Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart Wii

Zechs Merquise

What's the difference between 4 player gp and 4-player versus with AI?

4-Player GP is essentially 4 player co-op where you can play through the main single player with friends. The original SNES game had 2 player GP, as did the other home console version AFAIK.

4-Player versus is just a single race, you could probably play through each of the cups in turn. But you wouldn't unlock things this way.

Eurogamer Correction: Since this review was published, Nintendo has informed Eurogamer that it is possible to play sequences of four races with friends both offline and online. Offline, you can choose to select a race each time, randomise, or play in order - effectively allowing you to play through a regular GP if you select the usual first track. Online, racing with Friends, each player can select a track from those available on their save file. This clearly contradicts our observations of the review code and we apologise for the error.

Eurogamer Correction: Since this review was published, Nintendo has informed Eurogamer that it is possible to play sequences of four races with friends both offline and online. Offline, you can choose to select a race each time, randomise, or play in order - effectively allowing you to play through a regular GP if you select the usual first track. Online, racing with Friends, each player can select a track from those available on their save file. This clearly contradicts our observations of the review code and we apologise for the error.

Summarised: You can't do multiplayer GPs. Just loads of single races. So no new info at all.

Sequences of four races are basically the GP, even if it isn't called "GP".

Yup. I imagine it will be like the DS multiplayer where you do four races and it keeps a points tally. So even if its not strictly a GP... it softens the blow, and means you can even do custom GPs.

..although the multiplayer GP would have been nice, thank goodness that we can do these sequences of races and things. I'll have everything unlocked with 1 Player anyway so being able to do an 'unofficial' GP or even make up your own with your favourite tracks is perhaps even better! I just hope there is an awards ceremony after to celebrate the victor :heh:

I think I'll get NMH ahead of this game.

I'll probably buy Bratz The Movie before this too seeing as it's much better and good.

I just spat my juice out at your obvious attempt to either downplay the genius of Bratz or your obvious attempt to troll...

Baby Birdo...

Why?

Edit: Just seen this:

How ironic that, just as we cross the finishing line, Nintendo should fire off one of their patented blue shells and stop us in our tracks. While playing the game we failed to find the option to turn off AI karts, leading to the unpleasantly crowded races outlined above. Turns out the option is in there, squirreled away amongst the many menu screens (and, boy, does this game love menus).

My faith ion the game is slightly restored. It's just a shame about the battle mode.

Are you joking? Cube seriously....are you joking...WTF is that fucking shit?!

Christ, draw a line at Baby Mario and Luigi. As mentioned above, there are shitloads of characters from all previous games Id rather have over fucking baby shitty characters.

Id rather have a god damn Goomba FFS.

Are you joking? Cube seriously....are you joking...WTF is that fucking shit?!

On closer inspection, it seems that Gonintendo class Wikipedia as a viable source for some odd reason. So, no. It's not true.

Hmm that GT preview linked in the last page says you can't do GT online, but what about locally? I always found multiplayer GT the most fun (and most inclusive) way of playing through it to get secrets and such.

Hmm that GT preview linked in the last page says you can't do GT online, but what about locally? I always found multiplayer GT the most fun (and most inclusive) way of playing through it to get secrets and such.

From what I can gather:

1 Player GT

1 Player Single Race

1 Player Single Race Online

2 Player GT

2 Player Single Race

2 Player Single Race Online

3 Player Single Race

4 Player Single Race

And single races keep tallies, like most Mario Kart games. And can be done with or without AI.