NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

With Pay and Play round the corner, Voice could easily have been ploped in post match for P&P customers linked with Friendcodes. Surely Voice aint to difficult - MP: H did it on DS.

If they're doing friend codes, they should allow totally uncensored voice chat, cos isn't that the whole point of the gay friend codes? Either do that, or get rid of the fucking friend code for each game system, such a stupidly devised way of doing online. Really pisses me off dammit!

I don't get it.. voice comms req a headset so if mummy and daddy don't want little johnny talkin online surely they just don't buy the headset! All of us whole feel that we're mature enough to speak to people can buy the headset. simple. I guess I missed the part where nintendo were appointed my official guardians...

If you can only select a few words what was the point in even adding text chat? Well done Nintendo.

Basically just take it as though it isnt there, and if you do need it use it.

I dont care much to be honest as long as online racing runs smoothly.

Leaving chat out of it really kills the fun of online for me.

When I want to play online I'd also like to chat otherwise it's little more than playing against the AI. Especially with friends, online gaming with permanent voice chat is a lot of fun.

There's really no point to parental controls if they're not going to push them and allow content like this for the gamers who can 'handle' voice chat...

You know what, they shouldn't change anything. In fact, they should just port all the previous mario karts onto the Wii, yeah, I think that'd make everyone happy, don't you?

As in MKDS, where you can make your own symbol/emblem.

As for my choice of characters, in DD it was always between the toads, the babies, and the koopas, usually mixed between two in the green pram or green koopa car, or the bullet car.

Oh year I seen that in Mario Kart DS.

I don't get it.. voice comms req a headset so if mummy and daddy don't want little johnny talkin online surely they just don't buy the headset! All of us whole feel that we're mature enough to speak to people can buy the headset. simple. I guess I missed the part where nintendo were appointed my official guardians...

I think the problem is more other people swearing and stuff at little johnny, cos I imagine the sound would be routed through the TV's speakers or Wiimote speaker, not just through a headset?

I think the problem is more other people swearing and stuff at little johnny, cos I imagine the sound would be routed through the TV's speakers or Wiimote speaker, not just through a headset?

But surely a headset would also have headphones which is where the sound of the voices would only come from, having the voices come from the TV over the games own sounds would be a bit too much

and then if the person is not using a headset then they should not be recieving and sounds from a chat

Another good thing with voice chat could of been taunt rivals, so when you are near a person on the track you can shout things at them and then it would come out of your Wii Remote. Heh heh that would be so awesome.

But surely a headset would also have headphones which is where the sound of the voices would only come from, having the voices come from the TV over the games own sounds would be a bit too much

and then if the person is not using a headset then they should not be recieving and sounds from a chat

Yeah, but I swear I played something once on xbox live, and it was a case of me not having a headset, but I could hear some of what other people were saying routed through the speakers. Different things do it differently though, I guess.

Another good thing with voice chat could of been taunt rivals, so when you are near a person on the track you can shout things at them and then it would come out of your Wii Remote. Heh heh that would be so awesome.

That, would be brilliant! I'd love taunting my mates over a big old wifi match, would really give it a nice feel too.

I don't care about the voice chat. When I'm playing with friends it'll be on a night in situation and we'll be in the same room.

I care about Voice Chat and text chat cause I would use it and would make the experience better when playing with friends and N-Ers.

I would have really enjoyed proper text chat and voice chat. However, this game will be immensely fun and hilarious when playing locally with friends and my cousin.

I would have really enjoyed proper text chat and voice chat. However, this game will be immensely fun and hilarious when playing locally with friends and my cousin.

And even better with Skype. Now that will make things really fun when actually racing and screaming at your fellow chums :heh:

It's something like MSN but it allows you to call other peoples PCs and talk to them for free.

I laughed quite heartily when I read the chatting info. Why is it when it comes to stuff that matters they screw it up.

Skype will have to do for this game then. First to get a USB headset, my mic port is broke...

Maybe I should make a poll of what main character people will use in the game. Whats the full list so far? baby peach and mario are in along with

immenseat6.png

"Me!"

Yoshi and Mario in that order probably for me. But mostly Yoshi with the occasional Luigi cause he deserves attention.

I've always used Yoshi or Toad. In Double Dash it was either both the babies, or a mixture of them and yoshi/mario or Luigi.