NEurope
McPhee

Too Human

I'm sure this should be funny. Instead I just feel disappointed. Ah well.

*Cue closing credits music to the Hulk TV show as I walk away*

10 years.

I cancelled my pre order last night.

Aaaah, I remember the teaser for the Gamecube version in 2000. :D

And before that it was a PS1 title.

I can see why Nintendo dropped SK... they're useless and headed by a complete fucking moron.

And before that it was a PS1 title.

I can see why Nintendo dropped SK... they're useless and headed by a complete fucking moron.

Yup! Filing lawsuits against Epic and attacking internet messageboards.

From his OXM interview:

I think we took for granted how innovative the game was. First of all, the demo got a tremendous amount of attention. We've had over a million downloads, the reception has been by and large extremely positive.

But what we're also seeing is for the people who don't like it, generally just don't get it. And it's because we've created something so innovative and different. It's ironic, it just shows that human nature of if you don't understand something, you immediately attack it. It's pretty interesting in that regard.

Or you know, its a generic hack and slash that has the attacks in different places coupled with a boring, generic story and unnecessary frustrating gameplay.

Nice one Dyack.

10 years.

I cancelled my pre order last night.

Im still trying to decide what to do with my pre order.

I haven't played the game but I feel that much of the bad rep it gets comes from Dyack's large public exposure.

I haven't played the game but I feel that much of the bad rep it gets comes from Dyack's large public exposure.

Nah, the demo is pretty rubbish. They spent all this time to come up with the worst combat system they could think of.

Yeah, I think this is the 360's Haze. Big exclusive with promising mechanics that ultimately didn't turn out as good as it could have been.

Haha reading the IGN review posted on page two...

Too Human is about as straightforward as they come. The game is comprised of four stages, apparently designed by a civil engineer who specializes in highways.

hehe

How did they go from the sublime Eternal Darkness to something so terrible (from review scores at least) in comparison? And aren't they planning another two of these games? dear fucking god I hope they just give up now and focus on what they always should have...

A sequel to Eternal Darkness. :indeed:

How did they go from the sublime Eternal Darkness to something so terrible (from review scores at least) in comparison? And aren't they planning another two of these games? dear fucking god I hope they just give up now and focus on what they always should have...

A sequel to Eternal Darkness. :indeed:

Answer = no nintendo involvment with this one.

Answer = no nintendo involvment with this one.

Yea, I'm fairly sure that Nintendo own the sanity system.

What I mean is, they have effectively "wasted" their time making this which seems to have turned out "meh" according to reviews when they could have been making the game that everyone wanted them to make in the first place, a sequel to Eternal Darkness... :blank:

And this is supposed to be the first in a trilogy!

I imagine this was an expensive game to produce, especially being 10 years in the making!

The Too Human series may have to drop the 360 exclusivity if it's to make its money. That or just can the series!

I cancelled my preorder this morning. I have a feeling this game will go in the bargain bins very quickly and when that happens I will pick it up.

Yeah, I just checked out the GT review and it looks like Too Human has turned out to be fairly cack. Disappointing, ten years in development and I (like everyone else) was expecting it to be a classic. Remember it was meant to be a Gamecube game!

such high hopes! bah!

fuck it, then. There are simply too many games that look far, far better than this coming out in a few months. There's really no reason to invest in this now. Clearly, they're heading for a flop, the sequels will be canned and in all likelyhood the studio is going to be up shit creek.

I only just found out about the bad reviews for this game a few mins ago.

Damn I'm in shock.... they had been planning this game for 10 years, originally on the PS1. It was meant to be so big it would be on 4 discs. It was then moved to the Gamecube and they still couldn't finish it in that generation.

It's dev time has spanned 3 consoles, one in each generation and one on each company.

All the while we were made believe to expect something epic.

What the hell happened?

This game was meant to be triple A. and a major franchise.

Damn... i'm no longer sure i'd want to see an Eternal Darkness 2 anymore now... unless Nintendo helped with the development :heh: