NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Well I just got excited about playing Mario Kart online! Never really been an online gaming person, but how can this be anything but awesome?

Oh my god this game looks effing incredible!!! Please make the best god damn mario kart game yet Nintendo!! I want Wii controls to be awesome, I wants simplicity with hidden depth, I want the bikes to be awesome, I want the stunts to be good and not tacked on, I want downloadable tracks...........

DK's fur isn't so great in that render. Where has the fluffy look gone? :( The Baby Princess looks too cool- if this was like Double Dash I'd match her and Dixie Kong up, lol.

I'm decidedly unexcited about this...I don't get why because Mario Kart DS was awesome when I first go it and had numerous great races with people off here...

Two weeks after us? Well, that certainly makes up for us getting Brawl at least three months after them, doesn't it? Good old Nintendo. :indeed:

You wasn't expecting them to wait a full month are the European release were you? ;)

I mean, come on NOE, i honestly think, they think, all Europeans are thick and won't figure out these things! America deserve to wait till June 08 for this!

In preparation for Mario Kart, anyone wish to exchange friend codes?

Mine is 5009 2662 7333 3004. pm me if you add me. Thanks.

I think Wario's classic kart is the best pic of that bunch. Sorry to piss people off but where was Boo and Bowser? Ultimate enemies.

Mario's taking up the Rad and Black colour-set again.

A typo, or a terribly great pun? Either way, high five!

I reckon the reason for the staggering, if I didn't already say, it probably to suck the market for all it's got. I imagined they'd leave MK Wii til a *bit* later in america, so that people have gotten over the brawl rush and are after the next big thing(well, it wont be as big really), but I expect it's one reason for not rushing brawl off out here, what with Wii Fit and MK to temporarily satisfy us. Though, whilst this does look good, at least two of my friends'll need to get it before I do, and I'm gonna need to play it a bit too before I buy it.

Visually the game is none too impressive, but it does hold at a solid 60 FPS when running single player mode. Mario Kart Wii's visual style is far simpler than any before it (Double Dash and DS included), which fits the Mii look a bit more, but levels could stand to have more going on, and the texture work is far from incredible.

I can live with this.

...but there are some definite changes that have been made to aim Kart at the Wii audience specifically. For starters, the game does feel a bit slower, even on 150CC levels. While the actual speed may be pretty close to Double Dash and Kart DS respectively, it has more to do with a global decision to make the roads wider this time around not only for the 12 racers on-screen at once, but also (we'd assume) for the less-hardcore Wii audience.

This, I find harder to swollow. It feels... slower? Changed for the casual player? :hmm:

This, I find harder to swollow. It feels... slower? Changed for the casual player? :hmm:

Oh God... Not Double Dash slow? Now that game was fucking slow.

I think IGN always try to make a statement though, they probably couldnt find much to fault or rate the game from a short experience.

wider roads could be annoying though

speed may be pretty close to Double Dash and Kart DS respectively

That sentence makes ZERO sence; there was nothing previously "respective":wtf:

A typo, or a terribly great pun? Either way, high five!

It was a typo...I've changed it now:heh:

Sounds like IGN were expecting Gears of War graphics:heh:

...Just watched a video, and it looks fast enough to me...

Now those are some frustrating impressions. Dampened things a little for me to be honest. Probably be amazing anyway but they don't sound too impressed!!

I actually think it looks very nice indeed from those videos. I really can't see anything wrong with it at all, its not like Mario Kart has ever been about hardcore gamers, its all about the casual racing that anyone can take part in. Seems like a perfect fit to me.

Really can't wait for it.