Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's this guy that used to work at my work. I've always really really really liked him, and we get on super well - he genuinely seems interested in what I have to say, which is refreshing. Recently he went to Australia, and came back a few weeks ago. Now there's no vacancies at my work, so he's had to find another job (a bar job he hated, and quit today).

I went around to his new flat today, for dinner. Just me (which I thought was a bit weird). He's been a bit depressed because he had a thing with another girl from my work before he went travelling. She is in a long term relationship with her boyfriend of 4 years (whom I've met once), and obviously its hard for her to deal with it, because she was effectively swept off her feet by him, and can't just dump her boyfriend. She's done nothing about the situation, and now my friend is back from Australia, he feels in the middle of their relationship and feels like he fucked and ran (my input, to quote Liz Phair). BASICALLY, he's feeling a bit down.

And when talking to him, I realised that I've never before felt the way I feel about him. I just really really really like him. Not even in a sexual way (although I must admit I wouldn't hesitate to bed him), I just feel like there's an inexplicable bond. I would call it love, but that seems cliche, and I don't think it's anything close to love. I just wanted to grab him and cuddle him when he was all down.

And for some reason it feels like it isn't going to last. When he went away to Australia, although he had talked about it ever since I met him, it felt like he just disappeared one day. Then it was really surprising when he came back. And I now get the feeling that he's going to disappear again. For some inexplicable reason. And then when I remind myself that he'll always be somewhere - contactable - it's like I've found relief next to me. And then I think how weird it is that I care so much about him, and his whereabouts. And then I wonder why there's so few other people in the world that I care about so much. If anyone in my year at school (apart from Paj) just went away, I wouldn't really care - I'd be concerned for the moment, then forget. I think me and Paj have something special - I feel I can be myself, and it feels like he'll always listen.

But the thing that puzzles me is that I don't know why I like him so much. Why I don't want him to go away. And why it surprised me when he came back - even though I knew he was going to come back.

And I don't understand why he chooses to spend time with me, when I'm 5 years younger than him. When he knows I'm gay, and he's straight. And I've not got really anything that interesting to say.

And he cooked a meal from scratch for me (steak and roast potatoes), and had specifically bought Nutella (my favourite thing) to put on my toast I had afterwards. It was the cutest thing.

Just pouring out my thoughts, because I've never talked to anyone about him before.

tl;dr properly, but my fave bits;

fucked and ran (my input, to quote Liz Phair).
relief next to me.
If anyone in my year at school (apart from Paj) just went away, I wouldn't really care - I'd be concerned for the moment, then forget. I think me and Paj have something special - I feel I can be myself, and it feels like he'll always listen.
And I've not got really anything that interesting to say.

Is that person in the facebook pics with the big forehead and no hair?

There's this guy that used to work at my work. I've always really really really liked him, and we get on super well - he genuinely seems interested in what I have to say, which is refreshing. Recently he went to Australia, and came back a few weeks ago. Now there's no vacancies at my work, so he's had to find another job (a bar job he hated, and quit today).

I went around to his new flat today, for dinner. Just me (which I thought was a bit weird). He's been a bit depressed because he had a thing with another girl from my work before he went travelling. She is in a long term relationship with her boyfriend of 4 years (whom I've met once), and obviously its hard for her to deal with it, because she was effectively swept off her feet by him, and can't just dump her boyfriend. She's done nothing about the situation, and now my friend is back from Australia, he feels in the middle of their relationship and feels like he fucked and ran (my input, to quote Liz Phair). BASICALLY, he's feeling a bit down.

And when talking to him, I realised that I've never before felt the way I feel about him. I just really really really like him. Not even in a sexual way (although I must admit I wouldn't hesitate to bed him), I just feel like there's an inexplicable bond. I would call it love, but that seems cliche, and I don't think it's anything close to love. I just wanted to grab him and cuddle him when he was all down.

And for some reason it feels like it isn't going to last. When he went away to Australia, although he had talked about it ever since I met him, it felt like he just disappeared one day. Then it was really surprising when he came back. And I now get the feeling that he's going to disappear again. For some inexplicable reason. And then when I remind myself that he'll always be somewhere - contactable - it's like I've found relief next to me. And then I think how weird it is that I care so much about him, and his whereabouts. And then I wonder why there's so few other people in the world that I care about so much. If anyone in my year at school (apart from Paj) just went away, I wouldn't really care - I'd be concerned for the moment, then forget. I think me and Paj have something special - I feel I can be myself, and it feels like he'll always listen.

But the thing that puzzles me is that I don't know why I like him so much. Why I don't want him to go away. And why it surprised me when he came back - even though I knew he was going to come back.

And I don't understand why he chooses to spend time with me, when I'm 5 years younger than him. When he knows I'm gay, and he's straight. And I've not got really anything that interesting to say.

And he cooked a meal from scratch for me (steak and roast potatoes), and had specifically bought Nutella (my favourite thing) to put on my toast I had afterwards. It was the cutest thing.

Just pouring out my thoughts, because I've never talked to anyone about him before.

I had a bit of the same realisation recently with my best friend. (Although the thought of "bedding" has never crossed my mind.) He's the only person I ever worry about annoying, which never happens because I'm a selfish git. In fact half the time he drives me up the fucking wall and if you ask anyone who knows me, they'd know I don't have the patience for that sort of crap. We have nothing in common either, which is strange.

He's finishing university this year, then leaving to live in America. I can't really imagine what it is going to be like without him. It definitely makes me appreciate more when we hang out now.

That feeling of it not going to last is probably spot on, because relationships are fluid. People and circumstances change, it sucks half the time but if you appreciate that idea then it'll make you appreciate the moment more.

*Rousing orchestral soundtrack*

*fade to silence*

Chairdriver. Few things. "Relief next to me". Kudos. Second. I've not really experienced anything like that but while its good now try not to obsess too much about it I'd say. Just enjoy the here and now. Sounds like a really nice friendship :)

Daft. One thing. That was quick music :heh:

I had a bit of the same realisation recently with my best friend. (Although the thought of "bedding" has never crossed my mind.) He's the only person I ever worry about annoying, which never happens because I'm a selfish git. In fact half the time he drives me up the fucking wall and if you ask anyone who knows me, they'd know I don't have the patience for that sort of crap. We have nothing in common either, which is strange.

He's finishing university this year, then leaving to live in America. I can't really imagine what it is going to be like without him. It definitely makes me appreciate more when we hang out now.

That feeling of it not going to last is probably spot on, because relationships are fluid. People and circumstances change, it sucks half the time but if you appreciate that idea then it'll make you appreciate the moment more.

*Rousing orchestral soundtrack*

*fade to silence*

I had a feeling like this today, whilst sat in Sociology writing out endless amounts of notes. I remembered walking down the coridoor and high-fiving what I realised at that moment was probably the best friend I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, and I'm unsure why I've only just realised it.

I'm never comfortable when I'm in a situation with just one other person, even if they're a really close friend. I find it hard to make conversation, and I feel awkward constantly. Usually, I'll put off going out with just one other person, because of this. I know that probably sounds really odd, but I've just always felt like that. But, I realised she's the only person I don't feel like that with. We were sat there 5th period, and I don't think we stopped talking about anything and everything for the entire hour, and it just felt so fluid...so comfortable.

When she goes off to Cambridge in Septemeber, and I got to Sheffield and actually can't fathom life without her. It'll be like, the only person I'm truly comfortable being myself around, will have gone. *Hold me*. But that's what I hate. The fact I've literally only just realised how much I love her (In a truly friendship only way. Bedding her would be like bedding my mother) and that we only have a short amount of time left.

(This probably has nothing to do with previous posts...but it's late and it triggered that in my mind).

Edited by Slaggis

When she goes off to Cambridge in Septemeber, and I got to Sheffield and actually can't fathom life without her. It'll be like, the only person I'm truly comfortable being myself around, will have gone. *Hold me*. But that's what I hate. The fact I've literally only just realised how much I love her (In a truly friendship only way. Bedding her would be like bedding my mother) and that we only have a short amount of time left.

Abandoning us, the bastards! :heh:

I'm not sure why I get on with my friend so well. We shouldn't work but we do. :D

Bedding her would be like bedding my mother.

Haha!! :D

X = win!

X = WIN WIN!!

X = meh.....

Maybe its because you're gay that he's able to be so open and friendly to you? Not to stereotype, but homosexuals usually understand the opposite sex better, so maybe he feels he can talk to you more about girls?

I dunno. Unless you have any reason to believe he is in the closet, i would try to control your feelings as you'll end up getting hurt.

Maybe its because you're gay that he's able to be so open and friendly to you? Not to stereotype, but homosexuals usually understand the opposite sex better, so maybe he feels he can talk to you more about girls?

I dunno. Unless you have any reason to believe he is in the closet, i would try to control your feelings as you'll end up getting hurt.

yeeea ~ maybe you've just found yourself a really really close friend :smile:

*gasp!* wait! does this mean that gay guys can be FRIENDS with straight guys without lusting after them??! next you'll be telling me that girls can be friends with boys! lulz, etc.

no but really... its super nice that your straight friend doesnt just auto-assume you're after him (even tho you kinda are :heh: hehe)

parallel dimension? maybe just a time machine.

my nana once told me that when she was my age, "there were no gay people".

i set her straight.

pun unintentional.

incidentally i have a broken time machine for sale if anyone wants it. doesnt go backwards anymore; only forwards in regular time.

parallel dimension? maybe just a time machine.

my nana once told me that when she was my age, "there were no gay people".

i set her straight.

Hahaha, ahh, old people, they always think their age makes them wise or some shit, but that has nothing to do with it

Not if you have homosexual women. They can already fertilise and reproduce without us. Men will one day be obsolete. Women will rebel, refuse to give birth to our children, then only have girls implanted in their wombs when we're gone! It's the end of the male world!

I love the hypocrisy of some lezs', they shout how they don't need the cock, yet you see two of them using double sided dildos shaped coincidentally like cock.

Daily update for anyone who cares:

Have changed my mind once again. Am now realizing that, apart from the fact that girl 1 kissed me and messed me up for awhile, it's actually girl 2 that I like more. Need to go buy something for the birthday girl before Saturday, so may use that to try and get girl 2 on a semi-"date" up to the shopping centre and casually suggest a movie also.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!