NEurope

At the same time it also feels grandoise to do things spontaneously. Hey going to hold hands with strangers in the street, just because I was passing by this morning.

To sit forever without standing up randomly and strolling about would be the most heinous of crimes.

I know, but by sit I really mean I want to sit on a nice patch of grass, from which I'll stand up from and see greatness before me. As opposed to seeing shit everywhere.

I need to read more. I feel that's how you learn; by reading through choice.

All the best people in my year are the people you'll see sitting in the common room reading a random book that sounds enjoy, which is totally irrelevant to the stuff we're doing on the course.

And at the moment it feels learning is so essential. Money is annoyingly key to life, and learning is the most reliable route to money.

I need to sit, and read about stuff, and understand more.

And at the moment it feels learning is so essential.
It never stops being essential though. Not for making money necessarily, just, being an interesting and knowledgeable person.

My Grandad, the first boy to go to University from his village, a nuclear physicist and the greatest man I've ever known, was still reading Journal articles at the age of 86.

Joined the "London For A Secular Europe" march, from Marble Arch to the Italian Embassy. Outside the Italian Embassy, we stood about (it was freezing), and people shouted, and then Peter Tatchell spoke on a megaphone. Too many valid points were raised.

I was going to go on that, but Quasar took preference... I'll be at the protest when the Pope actually visits, though, without question.

My day was alright, as I had the day off of work. I have just been experimenting with Sony Vegas Pro to get some video editing skills in before I go to uni.

Had a glass of milk earlier and a nap.

I've finally reverted to being a baby.

Today was interesting. Started new job today, turned up late because I went the wrong way. Fun. Had an extreeeeme crash course on what the fuck to do, which is basically the people New Look ring up to sort out your store card [And even do some loan shit, which they didn't go into much today]. Which they did try showing us what to do on the practice PC's, which didn't work. But by the end of the day we were in the deep end sorting peoples' shit out.

Not bad group of people who've started with me. Once I get into the pr0 swing of things, should be easies.

Got myself ANOTHER interview at Malpas Court House on Thursday, so had to go down the J/C to sort out travel costs. Got told i can have the money/costs re-embirsed when i present them the tickets.

Havn't heard off the last interview yet. I was meant to hear from them today, but you know them. If i don't hear from them tomorrow, i shall give them a buzz and see whats what.

Second job get!

I am now a research assistant (or, will be next week when I start). Looking at the demand for educational films. Should be interesting. At least its guaranteed, unlike the current job. Interview finished at 11:30, offered it at 12:45 which means thankfully there was minimal self-loathing and constant nitpicking. Think I impressed them when I said I research educational film companies and the national curriculum for the interview.

Afternoon lecture was alright. Art theory. Looked at Freud's The Uncanny.

Oh and suited up at uni all day. Got some odd looks but I look fucking awesome so its fine. And some bitch said to her friend as I walked past "why doesn't he just get a bigger bag?" because I was carrying my laptop in my arms. Because I was getting it out every few minutes (oh ai?) as I was hopping between place and place. Mind your own fucking business bitch.

Now home cooking spaghetti (with red wine for the first time in ages) and listening to Funiculì, Funiculà. How Lianne Mars of me.

Edited by Ashley

Had a glass of milk earlier and a nap.

I've finally reverted to being a baby.

Splutter-lol.

Today was interesting. Started new job today, turned up late because I went the wrong way. Fun. Had an extreeeeme crash course on what the fuck to do, which is basically the people New Look ring up to sort out your store card [And even do some loan shit, which they didn't go into much today]. Which they did try showing us what to do on the practice PC's, which didn't work. But by the end of the day we were in the deep end sorting peoples' shit out.

Not bad group of people who've started with me. Once I get into the pr0 swing of things, should be easies.

Oh yeah, sorry man I read your text today. You text my old phone though. Hit me up with mad skillz on new number for winz.

07769 217203

-------------

I'm quite knackered.

Saturday, my "celebratory" day. We went to see Percy Jackson, and then went shopping, then picked up my comics, then I blazed Disgaea 2 the rest of the day. Just got a Cock on it yesterday, so I'm going to grind my cock tonight and level it up, until its as strong and powerful as the rest of my arsenal.

<3 Disgaea 2 megaloadsz.

Sunday, which was yesterday we went for a "family" meal. Saw my sister, dad, dads cousin and ....cousin...thing...relative. Slash my god-mother. That was really nice. Had a nice meal. And seeing my dad was good again etc etc. Got a few gifts. Some random science toys from my dad (which are awesome) and Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Blu Ray, and bag, and money and etc etc.

Last night I had the raunchiest, filthiest dream of my life (which I of course found utterly brilliant) and also some kind of epic scary dream that I can't remember. So I woke up a few times adding to my tiredness.

Today after work we went to see Valentines Day. Surprisingly not megaly shit, and quite entertaining in some parts/the most part. Topher Grace is sooo awesome and Jennifer Garner/Jessica Biel are soooo hot. Etc.

--------------------

MEGA RANT WTF HELL FOLKS!

Bought to you in red text, the angry colour. TM

I bought two games from Zavvi. Both in stock. One was ridiculously cheap and in the sale. The other was full price, and an actual decent game instead of stupid shit (my problem with buying DS games) filler.

The shit game comes on Friday.

The full freaking price game STILL hasn't come! Two whole post days since the shit one came! So fricking annoying!!!

BUT THATS FINE>

Read such a fucking stupid email today. Its from someone who doesn't work in our department, saying how we are sending out over 10,000 letters over the next week, potentially they could all want to call us, and the person had the nerve to say "Which should be a challenge" and just said other COMPLETELY ignorant things in the email, when she doesn't have a fucking clue what our job is like. Idiot.

ReZ, I'm gutted you didn't reply. I went in wearing full suit and shoes.

Better to be safe than sorry. :)

But my feeties hurt.

I really need to expand these new shoes I got. They're a little tight around the toes. Any hints to expands?

@ Anti police thread: I crai.

Tooday, I just sat about and read Shame by Salman Rushdie, which is a really enjoyable read, considering most of our set texts for the postcolonial course have been weeeell boring. Magical realism ftw. Um, also, played a bit of Guitar Hero: Metallica. Man, I suck so so bad at guitar hero, it makes me weep with inadequacy.

Bard; I'm presuming you're going to read Hundred Years of Solitude? One of my fave books. Coetzee is also pretty good. Be aware that I've studied/passedexceedingly a module on the subject so I'll be overly aware if you use this topic as the latest basis for your rants.

MY DAY!

- Woke up fartooearly

- let housematewithoutakey into the house.

- Consoled him because he got dumped on v-day (wtf who does that? seriously!)

- Made a bolognaise

- Went to the 'local' pub

- Trod on a dog's foot

- Reached level 70 on MW2

Not really slept more than 5 hours per the last 3 nights so I'm looking forward to a massive 'lie in'... but considering it's practically 5am and I want to watch a couple of eps of Lie to Me before bed, I may consider staying up all day and crashing in the wee hours. I have 5 eps of this, and hopefully two UFCs to watch and an episode of smallville, which would take me to around 3pm. I also have The Hangover and Donnie Brasco so I could potentially pad the afternoon/evening out to ensure a proper sleeping pattern ensues.

EDIT: Vital info missing;

- Cut one fingernail

It's okay people.

I HAVE TOILET PAPER. :grin:

I ran out, fortunately no urinating on jesus moments arised. :)

Last night I was at my fattest eating Chinese! I pretty much have no working time devices and thus I tell the time through the sun now. :p Woke up at 9:10 this morning like... JANEDAMMIT I'M TEN MINUTES LATE. wait it is still kinda dark outside oh my phone clock isn't working...

*checks watch*

9:20?

Oh great my watch has stopped.

*checks Ipod*

out of Battery.

Turns out I wasn't late so I had time to prepare for the day.

The main thing from today is that I got Semester One Results back...

I'm doing okay, averagely at best BUT they have lost one of my exams or something! :p I saw my tutor and was like no no I DEFINATELY TOOK IT!

*One of Coolness' heart pounds slightly*

So I've got an F3 that at the moment so I've got the attached letter telling me to PULL MY SOCKS UP! (but in a more professional way.) My tutor is on the case so hopefully this is sorted out. :D That one exam brought me down.

That was the one I was looking forward to getting back the most as well.

anyway, PANCAKES! :yay: (because I've not talked about them enough)

My day has been fine so far. Apart from my knee playing me up as I had dislocated my knee cap on xmas eve. I then finished editing one of my videos, and started on my college work, which involved doing the bibliography using the harvard referencing system (god I hate that). I have also started to re-read 'Yes Man' by Danny Wallace, in which this eventually got turned into a movie starring Jim Carrey...I hate that film.

Went to shopping centre. Forgot it was half term. Bloody kids! Bit o' housework. Bit o' photoshopping. I thought it would be easy...how naive.

Got an interview offer from the course I want to do. HUZZAH! Except...either Monday, Tuesday or Thursday next week. How badly timed. Emailed back explaining about new job and I'd let him know tomorrow. He replied back saying "okay thanks, sorry I misspelt your name." which I had noticed but had to check I hadn't mentioned, which I hadn't, he had obviously just noticed too.

And phoned Jodie. Kept cutting off to silence and I kept saying "hello?" and it would eventually go back, but she was still talking so obviously hadn't noticed I wasn't talking. This happened a few times so I hung up. Then called her back a minute or so later and she said "hadn't notice you'd gone." I never have a conversation with her :p

Went to a shoppin centre I used to go to all the time as a babe, but haven't in years. Was less weird than I expected. Generally just followed family. Went to put M7S shopping in the car boot while everyone was fucking about, did so, then went to put the trolley away, when I suddenly realised both front-side windows were rolled down half-way.

I sudden;y thought "oh shit, robbery!" but nothing had been taking, the car was still locked, and the onyl way to open the front two windows is to put the key in to activate the electrics (the back window are rollers, the front two aren't). Checked everything, no one had been in. There were new packs of cigarettes, CD's etc in the car, not touched. Nothing of great value in the car in any case, but I genuinely dont think it was anything to do with peope. Must be some weird mechanical fault.

Bleh, so much work this week, but thankfully I've done most of it now. Wrote an essay on generalised quantifiers, and another one on non-linear phonology, now need to prepare a presentation on writing systems, which should hopefully be fun. And then another two essays for next Tuesday...

In other news:

Logicomix_162-163.jpg

I want to read this comic for the amusement value.

I keep mixing up 2 Olivia's I have on Facebook. They both have similar pictures, and for some reason I don't acknowledge they have completely different surnames...

I read this status update: "Oh nooooes feeling a Klaxons revival coming on! Turn it up, bounce off the walls. http://bit.ly/d9UtQf"

And thought to myself, "Please, for your own sake, stop pretending to be cool. You're lovely, but I can't stand when people try to be something they're not." Bounce off the walls is something the first Olivia would say, in an attempt to be hip.

Then I realised it was in fact the second Olivia speaking, and it suddenly made so much sense, because she's a crazed, but stunning, PJ Harvey wannabe:

16848_1169375767242_1613400017_434164_3295536_n.jpg

16158_687079675029_36818242_40772904_2884488_n.jpg

And it suddenly was a great status update, because Klaxons are so cliche that they're uncliche (for her). It's like me posting about how great Madonna is - so obvious and cliche that it comes full circle, and becomes the most stunning thing.

(I love Lily BB impersonator in that first photo)

I can't stand when people try to be something they're not.

What is she?

Fight the power Chair, bring it on home.

Splutter-lol.

Oh yeah, sorry man I read your text today. You text my old phone though. Hit me up with mad skillz on new number for winz.

07769 217203

-------------

I'm quite knackered.

Saturday, my "celebratory" day. We went to see Percy Jackson, and then went shopping, then picked up my comics, then I blazed Disgaea 2 the rest of the day. Just got a Cock on it yesterday, so I'm going to grind my cock tonight and level it up, until its as strong and powerful as the rest of my arsenal.

<3 Disgaea 2 megaloadsz.

Sunday, which was yesterday we went for a "family" meal. Saw my sister, dad, dads cousin and ....cousin...thing...relative. Slash my god-mother. That was really nice. Had a nice meal. And seeing my dad was good again etc etc. Got a few gifts. Some random science toys from my dad (which are awesome) and Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Blu Ray, and bag, and money and etc etc.

Last night I had the raunchiest, filthiest dream of my life (which I of course found utterly brilliant) and also some kind of epic scary dream that I can't remember. So I woke up a few times adding to my tiredness.

Today after work we went to see Valentines Day. Surprisingly not megaly shit, and quite entertaining in some parts/the most part. Topher Grace is sooo awesome and Jennifer Garner/Jessica Biel are soooo hot. Etc.

--------------------

MEGA RANT WTF HELL FOLKS!

Bought to you in red text, the angry colour. TM

I bought two games from Zavvi. Both in stock. One was ridiculously cheap and in the sale. The other was full price, and an actual decent game instead of stupid shit (my problem with buying DS games) filler.

The shit game comes on Friday.

The full freaking price game STILL hasn't come! Two whole post days since the shit one came! So fricking annoying!!!

BUT THATS FINE>

Read such a fucking stupid email today. Its from someone who doesn't work in our department, saying how we are sending out over 10,000 letters over the next week, potentially they could all want to call us, and the person had the nerve to say "Which should be a challenge" and just said other COMPLETELY ignorant things in the email, when she doesn't have a fucking clue what our job is like. Idiot.

Maestro Jump In! Didn't come AGAIN today. Seriously, what the fuck.

Oh just checked the email and it says "Out of stock, despatched when in"

Well that explains it. Annoying however as it definitely said in stock when I orders. The one downside of online shopping.

Wow, I don't actually like Peter Kay, but he was just legendary.

Noel or Liam knobGallagher came on stage, knobbed around and then threw the Brit Award away.

I went "Wow, what a knob"

And Peter goes "What a knob head/end" (didn't hear) applauded.