NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I can't remember if this has been said, but will the WiFi aspect be worldwide, or region limited? Looking at some of the screenshots, it seems that it may be worldwide.

Love the inclusion of Mii's.

I got the impression it was worldwide. Better be anyway since Brawl is. Weak if it wasn't.

Gameplay have just recently added this for preorder and they have it down as 25th April. I also checked Play.com and they have it down as this aswell. I wonder if they know something we dont.....

Brawl better be out before this. No way can Nintendo think that this will compensate for it.

Gameplay have just recently added this for preorder and they have it down as 25th April. I also checked Play.com and they have it down as this aswell. I wonder if they know something we dont.....

Interesting. I think we will get this in April, personally.

Behold. When I race you fellow gamers. Remeber my Miis face. Remember and when you think of it. Cry...

To be honest I really don't mind too much if this game came before Brawl. I usually spend quite a lot of time on MK games and so the absence of Brawl would't be that bad. Not saying that I prefer it to Brawl but MK is different and also exceptional.

Especially that playable ghost character.

I was saying yesterday that from the few screens this was looking good (the new Moo Moo Farm level where the hills rolled on and on into the background) and it still looks great today. But what is up with DK? Is that the same DK from DK 64? He looks badly outta place and not just because he's on a motorbike.

A website in the Netherlands just received an email from on of the largest distributors in de Benelux. But there eye felt for some amazing info. according to the distributor Mario kart for the Wii will be released in Europe on 11 April 2008 for the price of €49,99 and that the game will include the Wii wheel.

this picture was send by the distributor:

72817.jpg

and if you look closely you see that the left corner is cut out to protect the distributor.

It's a nice thought if we did actually get this in April! (It's so doubtful though). :blank:

The artwork makes me suspicious, but I want to believe the April 11th release :P

Is that new art? Seeing Pacman instantly makes me think of the Mario Kart arcade game. Kinda reminds of an F-Zero type Big Blue level the way they are coming out over the ocean, pretty nice.

Regardless, if the game is released so soon it would be magic.

That picture comes up three times on the first page of google image search for Mario Kart Arcade... seems a lot like a quick photoshop to me.

edit: more photoshop evidence: Bowser is poorly cut out. Note that all the characters had to be cut out to change the background brightness/contrast.

shame i never got to play arcade GP. it looked good. this will be better though.

So is it fake I hope not it be good if we get it then and April 11th is a Friday so it could be.