NEurope

(I love Lily BB impersonator in that first photo)

:laughing:

16158_687079675029_36818242_40772904_2884488_n.jpg

La Isla Bonita.

Had a blood test today. While the nurse was getting ready to steal my blood she complimented me on my "beautiful" veins (Weirdly enough this isn't the first time my veiny arms have been complemented - I think they look cool in a gross way but girls love them, no jokes) she started talking about a previous patient who had pronounced veins...

...and then proceeded to talk about how she took about half an hour attempting to put the needle in properly before having to call the doctor in. NEWSFLASH! That's not what I want to her before someone jabs a piece of metal into my arm!

Also started to get together a team for the 'Right to Play' charity 5-a-side football tournament. Should be a lot of fun.

Played some more Mass Effect 2. While it is very entertaining, I can't help but think it's an amazingly polished but intrinsically uninspiring game - that's not to say there's aren't some genuinely poignant bits in it. Also, the combat, is weak. No two ways about it.

Gym tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

It shows at work when they say they've never done training this way before. A hyper-crash course to get you to know the system in two days. This might work if they managed to not fuck up all our [12] accounts, not letting us login, certain programs not loading for some etc.

Instead, what they did is just tell us vaguely what to do "When you click on the box on the left, a window will appear and you have to type some shizzle in one of the boxes" without showing us any of it. Then just throw us into Live Mode and expect us to magically know.

But it's awesome knowing that I've earnt in a couple of days more than what I would've made in a week at my former job.

I really need to think about getting out of bed earlier. Didn't get out until just after 12pm today, even though my alarm went off at 9am.

Didn't really do anything pro-active either once i was up. Did go for a walk, which i reckon was a highlight. And i did watch an Arnie movie as well (review up in the Film thread)

The guy in stealth is clearly the one I should charge with an object first.

Too many questions are raised by this photo. Actually too many:

23609_482342885493_574130493_11104144_1377891_n.jpg

I sort of like that fascinator, but I sort of hate it at the same time.

Too many questions are raised by this photo. Actually too many:

[picture]

The first question I thought of was: "Why aren't they wearing gowns, when it appears to be formal hall?" :heh:

Actually I guess it could be Oxford Union or somewhere else entirely.

We find out when we're getting made redundant tomorrow. WOOP! :D Bout freaking time. And I'm on a half day, so am working for 1:20 and then the meeting and then the rest of the time for the news to sink in...then I go home. :D Awesome timing.

We find out when we're getting made redundant tomorrow. WOOP! :D Bout freaking time. And I'm on a half day, so am working for 1:20 and then the meeting and then the rest of the time for the news to sink in...then I go home. :D Awesome timing.

Roughly like the time i was told i was being made redundant. 1/2 day work, told just after lunch about redundancies. Then home, so the rage and anger wasn't released in work.

How about NO you crazy Dutch bastard. (I just like saying that, too much).

Yes, I am excited for tomorrow now! Also about seeing The Wolfman later.

- Went to meadowhall to spend a £75 voucher

- Lost £75 voucher

- Bought sea monkeys

- feel sick

Afternoon lecture was alright. Art theory. Looked at Freud's The Uncanny.

Urgh, the amount of times they've banged on about that in English lectures kills me. I may aswell be doing a degree on the Uncanny. Only I would fail it.

In other news, I managed to get to a 9oclock lecture this morning. So proud.

How about NO you crazy Dutch bastard. (I just like saying that, too much).

Wow. I literally went through a phase where this was genuinely all I said. I say phase...it was more like half a year or something.

- Went to meadowhall to spend a £75 voucher

Megawinnzzzz what voucher?

- Lost £75 voucher

Ouch painful failzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :(

Urgh, the amount of times they've banged on about that in English lectures kills me. I may aswell be doing a degree on the Uncanny. Only I would fail it.

Yeah only really a short term thing, unless you were doing a psych degree maybe.

Jayseven sorry to hear about your loss. Didn't record its serial number did you (if its an e-voucher)?

I have an office!...kinda

dh-ep207_sc51_0345.jpg

(unfortunately it doesn't look like that but I imagine I will be propositioning people in much the same way!)

Theres an office for part time teaching/research staff but that covers about 7 people so they said as I should only be doing this research thing Monday-Weds I can have the writer in residence's office as she's only in Thursday and Friday. But going to speak to her myself tomorrow.

Still not sure what this job is about...looked over some lit and going to email my boss/colleague/Babs to see if I'm on track.

Student didn't turn up. First of the semester. Although kinda expected as it was his birthday yesterday.

My (computer) mouse has died :( Might pop into town tomorrow during lunch. Don't want to but otherwise I'd have to wait until Saturday and I hate using the trackpad.

Oh and went to see Ponyo. Ponyo ponyo ponyo ponyo ponyo </end tune>

Yay: Gonna try finishing Bioshock 2 today, and tomorrow gonna set up a dictaphone with a friend, get some beers in, play some pop choons and record our spontaneous responses; then write them up and send them in to the student mag. Saad and Jamie's singles corner. It's gonna be so hateful.

Boo: Have to read even more Simone de Beauvoir for tomorrow (as well as boring theses on plagiarism and internet research)

Oh and went to see Ponyo. Ponyo ponyo ponyo ponyo ponyo </end tune>

Oh sheeeeeit. Whair? Its good right? Quite excited for it actually. In fact, gonna have a ghibli night over half term. Been so long =D

Edited by The Bard
Automerged Doublepost

It shows at work when they say they've never done training this way before. A hyper-crash course to get you to know the system in two days. This might work if they managed to not fuck up all our [12] accounts, not letting us login, certain programs not loading for some etc.

Instead, what they did is just tell us vaguely what to do "When you click on the box on the left, a window will appear and you have to type some shizzle in one of the boxes" without showing us any of it. Then just throw us into Live Mode and expect us to magically know.

But it's awesome knowing that I've earnt in a couple of days more than what I would've made in a week at my former job.

Haha I know it too well, I wasn't given any training, just a piece of paper with the order of the questions to ask. Thankfully in those days the system was retardedly simple and there was little that could go wrong! I think a lot of the time the best way to do it is just be thrown in, and if you have nice colleagues they'll always help you.

Are you working full time now?

Oh sheeeeeit. Whair? Its good right? Quite excited for it actually. In fact, gonna have a ghibli night over half term. Been so long =D

Its released in some cinemas now. Saw it at the Odeon. Forgot Betty White was in it. Legend. Although I don't see you as a Ghibli type...except maybe Graves.

My parents are on about moving house (well, my Mum is. Not too sure on Dad though). She's had enough of maintaining a big house and wants to move into a smaller one. She's spent 1/2 the night persuading me. My comments are: "Stop persuading me, persuade Dad. I don't have more than 2 choices and they are to either move with you or move without you"

I see why people lurk on forums so much. Hmm.

Pass week has been alright, I'm a free woman. Free woman = no job. I am glad to be gone, although I still need to hand in my uniform. Uniform..pah it was barely more than an ill fitting tshirt. No wonder people hardly last a week. Like Phil.

Housemates and I barely speak, I prefer it, what do I have in common with them now? Bah, its been over 2 weeks and the 'boyfriend' hasn't moved on. I've given here until I come back from my parents. Sunday.

Going out drinking tonight and tomorrow. I don't particularly expect to stay sober.

But yeah its been alright ^_^

Had to get up early and catch the bus somewhere today, for this interview/discussion thing. Turns out it's tomorrow, not today (They fucked up, not me).

So what does one do, early in the morning with nothing else to do...

Get a Mackie D's Breakfast, of course!

Had such a crap day, committing hysterical doom laughter amid my procrastination of my history essay. Really is strange that kind of laugh, as if you're hoping someone will swoop in to save your dying soul.

The hours just floated by with me doing nothing. Managed to almost finish the thing, but god it was a slog. There was a lot of getting side-tracked and leaving the computer to walk around aimlessly so I could briefly escape the dullity (coining this word) of it all.

Going away with some friends for a few days tomorrow though which will bring my mood back up from the well it's just been dropped down. My face aches from frowning.

Its released in some cinemas now. Saw it at the Odeon. Forgot Betty White was in it. Legend. Although I don't see you as a Ghibli type...except maybe Graves.

Totally a ghibli person. Some of my fave movies of all time. Only one I wasn't a big fan of was Pom Poko, although I haven't seen Tales of Earthsea. Yeah...GOTF is a personal favourite =p.

Actually, think I'm gonna watch Lupin 3 tonight =D.

yargh my spine hurts.

Drs wont give me painkillers (addictive, bad for liver, me too young, etc) so I've just gotta stfu and suffer it. Last time it was so severe I was nearly admitted to hospital, saved by my dad giving me some of his diazipam.

Gaaaaaaaaaay.