N-Europe

Best twists?

welsh_gamer

Which movies, TV shows and book's, had the best and most surprising twist(s)? (Post spoiler tags if you are going into detail)

Mine are (off the top of my head) :-

The Sixth Sense

I was lucky, that no one told me that Bruce Willis was a ghost. Had me thinking for a while after watching it, and of course I have re-watched it many times now.

Kill Bil Vol.1

Finding out at the end, that the bride's daughter was still alive. The music made this scene even more awesome!

Planet of the Ape's

I liked the ending of the original film :)

Goldeneye

Alex Trevelan's back from the dead!

24 Season 5

Logan's bad turn of course!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His Dark Materials are great for twists!

Northern Lights

When you find that The Master is good, that Ms Coulter is bad, and that Lord Asriel is bad.

The Subtle Knife

When you find that Lord Asriel is actually good, and that The Authority (god) is a lier and a control-freak.

The Amber Spyglass

When you find that The Authority isn't actually a god!

I'm still reading the 3rd!

Saw:

when the dead dude gets up and is revealed to the crazy alive dude

I liked that.

QFT!!!

Loved that twist!

When you find out the fat boiler suited serial killer guy, who chopped off that girls head to adorn his penis, was actually just a figment of the lead characters imagination. Bitch was crazy! Amazing film too, if your reading this and you HAVEN'T saw this, you are a spoon, and i've ruined the ending for you! Looooooseeeerrrr! ^_^

If you haven't saw the film, buy it off Play.com and love me for telling you to! Also you won't be a spoon.

It was obvious that he was alive, but the rest was genious.

When's the third book coming out?

theres been no date, but given that there was an epcert from the third in the seconds special edition (in 2007) i think it'll be mid or early 2008 there was no need for the spoiler really...

The whole 6th episode was shocking and had about 10 different great twists in it, such as the clone of jekylls lover or that his mother was utterson and there were even twists in the past! where it wasn't jekylls potion that changed him, it was the maid claire

QFT!!!

Loved that twist!

When you find out the fat boiler suited serial killer guy, who chopped off that girls head to adorn his penis, was actually just a figment of the lead characters imagination. Bitch was crazy! Amazing film too, if your reading this and you HAVEN'T saw this, you are a spoon, and i've ruined the ending for you! Looooooseeeerrrr! ^_^

If you haven't saw the film, buy it off Play.com and love me for telling you to! Also you won't be a spoon.

That was a good film indeed.

Finding out that the wimpy ass lead character is actually The One - some kind of super fighting machine

It was the gimp all along!

Lead realizes that the antagonist made him suffer because back in school he accidentally spread a rumour that the antagonist was doing the dirty bumps with his own sister(which was true). Alas his sister believed she was pregnant and decided to kill herself so the antagonist decides to make our lead suffer by imprisoning him for 15 years so that he could hypnotize him on release to have sex with his own daughter. In the end he gets hypnotized to forget about the deed, hinting that they lived happily ever after in sodomy.

What about Lost? Its full of its fair share of twists.

The only good twist in Lost for me was when..

...in series one, you found out that Locke had originally been in a wheelchair.

Did purchase His Dark Materials a few years ago, but I could not get into them. Maybe I can now that I'm oloder tho...

i only watched series one of lost and that was probably the only reason i did... unless you count sawyer as a reason... ^____^

Oldboys twist was horrible. I was like wait... no, please no, OH GOD NO!.

Great film.

one of my instant favourites too! it was the hammer - - - - head effect and THAT one-take fight scene afterwards that sold it for me :yay:

my fafvourite twist~? all i can think of right now is

" my name is hiro nakamura ... i'm from the future..."

gold ^^

and i like the way each series of dr.who has been ending ~ something really crazy will happen, like the titanic smashing into the side of the tardis - and you're sat there going "WHAT?!?!" and the doctore is also saying "WHAT?!?!?!?!!!" XD hehe funny funny

Did purchase His Dark Materials a few years ago, but I could not get into them. Maybe I can now that I'm oloder tho...

There's a lot of good twists in Lost in my opinion.

When it was revealed who the convict was. I thought it was Sawyer for sure.

When Michael killed Ana and Libby

When Locke killed the Las Vegas girl in the last episode

I'm sure there was some that surprised me in Prison Break too, but I have the memory of a dead goldfish.

Beaver raped Veronica

Maebe and George Michael aren't actually cousins, but because Lindsay and Michael aren't actually siblings rather than Maebe being adopted.

The whole "the story's not over" part of the last episode of season two ("Something Blue") because it kept you guessing.

Platty is actually Shorty's mom

i only watched series one of lost and that was probably the only reason i did... unless you count sawyer as a reason... ^____^

Sawyer is definately a reason to watch the show he just oozes coolness. :D

This is my favourite scene from Lost. :heh:

GUESS WHAT I JUST SHOT A BEAR!

I liked it when it looks like tweener is caught in the motel room and it's really abruzzi who is surrounded and then gets killed.

I also like when the presidents brother commites suicide. That suprised me!

Many more from Prison Break but i just can't remember at the moment. :)

You mean the random yellow dotted line? That was odd.

What else has whoever directed Oldboy made?

Park Chan Wook has directed...

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance, J.S.A., I'm a Cyborg But Thats Ok and a segment in 3 extremes are all good.

I would also recommend a film called A Bittersweet Life who directed the awesome Korean horror A Tale of Two Sisters.

Also a film called Bad Guy, Bangkok Dangerous and One Night in Mongkok for similar styled films.

I love Asian cinema.

Park Chan Wook has directed...

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance, J.S.A., I'm a Cyborg But Thats Ok and a segment in 3 extremes are all good.

I would also recommend a film called A Bittersweet Life who directed the awesome Korean horror A Tale of Two Sisters.

Also a film called Bad Guy, Bangkok Dangerous and One Night in Mongkok for similar styled films.

I love Asian cinema.

I have Bittersweet Life from amazon rental in my house right now.:smile:

Need to watch that.