NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

haha! Seribii you sure outdone yourself there! kudos! :bowdown:

Plus I love the whole bike idea! Its so refreshing, its a good add. It is nice to get something new every once in a while. If they didn't all they would be doing is adding characters and tracks...thats it

P.S. What does QFT mean? sorry:confused::blush:

I believe it's Quoted for truth, which is some internet forum slang, which i cannot stand.

People are allowed a opinion, based on previews and footage you can see if you like something or not....I agree people should hold back until they've played the game however!

I believe it's Quoted for truth, which is some internet forum slang, which i cannot stand.

Yeah it means "I agree" lol.

haha! Seribii you sure outdone yourself there! kudos! :bowdown:

Plus I love the whole bike idea! Its so refreshing, its a good add. It is nice to get something new every once in a while. If they didn't all they would be doing is adding characters and tracks...thats it

P.S. What does QFT mean? sorry:confused::blush:

Not necessarily you could change gameplay dynamics which is what I care about most tbh. I can't see how bikes make it anymore fun as you had custom vehicles in DS and some of those looked like bikes anyway. Oh and its called super mario kart so I don't care about bikes.

Has no one really understood the point of the bikes yet...? They can claim boosts on straights by poppin a wheelie apparently... so for all those players who can't pull off corner turbo's bikes add a different way to play that should help even the field... it is a new dynamic... plus you can pull stunts for what I guess are speed boosts too. Bikers will speed down straights and karters will speed round corners... each to their own style.

Not necessarily you could change gameplay dynamics which is what I care about most tbh. I can't see how bikes make it anymore fun as you had custom vehicles in DS and some of those looked like bikes anyway. Oh and its called super mario kart so I don't care about bikes.

Well in my opinion I like the bike idea. And I respect your opinion too...but its wrong! xD :heh: sorry, only joking!

Shouldn't it be an all kart race or an all bike race though? I think the bikes look crap.

Shouldn't it be an all kart race or an all bike race though? I think the bikes look crap.

I think its like this. 50cc is all karts. 100cc is all bikes and 150cc is mixed, so technically yes it is an all kart and bike race but I think its mixed in online as well. Hope I helped! :smile:

I think its like this. 50cc is all karts. 100cc is all bikes and 150cc is mixed, so technically yes it is an all kart and bike race but I think its mixed in online as well. Hope I helped! :smile:

Hmm. Seeing as 150cc is what everyone here will be using I think it's a bit annoying. You never know the bikes may turn out to be good but I thought the whole point of it being a kart game was that it was simpler.

I cannot wait. I've no idea how I'm gonna pull the money out in time, but I'll find a way. Trade in deals are the order of the day.

Online information:

With Mario Kart Wii’s launch date of 11 April fast approaching, Wii owners are gearing up for a racing experience unrivalled by any other in the kart racing series. While the game introduces a slew of new features across the board, perhaps most eagerly awaited are its online options, which take the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection action found in Mario Kart DS to a whole new level.

In Mario Kart Wii you can go online via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection by yourself or together with a friend playing on the same Wii console, and let the games begin! You can directly jump into online races with random players Worldwide, or opt for Continental if you prefer a challenge closer to home.

Wii_MK_UKV_4c_SCR_039.jpg

Then you will be placed in a new group of people looking for a match, or you will join an existing group. When the latter happens you will become a spectator of that group’s race currently in progress, as you wait for your turn to hit the track. With up to 12 players being able to battle or race on the circuits of the Mushroom Kingdom simultaneously, Mario Kart Wii is set to provide the biggest challenge in the series to date!

After swapping Friend Codes with other players, you will also be able to see how many of your mates are online, and choose to Create a Room or select Join Friend to gather in a room with your friends before you start your engines.

Wii_MK_UKV_4c_SCR_045.jpg

Once inside a room, the globe familiar from the Forecast Channel will highlight the location of all players present. This is where you can text chat with your friends by making a selection from dozens of predefined messages, letting you suggest exactly which kind of race you want to play: from Battle to Grand Prix, and from Team play to your circuit of choice. The Host then decides the race settings, but the track selection is based on the votes of all players combined.

Mario Kart Wii also allows you to install the Mario Kart Channel on your Wii console. This Channel lets you check up on a host of options without the need of inserting the Mario Kart Wii disc into your system.

Wii_MK_UKV_4c_SCR_051.jpg

The Ranking option lets you see your statistics for each track and compare your results to those of your Friends and other players worldwide, represented by their Miis. You’ll have the option of racing against the Ghosts of the best players, or improving your results gradually by taking on the Ghosts of rivals whose times are only slightly better than yours. Players can choose whether they want to share their Time Trial Ghosts with the rest of the world, allowing you to match your skills against the cream of the crop whenever you want.

Another all-new feature of this Channel are the Competitions, where Nintendo will on a regular basis invite players to speedy challenges similar to the Missions of Mario Kart DS. The Channel also allows you to check your ranking in running Competitions as well as Time Trials. You can also go here to register Friends and see if any of them are currently online.

There’s much more Mario Kart Wii to come, so stay tuned to the site for further updates!

Looks like they really thought about online for MK. I think it prefect ( not bothered about the lack of voice chat ).

No word on emblems making a return yet?

Sounds amazing.

Worldwide races.

Downloading other peoples ghosts.

Rankings.

Cant wait

This game is going to eat up so much of my spare time that I don't really have. I'm going to get fat sat on my bed playing this all time. Good job Wii Fit comes out at the same time :)

Hmm. Seeing as 150cc is what everyone here will be using I think it's a bit annoying. You never know the bikes may turn out to be good but I thought the whole point of it being a kart game was that it was simpler.

Just think of them as alternate karts then

Looks like they really thought about online for MK. I think it prefect ( not bothered about the lack of voice chat ).

No word on emblems making a return yet?

Tbh, if they were gonna do it, I imagine instead they'd do something like importing a picture off an SD card, but of course, they won't. I'd like it if they DID do an emblem type thing anyway regardless, I just don't see it happening for some reason, dunno.

Offtopicontopic, throwing my vote in for MK64, DD was all right, but I just wasn't feeling it compared to 64. 64 brought us the unbelievably simple, yet incredibly fun Block Fort. Plus double decker and skyscraper were pretty damn good too!

I well play with the Bikes aswell as the Karts.

...you will have to. That is the point. Do you ever reply with more than one line of text? *is tired, therefore grumpy*

does anyone know if you have a choice where your MKchannel can be kept? Can you choose to keep this in game, or is it always homed on my alreay heaving Wii Menu?

does anyone know if you have a choice where your MKchannel can be kept? Can you choose to keep this in game, or is it always homed on my alreay heaving Wii Menu?

Mario Kart Wii also allows you to install the Mario Kart Channel on your Wii console.

That suggests that it's optional.

All I need to hear now is to see if you can meet up with a friend online then search for more racers. It can be easily done and also you can spectate your friends matches then join in, so they just need to cut out the middle man.

Actually that online service looks fine. What's the American date on this again?

So far it's looking like the 27th of April for them.

Two weeks after us? Well, that certainly makes up for us getting Brawl at least three months after them, doesn't it? Good old Nintendo. :indeed: