Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I know right :(

Well, if it ever got to that stage, I basically would just tell her parents I wanted to marry her and see what happened from there. We've discussed how frustrating it is before and it's basically led her to tears and she's given the whole 'I can't live without you' speech, and she's always made it clear how much I mean to her so we'll see. It's a shame though, life is complicated.

Has flinky told his parents about you then? I mean are they like those proper strict muslims or are they, as I assume, quite laid back about it?

I think his parents know about me (well Jim does come over here quite often heh), but not sure how much they know. I've never met them and am actually not allowed in the house (reason I haven't been there yet). Apart from that I have no idea how strict they are, but it's not really stopping us or scaring me or whatever heh.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Family is incredibly important to her though, and religion as well. I guess it's an asian thing, like Family is the most important thing. It's weird. In that same way, it's hard for me to do something against my mums wishes as it's just me and her and she's worked miracles to get me to where I am. Its the whole 'can't let them down thing'.

Eugh religion. What is it doing to us.

I think you should talk to her about it. If she thinks family is important and so she can't marry you because her family or your family doesn't approve, then ask her what she thinks you two should do. Or stay together and have a family (if that's what you want) and don't get married.

Oh god I've been in that situation before! Erm, I dunno basically I just waited for her to do something but dropped a few hints until she did...I'm assuming you want something to happen then? Man what a great position to be in : peace:

I was talking to someone else (a girl) and she also suggested just dropping hints until she does something...

What sort of hints should I be dropping? :heh:

The classic laughing at anything she says? Compliments? Touching her arm when I speak... Those are all the things I look out for girls doing to me!

The classic laughing at anything she says? Compliments? Touching her arm when I speak... Those are all the things I look out for girls doing to me!

This girl I have been really good friends with, was doing all those things today. Does that mean she was flirting?

This girl I have been really good friends with, was doing all those things today. Does that mean she was flirting?

They're called indicators of interest. Apparently it means she is interested in you but if you're really good friends it could also just mean that she's comfortable around you.

Another good one is when they copy what you're doing subconsciously. For example if you cross your arms, if she does the same soon afterwards its a sign that she's interested.

Before she got really angry because she said I was flirting with her but I didn't want anything, so she was complaining I was leading her on, even though I didn't even know any of us were flirting. I wouldn't think she would be doing it again after last time, but she's become like 10 times more "comfortable" than usual today.

I think his parents know about me (well Jim does come over here quite often heh), but not sure how much they know. I've never met them and am actually not allowed in the house (reason I haven't been there yet). Apart from that I have no idea how strict they are, but it's not really stopping us or scaring me or whatever heh.

Oh right. Well that's not bad than, I mean if he comes over a lot to see you then yeah :heh: Can't exactly be against it can they! That's good, i'm glad you two are going well.

I think you should talk to her about it. If she thinks family is important and so she can't marry you because her family or your family doesn't approve, then ask her what she thinks you two should do. Or stay together and have a family (if that's what you want) and don't get married.

yeah like I said we'll just see where we are in a few years time. If I can't marry her though then that's it, it'll be over.

I was talking to someone else (a girl) and she also suggested just dropping hints until she does something...

What sort of hints should I be dropping? :heh:

Haha! Well, when I was trying to get my lady friend a while back to fuck me, she came over and we sat down and watched a couple of films. I can't remember what happened but I rememebr there was a bit of flirting and eventually I just put my hand on hers and acted like nothing had happened (like I didn't try and kiss her, I didnt say anything, just put my hand on hers). She knew I wanted something but it was firmly up to her.

Man, that was a good sesh.

Is it bad to find black women unattractive?

Maybe unattractive is the wrong way at looking it actually, just... non-attractive.

I wouldn't say. It's a personal preference, not racism, and neither is it something you control.

Why do you have to get married anyway?

I'm curious about this as well. I mean, I completely understand getting married is a great sign of love, but you could still live a perfectly happy life with the woman you love without being married. Still, it sounds like getting married is really important to you?

Haha! Well, when I was trying to get my lady friend a while back to fuck me, she came over and we sat down and watched a couple of films. I can't remember what happened but I rememebr there was a bit of flirting and eventually I just put my hand on hers and acted like nothing had happened (like I didn't try and kiss her, I didnt say anything, just put my hand on hers). She knew I wanted something but it was firmly up to her.

Man, that was a good sesh.

Ha, that's EXACTLY what I did last year.

Goron, you know you have to run away.

So my ex-girlfriend is coming round to mine tomorrow to watch rubbish on TV for the evening. This is exactly how we got together last year. We're still good friends after breaking up in January.

I do still like her and don't know what to do tomorrow...

1) Nothing

2) Wait for her to do something, knowing that she could be waiting for me to do something

3) Man up and just address the problem face on by asking her/making a move.

She came round during the exams to study and we ended up watching TV on the sofa together but I didn't try anything, I thought she seemed interested though. That was a month ago though and since then she's gone out with someone and then broken up with him...

You need alcohol. Use it as a fail safe if she doesn't feel the same way.

great minds eh!

GOOD LUCK :wink:

Goron, you know you have to run away.

You need alcohol. Use it as a fail safe if she doesn't feel the same way.

That's also part of my plan but I think she'll probably be driving...

Does anybody else get a strange feeling after having sex? Like you're on a downer and you just want to leave/get away from the girl? Or is it just me?

I don't know, who've you been shagging, Susan Boyle?

/jk

Yes, I used to get that all the time. Actually, most animals have that reaction.

Does anybody else get a strange feeling after having sex? Like you're on a downer and you just want to leave/get away from the girl? Or is it just me?

Yep, same as having a chug. If you're ever tempted to text a girl and think you may regret it; have a chug and then it'll be the last thing on your mind.

do you mean from general one night stands, or after having sex with your partner?

One night stands, yes... once the sex is over it's literally a case of boxers on turn over good night, wake up at 7am, clothes on and out of the place or if i've brought the girl back to my place, wake them up, tell them some story that i need them out soon as i'm going away or something and drop them to the bus stop.

that was back in the day.

however now with my girlfriend who i've moved in with. no not at all.

do you mean from general one night stands, or after having sex with your partner?

One night stands, yes... once the sex is over it's literally a case of boxers on turn over good night, wake up at 7am, clothes on and out of the place or if i've brought the girl back to my place, wake them up, tell them some story that i need them out soon as i'm going away or something and drop them to the bus stop.

that was back in the day.

however now with my girlfriend who i've moved in with. no not at all.

Well from a no strings attached but it's the sort of the same.