• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had originally heard it was going to be

Heroes part one

Heroes Origins

Heroes part two

But that article about them cancelling Origins seemed to indicate it was going to be shown afterwards.

SRSLY dont see the point in American US "hiatus" its uberly pointless. Never used to happen?! (?)

jsut watched episode 7 and THANK FUCK FOR THAT! finally we're seeing some heroes meeting each other... and just so many pivotal moments, so much to think about - and finally some sort of idea as to where the series is going.

My faith is totally restored in the series. Even if the next 6 episodes are boring, i still believe that the show will progress towards some awesome places.

So is Parkman's dad good? Misled? Is peter going to prevent or aid the virus spread? Will noah die, and will that actually help anything? The south-american twins.. maybe another cure for the virus, or an alternate virus to wipe things out? Maybe sylar will have some sort of epiphany and try to be good? unlikely, for sure... But man, this episode totally opened things up while joining a lot of threads together. Aces!

I had originally heard it was going to be

Heroes part one

Heroes Origins

Heroes part two

But that article about them cancelling Origins seemed to indicate it was going to be shown afterwards.

SRSLY dont see the point in American US "hiatus" its uberly pointless. Never used to happen?! (?)

It has a point (scheduled around sweeps months, whereby advertisers take most interest in ratings and such and this then effects what money they pump into networks) its also why some shows are only interesting in November, February and May.

Warning you!

Oh oh spaghettios

heroes_spoiler.jpg

Note the people (or lack of people) in the background.

Oh and please ensure any reaction to this is tagged. :)

but but seee west is there - so surely it's not him who actually shoots noah... if it werent so glaringly obvious my money would be on mohinder as the gunman... hmmmmmmmmmm!

Just watched Episode 7. Great stuff.

Parkman's mental battle with Maury was great. Well done, Matt.

:)

So Nikki is very infected. Interesting.

Peter is Hiro'ing his way through the plot. Not a bad thing, but try to remember what you have been doing. (By the way, poor Caitlin. She's gonna be traumatized.)

Hiro's past battle was cool. Glad to see that arc has finally been solved.

Mohinder's character is moving along nicely. He's like Matt in that respect.

The Claire/West arc is, so far, uninteresting. Until they reveal Noah's connection with the virus and/or past heroes, it'll remain like that.

And, finally, Adam Monroe. I saw this coming, actually. With all the talk about biblical theories, I figured "Adam" would be the first hero ever.

Plus, he has probably gained new abilities. He can be immortal all he wants, but that doesn't make him too dangerous. Unless he's extremely persuasive. He managed to fool a mindreader, after all.

Still, interesting thing to note that Kaito told Hiro stories about Adam/Kensei. What was Kaito's plan?

Adam and Sylar are my favourite characters right now. And Adam's goal is still not very clear.

Speaking of Sylar:

[Crazy Speculation]

How did he lose the powers? Was he captured by Adam? Is he the cure?

[/Crazy Speculation]

Well, I'm hyped for the next episode, now.

Wow, just finished watching ep 7, bloody awesome stuff.

Can't believe I didn't think that the virus outbreak could be the Shanti(sp?) one, everyone was expecting the twins to cause it, and they even gave us a massive clue in the ep when Shuresh(sp?) was with Monica (was that 5 or 6)

How they fixed the Kensai story so Hiro as a kid would still her the story was a bit of a cop out though, really. And he should have know he wasn't really dead. The revelation that he is Adam also, kinda pissed me off as ut was too fracking obvious, which is why i was certain it wouldn't happen, like why would they possibly make it that frigging obvious, but one wonders why he didn't try to destroy the world till now (maybe waiting for Hiro, to get revenge)....

And really when you think about it, this is all Hiro's fault, that kiss is the reason the world is about to end, i don't think he's gonna be able to handle that revelation too well when he finds out.

And begs the question, how did they "imprison" Adam for an unspecified long amount of time and how did he only get out 2 weeks ago.

also will there be anyone who controls insects? I liked the idea of all the random cockroaches being someones minions keeping tabs on people.

HRG is going bloody crazy, if Claire would stop being a little drama queen and tell him about West (who i still think is bloody evil), maybe he'd bloody show her the painting that's making him nuts and they could work round it.

Suresh is also now about to go off the deep end, though i wonder has HRG sent him the pictures? Maybe he'll piece something together then.

And Peter, well bloody finally he got his memory back, but holy crap he left the Irish girl in the future, now i didn't like her much but that is one messed up way to get rid of a character.

The twins, i think i finally figured them out.

(i forgot their names, so will just call them, him and her :heh:)

What could happen is they use the girl to infect people with her "virus" then obviously have her brother cure them,

this could cure the Shanti virus in one of two ways.

1: By curing his sisters virus in people it doesn't just cure her virus but also returns people to full health removing any illness virus they had before they were infected with the sisters virus.

2: The virus the sister has also attacks other infections in a person and kills/removes anything else so that it is the only virus/illness within a body, then when the brother cures them nothing is left.

Kinda the same thing but slightly different, the idea that Claire will be the cure is too cliche, it would just bring us to a "Find the cheerleader, save the world" slogan, too much like last season. They might actually believe Claries powers could help with the virus but i think they ultimately want her for other reasons, afterall she does have the same powers as Adam

Also did anyone else notice they changed the colour of the eclipse at the start to green, could there be any significance in this?

They might actually believe Claries powers could help with the virus but i think they ultimately want her for other reasons, afterall she does have the same powers as Adam

so.. claire's indestructible, and adam's indestructible/immortal somehow... unless he somehow traveled through time like (or with?) hiro, he hasn't aged. at all. right?

will claire age? she has sone so far... as has adam... why did he STOP aging? and i suppose peter wont be aging either (yatta for dystopian future decontamination shower scenes!!)

also!! since healing power counteracts aging, injury and illness are all 3 going to be immune to the virus...? hmmmmmm???

Speaking of Adam, he remind anyone else of Barney Stinston? With the suits and everything now...or is it just me?

His face is a lot like Barney's. If he had a suit and an american accent, he'd be nearly identical.

Here's a comparison:

Barney

[ATTACH]1659[/ATTACH]

Adam

[ATTACH]1660[/ATTACH]

Separated at birth?

so.. claire's indestructible, and adam's indestructible/immortal somehow... unless he somehow traveled through time like (or with?) hiro, he hasn't aged. at all. right?

will claire age? she has sone so far... as has adam... why did he STOP aging? and i suppose peter wont be aging either (yatta for dystopian future decontamination shower scenes!!)

also!! since healing power counteracts aging, injury and illness are all 3 going to be immune to the virus...? hmmmmmm???

Well it would be pointless to be invincible and just a day-old all the time :P Kensai didn't seem to notice he was able to heal himself before that sword-incident earlier in the series, so maybe it just sort of happened (Eclipse, anyone)?

On the chilly Monday morning that Hollywood's writers went on strike, Heroes creator Tim Kring called from the streets outside the Hollywood studio where his NBC series is shot. ''Yes, I'm picketing my own show,'' says the 50-year-old writer-producer. ''So surreal.''

But Kring wasn't calling to discuss labor woes — he was calling to explain why Heroes, suffering a creative decline and a 15 percent ratings drop from the same period last year, went from Human Torch hot to Iceman cold. The good news? A turnaround appears to be under way. After weeks of sluggish storytelling, the Nov. 5 episode recaptured some of last season's fanciful energy. We've also seen the next two episodes — and we like them, too. The cliff-hangers are back. Narrative purpose has been discovered. Old favorites like Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) and Horn-Rimmed Glasses (Jack Coleman) take center stage. Even more encouraging: Kring himself is keenly aware that Heroes is broken. Here's his candid critique:

THE PACE IS TOO SLOW ''We assumed the audience wanted season 1 — a buildup of intrigue about these characters and the discovery of their powers. We taught [them] to expect a certain kind of storytelling. They wanted adrenaline. We made a mistake.''

THE WORLD-SAVING STAKES SHOULD HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED SOONER The premonition of nuclear apocalypse created a larger context that unified every story line last season. Kring now sees that Volume 2 (the first 11 episodes of season 2) would have been better served if Peter's vision of viral Armageddon had appeared in the season premiere rather than episode 7. ''We took too long to get to the big-picture story,'' he says.

THE ROOKIES DIDN'T GREET THEMSELVES PROPERLY New Heroes Monica (Dana Davis), Maya (Dania Ramirez), and Alejandro (Shalim Ortiz) ''shouldn't have been introduced in separate story lines that felt unattached to the show. The way we introduced Elle (Kristen Bell) — by weaving her in via Peter's story line — is a more logical way to bring new characters into the show.'' (That said, Kring says a few newbies won't make it beyond this second volume, which wraps Dec. 3.)

HIRO WAS IN JAPAN WAY TOO LONG Hiro's (Masi Oka) time-bending adventure in 17th-century Japan — where he mentored samurai hero Takezo Kensei (David Anders) — finally came to an end on Nov. 5. But Kring says it ''should have [lasted] three episodes. We didn't give the audience enough story to justify the time we allotted it.''

YOUNG LOVE STINKS Kring regrets sticking Claire (Hayden Panettiere) with a super-dud boyfriend and forcing Hiro to moon over a cutesy princess. ''I've seen more convincing romances on TV,'' he admits. ''In retrospect, I don't think romance is a natural fit for us.''

Yet while Heroes has finally found some dramatic traction, this second volume is pretty much a wash. The Dec. 3 episode has been retooled to function as a potential season finale — a move inspired by the writers' strike and a desire to give the show ''a clean slate'' when it goes back into production for Volume 3. At that point, Kring wants to craft a rebooted Heroes that can attract new fans and win back those who've tuned out: ''The message is that we've heard the complaints — and we're doing something about it.''

I thought it was weird how they turned the title sort of green aswell. Could be the virus or something spreading through the world. Can't wait till the next episode though.

It was part of an NBC promotion about going "GREEN", as in Earth friendly:heh:

It was part of an NBC promotion about going "GREEN", as in Earth friendly:heh:

Mhm its part of NBC eco-friendly week or month or something. 30 Rock is having a 'green mascot' character being fedangled in by Jack and other shows are doing stuff....

That's all the green was about, well that sucks, i was hoping it had some meaning for the show.

Nice interview up above there, really glad about the comments on Claires romance, now the best way to fix this would be to make West evil, because we all already think it anyway.. then HRG kills him :)

EDIT:actually even better, Nathan meets him, they have some sort of flying contest/race and Nathan catches him when they land HRG is there and they both kill him, mwhahahahahaha

now lets just hope the strike ends soon and we get a full season instead of half of one

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!