Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

flameboy

I thought it was one of the best games I've ever played...

There were quite a lot of different ways in which to kill people, and it was the different scenarios that you were put in that provided the variation.

Oh yeh definitely, Im just saying a lot of the action was based around shooting and knifing hordes of enemies, which I find loses its appeal after a certain amount of time.

But I agree it is still one of the best games I have played.

I agree with bard, this game rocks. Its actually my fav game ever made :D (completed about 10 times, and about 5 of em were on pro mode, which imo was the best mode in any game ever).

ARGH can't wait to get my hands on this.

From what i did play it was easily one of the best, if not the best Gamecube games. :D

I really like Wind Waker for some unknown reason. Maybe it is the style, the breakaway from the Zelda norm. I'd even say I enjoyed it more than Twilight Princess despite TP being the superior game.

As for Resi 4, I beat the game once but never owned it so I'm going to buy this and try and play through on a higher difficulty.

Exactly what extra content is in this compared to the GC edition?

What is pro mode? Just a harder setting?

I still don't know whether or not I want this game, have it on the Cube. I really enjoyed it though and could easily play through it again.... Don't know, maybe if I see it as a bargain! Or sell the cube version for roughly the same price as the Wii version brand new (are they still selling well?)

Nah, I agree with Hellfire. As soon as you give a game a score, you instantly give it something to compare to other games. I mean, for example, it got a 6/10. So, what if you drew a list of other racers that also got the same score, or better? Like we all complained that Nintendogs got 40/40 from Famitsu. Does that mean Nintendogs is a better game, than say, Twilight Princess? Obviously you can't compare the two anyway, as like Hellfire said, they're two different types of games. But, you always run that risk of comparing one game to something else, or the audience doing it once you've slapped a score on it.

The text is important, and I think they should spend more time writing an indepth review, with good and bad points, and less times on the score. Actually, better still, throw out the idea of a score and just have a "final say." Like we do for the VC Weekly reviews. It's much, much better that way.

This is why I want to have your babies.

I really like Wind Waker for some unknown reason. Maybe it is the style, the breakaway from the Zelda norm. I'd even say I enjoyed it more than Twilight Princess despite TP being the superior game.

Me too. Overall I was a bit dissapointed by TP, there wasn't that sense of discovery that WW had in sailing to these different island and discovering all the secrets therein and completing the side-quests. With TP all the sidequests were really was finding bugs and holes in the ground, just couldn't be bothered in the end

Headshots no longer kill, limbs can no longer be shot off.
That's rubbish! All the latest videos have shown headshots killing and head being blown to pieces! I thought it looked to have been upped a bit from the GC version!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GKq2R-qJHi0

You can even shoot heads off in the stage before the village, which I don't think you could before!