NEurope

Didn't we get it for £18 on release? That was also a crazy good deal.
Indeed we did and indeed it was. :grin:

As for the nuts comment... *looks at Mr. T in your sig*
Don't you go and make Mr.T mad now. :nono:

Great news about a possible sequel, and I'm definitely thinking of picking this up if it's only £12. When I rented it I reached the end, but there was still a lot of other things I wanted to have a go at unlocking.

Rumour has it the original has sold around 700,000 worldwide... that's absolutely crazy for a game that's both single platform AND original license.

Damn! Does ASDA ship to europe?
It's only £12 in store.

If your interested in it at £17, it's been £17.99 on play.com for ages! so I'd get it from there.

picked this up earlier- thanks tellyn. A cracking little game, and at £12 an absolute bargain.

picked this up earlier- thanks tellyn. A cracking little game, and at £12 an absolute bargain.

Good man! Another has joined us in the fight to keep quirky titles coming to the Wii.

All this talk of de Blob recently has got me wanting another copy. Didn't finish it last year because I just got a little bored but then I had other things to be playing through so it didn't get my full attention. Have a few games on the go at the moment so perhaps it's not the best time to get it again although I'm sure I'll be finished a few of the ones I have now pretty swiftly.

Picked this up last night/this morning from ASDA for £12. Last copy aswell. At first I stared at it then decided not to get it since I had so much to play and I really shouldn't buy more. After looking at some DVDs and some more staring later, I decided what the hell, the N-Ers said it was good game. I've yet to play it but i'm expecting good things from it!

Also picked this up over the weekend, thanks to Tellyn's tip.

I love it. It's the best 'quirky' title on Wii by far. Spent 3 hours on it allready, and I'm up to world 3. Think I'll be coming back to it a lot to try and do the challanges, just like Wario Land has me coming back now and again.

I picked this up for Eenuh's birthday, and I've watched her playing it today. It's absolutely fucking awesome, and I'm definitely going to pick it up at some point when I'm home.

There's just so many little touches to make this game special. For a start, I love how they blend in the music with the gameplay. The more colourful the world, the bouncier the music is. Also, every time you paint something, the sound effect kinda adds to the background music.

Definitely recommend it. This is the type of game that I bought the Wii for. :)

I picked this up for Eenuh's birthday, and I've watched her playing it today. It's absolutely fucking awesome, and I'm definitely going to pick it up at some point when I'm home.

There's just so many little touches to make this game special. For a start, I love how they blend in the music with the gameplay. The more colourful the world, the bouncier the music is. Also, every time you paint something, the sound effect kinda adds to the background music.

Definitely recommend it. This is the type of game that I bought the Wii for. :)

He's one of us now :)

Im glad you love it, Flinky! It really is one of the best games on the Wii IMO.

Actually I am one of you guys now, as he bought the game for me. =P

But yeah, it's a fun game so far! Haven't played much yet, but so far I've been enjoying it. Love mixing colours and just bumping into things. The sound effects you get then are great! And I really like colouring those pore Graydians to make them happy again, haha!

Good game so far, and I think Flinky is definitely going to get it as well at some point. =D

I've nearly completed this, i've thoroughly enjoyed it. My only gripe is in parts of later levels the shake-to-jump mechanic becomes a chore, but ultimately doesn't detract from the fun too much.

I've not gone back to earlier levels to check, does the game save your painted town? I'm guessing not due to the 512mb flash restraints, but that'd be a great inclusion for De Blob 2.

Actually I am one of you guys now, as he bought the game for me. =P

But yeah, it's a fun game so far! Haven't played much yet, but so far I've been enjoying it. Love mixing colours and just bumping into things. The sound effects you get then are great! And I really like colouring those pore Graydians to make them happy again, haha!

Good game so far, and I think Flinky is definitely going to get it as well at some point. =D

Haha, yes, it's the Eeenoo's game, so thank her, haha.

Also, it was funny seeing you suck with teh jumping, until some devil told you to just change the camera angle. At last, I have found your gaming weakness!

Haha, yes, it's the Eeenoo's game, so thank her, haha.

Also, it was funny seeing you suck with teh jumping, until some devil told you to just change the camera angle. At last, I have found your gaming weakness!

But the jumping is weirdddd! I don't really understand how it works yet. And I figured out the camera stuff myself, you just said to "watch where his eyes are pointing before jumping", which is not exactly the same. =P

But the jumping is weirdddd! I don't really understand how it works yet. And I figured out the camera stuff myself, you just said to "watch where his eyes are pointing before jumping", which is not exactly the same. =P

But, then I said "turn de camera! turn eet!"

Which came directly after what I previously said. In short: You Lose.

My only gripe is in parts of later levels the shake-to-jump mechanic becomes a chore, but ultimately doesn't detract from the fun too much.

What motion are you doing to jump? I think the game tells you to flick down the way, doesn't it? Well, I found that it works just as well if you flick up to jump (and it feels more natural to me) then do a downward swat to stomp the baddies.

This sold better than I expected.

THQ's unique paint-splattering Wii game de Blob has sold over 700K units worldwide, CEO Brian Farrell said on Tuesday during the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference in San Francisco.

Even in a wretched retail environment, the game has been able to hold its original $49.99 price point after about five months of availability. “We can make money on games like that," Farrell said.

Farrell described a "three-prong" Wii strategy that includes the publishing of high production value, "Nintendo-esque" games like de Blob, value titles like Big Beach Sports, which has sold over 1.3 million units, and licensed titles such as those found in the publisher's Nickelodeon portfolio.

The exec also hinted at an upcoming unannounced Wii game that is "very focused ... niche" but nonetheless expected to do well on the platform.

"The competition on the Wii right now is from Nintendo. That's what we've got to attack," he added. "The people who buy Nintendo games, [we want to] get them to buy things like de Blob."

As for the upcoming release of the Nintendo DSi handheld, Farrell said THQ would be migrating its "biggest brands" to the platform, adding that there will be new gameplay opportunities thanks to the DSi's new features.

Great sales...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/11815

THQ has reported strong success with the well-received Wii-exclusive de Blob, Big Beach Sports and licensed titles.

Company CEO Brian Farrell revealed last week that the unique de Blob has sold over 700k units worldwide, and even during troubled economic times has managed to retain its original $49.99 price point after 5 months on the market. Farrell discussed a "three prong" strategy for approaching the Wii - including "high production" games like de Blob; value titles for example Beach Sports, and finally licensed products.

There was also hints of an unannounced Wii title that's "very focused?niche", but is expected to do well. The main competition THQ feel is Nintendo themselves: "The people, who buy Nintendo games, [we want to] get them to buy things like de Blob."

On the portable front THQ is looking to bring key franchises to the DSi/DS.

Great sales...

Quote:

http://www.cubed3.com/news/11815

THQ has reported strong success with the well-received Wii-exclusive de Blob, Big Beach Sports and licensed titles.

Company CEO Brian Farrell revealed last week that the unique de Blob has sold over 700k units worldwide, and even during troubled economic times has managed to retain its original $49.99 price point after 5 months on the market. Farrell discussed a "three prong" strategy for approaching the Wii - including "high production" games like de Blob; value titles for example Beach Sports, and finally licensed products.

There was also hints of an unannounced Wii title that's "very focused?niche", but is expected to do well. The main competition THQ feel is Nintendo themselves: "The people, who buy Nintendo games, [we want to] get them to buy things like de Blob."

On the portable front THQ is looking to bring key franchises to the DSi/DS.

I got this today as well and ended up playing for over an hour! I love it, although I'm yet to get to grips fully with the controls. It's a great game, I'm not sure if I prefer it to boom blox as I really enjoyed that, but I can see myself playing it right through to the end which is a rare thing for me.

With regrads to sales - I had a look on vgchartz.com today and was really pleased to see how well this has sold. Same with Boom Blox, both should easily surpass 1 million by the summer which will be great. House of the Dead: Overkill is selling really well in it's first few weeks and No More Heroes is apporoaching 500,000, which again I think is a fairly good acheivement. Okami has surpassed 200,000 sales, when despite a strong start the PS2 version only managed 150,000. Again great news as the title had no marketing what so ever.

I think the amount of 'install bases' the Wii has now is going to do wonders for sales. With nearly 50m Wii consoles in peoples homes now there's no reason why decent 3rd party games made specifically for the system, with a good amount of effort can reach the magic million mark (backed by a decent advertising campaign of course). Hopefully we'll see more games like De Blob and HotD:OK on Wii in the future.

Thats good news. I absolutely loved De Blob. I've mentioned that had a problem jump, and it would've been great to save your City's colour.