N-Europe

This..is..SPARTA!! [300]

Stocka

You had a well formed opinion way before you watched the movie. It was obvious you weren't going to enjoy it.

In that case, it doesn't really differentiate me from the pubescent hordes screaming "dine in hell" at each other for the last month or so. Why, what did you think of it?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, it doesn't really differentiate me from the pubescent hordes screaming "dine in hell" at each other for the last month or so. Why, what did you think of it?

Yes it does. They went because they thought they would like it, it was their 'thing' and they were excited about it.

You knew you were going to hate it, you said so many times, yet you still went to see it, with this firmly etched onto your mind, why? Probably just so you could be elitist and think yourself better than those 'pubescent hordes' who enjoyed a movie despite it not being perfect.

I thought this film was brilliant. I could almost feeel the blood hitting my face ahh. The fighting was so graceful and put a smile on my face everytime a limb was sliced off.

Alas the dialogue is corny and it has one of the funniest sex scenes i've ever seen (wobbly nipples!). Apart from that it was gripping stuff. But, no, it was not better than Gladiator.

An epic movie based on others such as gladiator and braveheart, although not reaching they're greatness (in part because of what you said ). And I certainly understand what you mean by lack character development, but as its based on a graphic novel, they're characterized by what they do not what they say.

But it isn't in any way a bad movie. Just not for someone who expects something more literate.

Edit: I love how the fight scenes look like a videogame. Slowdown-COMBO!-Slowdown-COMBO!

I really wanted to like this but the Persians were basically a circus freak show, I mean what the hell! There was a man with knives for arms...And what the hell was up with Xerxies's voice?!

I loved the fighting! Loved the Spartans! Loved the Imagry!

I felt the acting was flat...

Somehow I still could have watched another hour...

Its a good film, but it could have been a great film! For greatness read the graphic novel!

Yes it does. They went because they thought they would like it, it was their 'thing' and they were excited about it.

You knew you were going to hate it, you said so many times, yet you still went to see it, with this firmly etched onto your mind, why? Probably just so you could be elitist and think yourself better than those 'pubescent hordes' who enjoyed a movie despite it not being perfect.

None the less I HAVE seen it, and because I've seen it, and I can say what I damn well think about it. A quick peruse through your nearest review section would tend to suggest I don't carry that opinion alone. I would love to have been disappointed, but I wasn't. You have your opinion and I have mine. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be driving my Rolls Royce and top hat into a big swimming pool full of money. It's a hard life for us elitist types.

Really enjoyed it, fantastic film. VERY impressed with the whole thing technically, the art style is wonderful and everything fits together well. I can't help but feel there was something about it not quite right however, I felt like the end came around too soon.

I enjoyed it a lot more than other films like Gladiator and Troy. For me personally, it is not an all time favourite film, but then it was never going to be, but I would say that for it's genre it's without a doubt one of the best and is awesomely stylish.

saw it yesterday and loved it. some bits were a bit *yawn* but i really liked it and thought it was funny as hell. i much prefer it to sin city which didn't grab me as much as this.

a lot of nipples in it though! and its a 15?!?!? wtf?!?!

300- Was undeniably underwhelmingly Awesome. Artistic style and Visual effects were phenomenal, fight scenes some of the best ever. However like many have said, ending was unsatisfying and the story needed a bit more depth (having studied the Spartan Civilisation) and more of a build up to the colossal fight scenes.

The scripting was brilliant in its melodrama and the whole experience akin to a rollercoster ride (NEVER BORING) in reverse. made 2 hours feel like 5 minutes. I also give it top marks for Historical accuracy and attention to detail among all the fantastical visual representations. However, I didn't feel a substantial rapport between any of the characters was established and was surprising un-emotional at some of the more heart-wrenching moments. The lack of depth is whole heartedly forgiven when compared with the titanic, awe-inspiring battle scenes that literally make your jaw-drop!

Overall - 4/5 Stars MUST SEE MOVIE!

And what the hell was up with Xerxies's voice?!

Agreed. It was like, theyd recorded him talking really fast, and slowed it down. It didnt seem to suit him at all either, he looked kind of gay.

It was the gold eyeshadow.

Did someone say they wanted the song off of the trailer cos I have it and can send it to anyone who wants a listen.

OMG! I just saw this

and thought "I WANT THAT SONG!!". Would you be so kind to rapidshare it with us! Please!

None the less I HAVE seen it, and because I've seen it, and I can say what I damn well think about it. A quick peruse through your nearest review section would tend to suggest I don't carry that opinion alone. I would love to have been disappointed, but I wasn't. You have your opinion and I have mine. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be driving my Rolls Royce and top hat into a big swimming pool full of money. It's a hard life for us elitist types.

But Elitists never make any money, to make money you need to do what the people want rather than mock then for being artisticly 'inferior'

Going to see this at the cinema next week. Aquired me a copy but its terrible quality so probably wont manage to watch it all the way through until the Cinema