N-Europe

Why?

mcj metroid

'revolutions' on these forums aren't exactly favourable, and I'm sure that in cases such as these, it's necessary to just STFU some members in order to sort things out.

It's past midnight, and tomorrow is a school/college/uni day, so understandably it's not something those in charge can hassle themselves over when sleep, when preparation for THE REAL WORLD are called for. I'm sure a fresh look at the situation tomorrow will clear things up.

Things have been heated on here for a while now, I'm sure this isn't the end.

I wouldn't have minded if they were actually funny and got banned for the sake of entertainment, what they posted was just unfunny.

The original epic thread martyrs are missed to this day *wipes tear from check*

whats with all the 'gtfo' people with stupid frogs as their avatar? where did this come from? lol

I wouldn't have minded if they were actually funny and got banned for the sake of entertainment, what they posted was just unfunny.

whats with all the 'gtfo' people with stupid frogs as their avatar? where did this come from? lol

Rez made them because he is cool. I believe. I found it reasonably funny, but the GTFOMOIRA was a step to far, if anything the people banned should have been banned from the thread and not the whole site.

Hey, give it a night and see what happens. really no point getting worked up over it. The admins I know need their sleep :P

Personally I think admins should be allowed to ban whoever the fuck they like. Once bondaries are set users can just push them and bend them.

so you're comparing the forums to a society where people work and provide useful services or goods for others, pay taxes and provide for the state in order for the state to provide for the people? A society where we elect our leaders and have a say in how things are run?

None of us pay a penny to post our meaningless shit here. Ultimately the forum is not ours, and therefore out not ours to use as we please. Sorry to say, but we don't choose what is right and wrong on a forum - the forum does. Therefore, the admins and moderators are in charge. We should be thankful that they have ever listened to the regular users like you and me. They could have chosen to be way tougher and totally streamlined what we can say and do.

that's true there have been a lot of arguments lately. I haven't been around as much mostly because of it. oh well

Ditto.

Bad vibes on here recently.

Once and a while things come to a climax here, it's nothing new. Most of the time I find it is because the forums are a bit quiet and people get bored. You never get this kind of behaviour around E3, people are too occupied yelling OMFG!!!111 MEGATON. Maybe we need to get some forum competitions going or something to rake in new members.

And I don't know what happened, I was asleep, and I don't know if I care, but if you break rules or insult people you're banned. You don't like it go to 4chan or something.

Edit: Yeah just read what jayseven said.

The were banned for a reason. Epic aftermath was also epic.

What the hell's gonig on anyway, what ahve i missed? I was out last night.

Personally, GTFOMoria was obviously way too far. As you could see I left early last night, so missed it all.

I must say I think its fantastic that a page or two of immature gags, gets you banned quicker than being a horrible person, and instigating arguments every post you make. Good job!

What the hell is GTFO and GTFOMOIRA????

This is mad. I quite liked ANt, he was funny, and I have nothing against Harribo. Personally, I don't like bannings. I miss loads of the funny old faces on here. When I first came on you had real characters like:

Dabookerman, Solitanze, Nintendork and others... I love these boards, but it's because the people on them make them great. Without all the fiery individuals and the arguments it wouldn't be the interesting place it is.

I don;t mind thread locks or temporary bans for people to cool down. I've had plenty of arguments that have been quite heated with people on here, but I've never wanted any of them booted.