N-Europe

worrying statistic

UK

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say it has here at my college nor at work. I've noticed some 16's trying to buy, I refuse when they don't have ID, but they just get them somewhere else. How it always works.

I don't agree with smoking, but if my friends are doing it, I'm not going to preach all up in their faces to stop it.

Interesting that this should come up now.

I moved in recently with a friend i've had since I was 12, I'm probably his best friend, and now we are flatmates while i'm at uni we're sharing everything.

Are smokers ashamed of smoking?

2 Weeks ago I walked past his room and I spot some tobacco on his windowsill (by the way his window has been open since we got here) , I'm curious but I ignore it, it could easily have been from the previous occupants. Then a few days ago he goes to tidy his room, I stay and keep on playing Halo 3, he comes back a few minutes later (saying he didn't see much point in cleaning up just yet) and when he comes in I smell smoke, I'm pretty suspicious now but I don't bring it up. Then to confirm I go to his room and in his top drawer he's got 3 empty packets of tobacco and some filter tips.

So the point is that he's been smoking secretly. I don't care if he smokes or not and I find it interesting that he hides it from me. I find it curious that he started in the first place, I imagine it's to do with peer pressure.

Worrying how?

I mean a couple of my mates smoke. I don't, most of us don't.

And i know some people say the age limit dropping won't do anything, but i think it will, just a little.

It'[s the chavs/neds or whatever you call them mainly, then agaibn, saying that i know retard "emos and moshers" att he park that do too.

I'm pretty sure i just got absolutely nowhere with my post.

I really, really don't understand what possesses people to start smoking. They are paying to do something that doesnt look particularly enjoyable and will ultimately kill them a little bit sooner than otherwise. The whole "peer pressure" bullshit doesn't lie with me either, anybody with half a brain wouldn't be so stupid.

For real though.

Im not a dope smoker and never will be, but its better for you then ciggarettes are.

Doing that regularly though leads to brain damage and or mental health issues.

But yeah, a from time to time thing, it's much less harmfull for you than smoking.