NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I was playing MK64 today for the first time in awhile. Don't know why, but I didn't get the same sense as I've always gotten from it before, didn't excite me.

Try Bowser's Castle or Moo Moo Farm with 3 or 4 players. They tend to get a really great game-enhancing glitch very often.

Try Bowser's Castle or Moo Moo Farm with 3 or 4 players. They tend to get a really great game-enhancing glitch very often.

Haha, yeah we tried to get that activated but it wasn't for happening.

Battle mode is still fun though, can never beat a bit of block forts.

In battle mode, Skyscraper has that glitch that ups the speed.

There are others when racing too but I can't remember them right now, D.K Jungle Parkway and Yoshi's Valley spring to mind but I could well be wrong.

Never really owned MK 64. Played it when I was up at my aunts and then I downloaded it from the VC. Still haven't complete it though. I remember I always used to fall in Yoshis Valley and kept losing. Fun but after falling 10 times in 1 lap, it gets a tad annoying.

I got MK64 on the vc and I don't like it, I don't know what to do! :S Oh and is everything unlocked when you first play or do you get more stuff as you play along?

I didn't see the need of getting 64 having played the other 3D ones. I don't think they'll focus on speed but its usually quite good on 150cc. 200cc would be awesome even if very unlikely. It looked like that last spot on the modes will be taken by mirror. Never bothered with that unless it meant you could unlock stuff.

Mario Kart 64 is like_the_best_one. if only because it's the one all my friends used to own so we all know the tracks inside out.

I loved MK64. The tracks were, on the whole well thought out. It just seems to suffer on the VC, with a poor framerate.

MK Wii is worrying me. I'm not doubting how fun the game will be, but those character models are shocking. When pretty much every character in MKWii has had a superb model in either a GC game or Wii game, its simply appalling the dev has opted to go for some which look like N64 models.

I think DS had the best tracks. Very fun, and had a lot of technical paths and such for time trials. Very good indeed, and Im still uberly looking forward to this game a LOT.

For pure technical racing (if MK can be such a thing) i think the DS version is the best. But on a personal level, I have the fondest memories of Super Mario Kart, me and my brother spent hours on it.

I actually tend to play MK64 quite often with friends and the fun in Battle mode easily rivals Smash Bros Melee Multiplayer.

I think part of the fun is the simplicity it offered, you picked a driver and along with it came the kart with certain strengths and flaws, no weapon advantage, no special weapons, simple and fair.

Did anyone else encounter this problem with DD?: in multiplayer everyone couldnt drift for shit.

The drifting in DD wasnt too bad. Was it because people didnt understand that you could adjust the angle with the control stick?

Holy crap this game is released on my birthday!

Just watched a video of it and I'm not as hyped for it as I would hope. It has probably got something to do with the people in the video, who all have stupid smiles on their faces, holding that plastic wheel. I won't be using that!

I reckon everyone will be quietly surprised how fun it is. Yes I have already played it.

I reckon everyone will be quietly surprised how fun it is. Yes I have already played it.

Whats the control like with the wheel?

Mario Kart 64 is like_the_best_one. if only because it's the one all my friends used to own so we all know the tracks inside out.

QFT!

I don't get why 64 gets such a bad rep when compared to the others. I'll always miss the coins of the Snes version but I think overall 64 is by far the best. But yeah we spent an entire summer playing mario kart all day every day so it might just be nostalgia kicking in. It's always the one I dig out still now though for a multiplayer bash.

Whats the control like with the wheel?

Lol sorry I was joking it's just that I said 'everyone will be quietly surprised' as though i had played the game, so I pretended I did.

I'll go.

the whole motorcycle thing may be deleted if you ask me. i hate it! its Mario "KART" not Mario "BIKE" it just doesn't fit the game.. and than there are tricks? WTF? TRICKS? are we playing snow board kids now? Come on Nintendo did you lose your inspiration?

No i am not looking forward to it up to now.

My major gripe is that there is little to no sense of speed. 200cc or make it faster. I don't care about bikes or tricks really.

Brilliant Serebii!! Super paper Mario is so underrated!!!

I can't believe Mario Kart is out NEXT month! God I hope it's good!!!

haha! Seribii you sure outdone yourself there! kudos! :bowdown:

Plus I love the whole bike idea! Its so refreshing, its a good add. It is nice to get something new every once in a while. If they didn't all they would be doing is adding characters and tracks...thats it

P.S. What does QFT mean? sorry:confused::blush: