• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah all your fault Conza.

Que???? :shakehead

:heh:

I banned Ashley.

not really

Ashley was joking about leafing through PMs for 'personal interest'. The only reason to look through them is to see if anyone is in violation of the rules. The only time I've ever done it was to see if someone was cheating in the quiz. As if Ashley has time to waste on leisurely reading PMs of people he already gives up his free time to manage, between work, juggling where he lives and his education. Ash does more work than anyone for these forums than any other red or blue name and you got on his case for some joke that was way out of order.

Now please, be quiet about it.

Just wondering, is Ashley actually banned? If so who banned him and why?

Ok i was just about to log off when I noticed this thread, i've just spent a fair amount of time reading each and every post and from what i can see this whole thing has gone way over the top.

Ash was trying to test an issue a user brought up, and done so using an account of a member that not many people here liked much.

His comment about going through TG's PMs was taken way too seriously, which seems to have lead to the whole idea that we admins freely go around looking through your PMs is bullshit, and blown WAY out of proportion. For the record WE DO NOT.

(i think some are just trying to stir things up. Oddly enough one previously banned member, who said he wouldn't come back here shows that he's been here all along and couldn't resist tossing in his two cents)

I don't think the whole issue here is people are angry Ash said he looked at TG's PMs, but more so that perhaps people didn't realize Vbullentin Boards have the feature for admins on a board to login as other users, and are now all paranoid worried that all we do is look through their PMs. We would only do so for someone who has caused trouble/is causing trouble. If such people were using the PM system to try and "plan" any further mischeif with other members I would think it would be best to know this so that we may prevent any damage being caused in the future.

But once again just to be clear, we do not look at PMs

Ash is quite possibly the most important person on these forums, as stated previously he's the one who sorts all the VB upgrades and adds new features, he's on here more than anyone else, and he still has his real life to juggle with also, as do we all... yes that's right believe it or not there is a real world outside the internet.

Now please move on, this is a gaming forum not a drama queen meeting place.

I returneth.

I always knew I would. I said as much in the staff forum because as Shorty has said, I do a lot of the behind the scenes stuff and wouldn’t want to leave the other admins in the lurch (and speaking of, why has everyone forgotten Jordan, Shorty, Mokong and Platty are all admins…).

Anywho. My allbeit brief self banning (Shorty didn’t ban me, he did write “not” in white afterwards) was a dramatic display. Sometimes its needed (and if nothing else, spiced up Sunday evening eh?)

I propose we put all this behind us. I admit I made a mistake but you have to understand I would never, and have never, read through someone’s PMs for funsies, only if needs be. I started looking at TG’s to check to see if rule-breaking stuff had gone down (namely name-throwing, insulting etc) and I went too far. As I said. I made a mistake. Everyone does.

Anyway. Im not saying that as a “my decision is final” kind of thing, but more of a peace keeping method. Lets chalk it up to internet drama. I would close this thread but I don't want to prevent people from saying their word, as long as it isn't just "OH GOD HES SPYING ON US!". Lets all have a laugh about it eh?

(ps first one to point out the irony of what I posted in the first post and me returning does not unfortunatly get any cookies. :p)

When Supergrunch told me about all this I expected so much more..... Such a dissapointment. You guys suck at revolting. :(

Ermmm, I actually found the whole situation quite hillarious especially with the forum actually being closed because of this. =P

Like I said to supergrunch I don't care who reads my PMs as I never have anything to hide on like anything. =P

But yeah, I was hoping for everyone doing ban worthy things as that would have been epic.... What a way to get revenge!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!