NEurope

At some point this weekend (never give the full details of the crime!), me and a friend explored the abandoned grain silo next to the Water Eaton park and ride in Oxford.

It was amazing. Although there was so much pigeon shit everywhere it'll be a miracle if neither of us end up with bird flu.

Expect pictures in the Photography Thread soon.

At some point this weekend (never give the full details of the crime!), me and a friend explored the abandoned grain silo next to the Water Eaton park and ride in Oxford.

It was amazing. Although there was so much pigeon shit everywhere it'll be a miracle if neither of us end up with bird flu.

Ah I know that building well, I drive past it all the time on the way to Silverstone, and used to drive past it even more often when I used to visit Oxford regularly.

Ah I know that building well, I drive past it all the time on the way to Silverstone, and used to drive past it even more often when I used to visit Oxford regularly.

Yeah I always use the park and ride next to it when I go to Oxford and always liked the derelict look of it. Now I've been inside! It was pretty creepy. Every noise made me wonder if it was a security guard checking up on the place or a homeless drug addict who lived there. Turns out it was always a pigeon.

I can't emphasise this enough: I fucking hate ladders.

Edited by Goafer

Yeah I always use the park and ride next to it when I go to Oxford and always like the derelict look of it. Now I've been inside! It was pretty creepy. Every noise made me wonder if it was a security guard checking up on the place or a homeless drug addict who lived there. Turns out it was always a pigeon.

I can't emphasise this enough: I fucking hate ladders.

Yeah a number of places like that I'd always be petrified about some crazy running out of the shadows, or a ladder breaking/floor giving way etc... rusty impalement FTL!

Awesome for two reasons:

1. My Dad came out of hospital today and got to watch the match with meeee,

and 2. Chelsea won the Premiership with a stunning 8-0 victory, AND the golden boot to...well, boot. Today is GOOD DAY.

...or a ladder breaking/floor giving way etc... rusty impalement FTL!

Ugh, that reminds me of the place on top of the actual silos. The bit in the middle of the building was the machinery/stairs and the lighter concrete bits either side are the actual silos. When we were on top of them, there was an open manhole that you could see into the silos through. All I could see inside was pitch black. I was a bit nervous when I realised all that stood between me and a rather large, blind drop was about 1-2 feet of concrete. Luckily the building is still in good condition apart from a tiny hole in the floor at one of the upper levels. Didn't even attempt to walk across any wooden floorboards though in case they were rotten.

Wasn't best pleased this morning having a house viewing at 9:30am, especially when i only had 4 hours sleep and was still drunk(ish).

Finally watched Top Gun this afternoon with a bag of chocolate buttons and a Pepsi.

Tried the new Chicken place last night, was pretty good i thought.

I went on an adventure today! (woo)

Went to belfast with mbam, and we kinda managed to not get lost - although I don't think I was too much help bahaha.. :D

The gluten free diet was sacrificed with a gluteny-cheesey-calorific pretzel which was yum. =D I'm wondering how effective it is being gluten free... because I don't feel any less sick.. >_> Was hoping it would have worked its magic by now (until today it was a good 2 weeks g-f) I think I might be able to get away with it sometimes due to my condition being very episodic. Time will tell. I miss real proper awesome gluten filled bread! But I definitely don't miss subway after how ill I was after eating it!

But yes, going to Belfast was fun, and mbam is the bestest ever. And her doggies are also lovely too =D

I went on an adventure today! (woo)

Went to belfast with mbam, and we kinda managed to not get lost - although I don't think I was too much help bahaha.. :D

The gluten free diet was sacrificed with a gluteny-cheesey-calorific pretzel which was yum. =D I'm wondering how effective it is being gluten free... because I don't feel any less sick.. >_> Was hoping it would have worked its magic by now (until today it was a good 2 weeks g-f) I think I might be able to get away with it sometimes due to my condition being very episodic. Time will tell. I miss real proper awesome gluten filled bread! But I definitely don't miss subway after how ill I was after eating it!

But yes, going to Belfast was fun, and mbam is the bestest ever. And her doggies are also lovely too =D

For some it can be very bad others not so, my house mate used to occasionally eat something with wheat in it, but now its got to be such a small amount, so it may become worse over time, it may stay the same or it may get better. Really not eating that much wheat will do you more good anyway, our diets are so bad for us, which is why you find lots of eastern diets don't affect the population the same way.

Good news everyone! I think boredom has become my very way of life, waking up day after day with my best prospect of happiness being able to forget I even exist from one hour to the next. For the love of Christ will somebody please set me on fire so I can occupy myself.

I booked my practical driving test for the 12th July. Scary stuff. Not entirely sure I'm ready for it yet but think I will be by the time it comes up. Eeeek!

For some it can be very bad others not so, my house mate used to occasionally eat something with wheat in it, but now its got to be such a small amount, so it may become worse over time, it may stay the same or it may get better. Really not eating that much wheat will do you more good anyway, our diets are so bad for us, which is why you find lots of eastern diets don't affect the population the same way.

I agree completely, refined sugar, bad fats, too much of everything in general, and not enough of the good stuff.

I just cant be bothered with any of it. It's so depressing going out and having to restrict yourself.. I just hope this colonoscopy can bring some sort of help before i start going mental. I've really had enoughhhhh of everything. Gr.

I don't even care that i get sick all the time or pain.. Its just the restrictions it brings. I want to be a 23 year old that can drink, eat crap and be normmmalll.

edit: Good luck dyson!

*sets gaggle on fire*

Good news everyone! I think boredom has become my very way of life, waking up day after day with my best prospect of happiness being able to forget I even exist from one hour to the next. For the love of Christ will somebody please set me on fire so I can occupy myself.

Play some video games, man! Emerge yourself in a world far more interesting and exciting than your own!

Play some video games, man! Emerge yourself in a world far more interesting and exciting than your own!

Like i do from time to time. This evening was spent in the Gears universe shooting randoms online and all that. Always makes time fly i think.

I'm up nice and early.

With nothing to do.

For the first time in literally months I've gone to bed at a normal hour and had a "nights" sleep.

Before this I've just been snatching a few hours of sleep every 24 hours or so.

So today I guess I should sort out my travel to Heathrow for Thursday morning.

It looks like I might have to actually arrive there for around midnight and wait 9 hours for my flight.

Which isn't cool.

Went out for a drink with an ex from way back last night. Only just got home. Booyah!

I managed to find the random giver of coats and convinced him to take his coat back. Although this post pales in comparison to Dan getting lucky.

I feel like a child.

I didn't realise he got lucky... I honestly thought he just... drank till late.

I feel like a child.

I didn't realise he got lucky... I honestly thought he just... drank till late.

I'm just assuming that the "Booyah!" is the equivalent to a guy grinning in the morning.

That picture is awesome.

I need to go buy some breakfast!

Went out for a drink with an ex from way back last night. Only just got home. Booyah!

So that explains that text at 7:30.

Just got a phone call from Shop Direct (catalogue people; Littlewoods, online Woolworths...others) asking for more details, explaining to me the job etc and offering me a phone interview tomorrow so I'll be doing that.

But she said its up to 35 hours during the quiet period (summer) and working shifts between 7am and 11pm but the earliest I can get there on the train is 7:22 and the latest I can leave is 22:17 :/ Think I may just explain that tomorrow and see what she says.

Also. My hamster is making weird noises in her sleep. Not sure if I should be concerned...

What sort of noises?

My hamster used to make noises all the time!

I miss my hamster. :weep:

Can someone who has any travel experience check this out?

My travel arrangements for Wednesday/Thursday (I'm flying out around 9ish)

I leave Huddersfield at 20:26 and go to Manchester.

I get there for 21:05 and then get the train at 21:15 to London Euston, arriving at 23:48.

I then walk to the Euston tube station and take the tube to Green Park, where I switch to the tube going to Heathrow Terminal 5, all of which takes about an hour.

Then I'll be at Heathrow for 1AM and very bored, because it's virtually closed until 5.30.

Yeah?

Does that sound about right?

I'm useless at this sort of stuff (travel).

It's only my second time flying and first time having to sort any of this sort of stuff out.

I come from a rural area that hardly has any public transport at all.

It's just all tractors!

Sounds like you've got it sorted to me. Know which tube lines you need? Helps to know ahead of time (it's Victoria southbound then west on Picadilly).

Also, make sure you have a book/DS for that wait at Heathrow, or something comfortable to rest your head against for a snooze!

Tractors suck.

Yes. Abandoned exploring is actually too much win.

Back from Great Yarmouth. I'm gonna do some shit first (catch up on TV etc) and then I will report back with photos, videos and stories etc. Was great though.