• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

That's obscene. I am stretched for time as it is. Sometimes I get in a sneaky tune at work and there's no point at Uni. Annoyingly my Scrobble feature for my iPod keeps buggering up...although I don't think that would put me even remotely close to your count. :heh:

iTunes is always on when I'm using the Mac, except on VERY rare occasions, as I said, souble scrobbles often, plus iPod plays get scrobbled too.

I fell in love with The call - regina spektor today. It's such a beautiful song.

''You'll come back, when they call you...no need to say goodbye''

*sniffles*

Chemo Limo is beautiful-er...because there's an incredible sense of humanity and maternal instinct in it.

Breathtaking.

I fell in love with The call - regina spektor today. It's such a beautiful song.

''You'll come back, when they call you...no need to say goodbye''

*sniffles*

Chemo Limo is beautiful-er...because there's an incredible sense of humanity and maternal instinct in it.

Breathtaking.

The Call is bit saccharine, and just isn't as "good" as Wunderkind by Alanis Morissette (from the first film).

I forgot Regina even featuired in Caspian, I remember that being the best bit now...

Today I fell in love with Hot Chip's Coming On Strong

I'm sick of motherfuckers trying to tell me that they're down with Prince

'Crap Kraft Dinner' has to be my favourite off that album.

All the people I love are here,

All the people that I love can't hear.

All the people I love are drunk,

All the people that I love are here.

All the people I love are here,

All the people that I love come here.

All the people I love are drunk,

All the people that I think I am are drunk.

yeah me too. Figured I'd hit up the other LP though as I found my CD copy and my pc was off. Glad I did as I basically wrote it off a while ago. Cannot think why for the life of me.

Yeah, it's not that bad an album. It's just a bit forgettable. I'd listen to it if it came on but I probably wouldn't put it on.

Apart from 'We're Looking for a Lot of Love', I'm not a fan of Made in the Dark. 'Ready for the Floor' is okay but it is completely outdone by a lot of remixes.

One for Hot Chip fans:

Did you hear that the incredible Hot Chip are releasing a new EP on December 22nd will Robert Wyatt and Goose creatively titled With Robert Wyatt and Goose EP?

This reinterpretation of “Made in the Dark†our first taste of the EP. It’s a staggering piece of work if you ask me. Don’t get me wrong, I love Hot Chip’s technolicious loudness, but listening to their sweet and smoldering ballads is just as momentous — a trick no mere dance act was supposed to master.

Personally my favourite Hot Chip songs are the slower ones. 'Look After Me' being my absolute 100% favourite. I quite like this loungy version of 'Made in the Dark'.

New Hot Chip (ft. Robert Wyatt) - Made in the Dark

Anyone listened to the acoustic version of 'Boy From School'? I love it.

---

Anyone listened to Ellie Goulding? I'm really liking the sound of 'Wish I Stayed'. It has grown on me.

m_87b92d88e8685fabe30f3d27cf043259.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/elliegoulding

Anybody here like The Locust? Every sound they make horrifies me, yet I'm completely addicted. Saw them live a couple of weeks ago too, in their frankly ridiculous Locust suits. Great band.

I bought one of their albums a few years ago, Plague Soundscapes. Oh god I thought my ears were bleeding, absolutely hilarious if you don't take them seriously. And the song titles....

SOLAR PANEL ASSES

SOUL EXCHANGE PROGRAM RECTUM RETURN POLICY

PSYCHIC SASQUATCH

HALO OF PUBIC HAIR AND EARWAX MANUFACTURED FOR THE CHAMPION IN ALL OF US

WET DREAM WAR MACHINE

TWENTY-THREE LUBED UP SCHIZOPHRENICS WITH DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR

LIVE FROM THE RUSSIAN COMPOUND

PSST! IS THAT A HALFIE IN YOUR PANTS?

PRIEST WITH THE SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES, GET OUT OF MY BED

PRACTICED HATRED

ANYTHING JESUS DOES, I CAN DO BETTER

LATE FOR A DOUBLE DATE WITH A PILE OF ATOMS IN THE WATER CLOSET

RECYCLABLE BODY FLUIDS IN HUMAN SHAPE

SPERM DONOR

TEENAGE MUSTACHE

:S

Yeah man, The Locust are great! Don't like their new costumes though, the ones they had a few years back were great.

They supported the Yeah Yeah Yeah's at Birmingham Academy ages ago, all the YYY's fans were shouting at them and throwing shit at the stage, but The Locust just played harder and shouted back at them. The drummer threw up into a cup and threatened to throw it at them if they didn't shut the fuck up. Good times.

I've been giving some generic collection of Marilyn Monroe songs a spin for a while.

I never really though about how cool her voice is. Actually wavering all over the place, could be in some jokng, mildly-successful indie band nowadays.

Anyone else heard of The Pierces? Quite liking their album Thirteen Tales of Love and Revenge at the moment. Not sure who they're like (last.fm says Soho Dolls, Imogen Heap and others)

Anyway, obligatory youtube videos:

(that ones just random images)

Plus they're easy on the eyes :p

Being the bitter human being that I am, I feel the need to inflict my addiction to this song on everyone:

Yeah man, The Locust are great! Don't like their new costumes though, the ones they had a few years back were great.

They supported the Yeah Yeah Yeah's at Birmingham Academy ages ago, all the YYY's fans were shouting at them and throwing shit at the stage, but The Locust just played harder and shouted back at them. The drummer threw up into a cup and threatened to throw it at them if they didn't shut the fuck up. Good times.

To be fair, they're one of those bizarre bands that don't work on record at all. In fact I don't think they do anything particularly special musically, it's just live that the spectacle is so thoroughly surreal that you can't help but be slightly mesmerised. Kinda like Genghis Tron...

Also: Seeing as I'm fairly hyperactive at this moment in time, and in the mood to make controversial statements, I'll just go ahead and say it: Blink 182 are the Led Zeppelin of our generation. Discuss.

Being the bitter human being that I am, I feel the need to inflict my addiction to this song on everyone:

Also: Seeing as I'm fairly hyperactive at this moment in time, and in the mood to make controversial statements, I'll just go ahead and say it: Blink 182 are the Led Zeppelin of our generation. Discuss.

Wow, I just listened to club remix of that on a Ministry of Sound album...

There's one massive difference between Blink 182 and Led Zep - Led Zep are good.

Someone was talking about the best tracks of the year a while back, right? Here's my view:

10 - Vampire Weekend - M79

9 - TV On The Radio - Love Dog

8 - Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal

7 - No Age - Eraser

6 - Gang Gang Dance - House Jam

5 - Cut Copy - Out There On The Ice Tonight

4 - M83 - You, Appearing

3 - Fucked Up - Son The Father

2 - Crystal Castles - Untrust Us

1 - Fuck Buttons - Okay, Let's Talk About Magic

Honourable Mentions:

Santogold - L.E.S. Artists

Deerhunter - Nothing Ever Happened

Pluxus - Transient

Portishead - Machine Gun

Gojira - Toxic Garbage Island

Ratatat - Mirando

Lindstrom - Where You Go I Go Too

Made Out Of Babies - Cooker

Hercules And Love Affair - Blind

The Teenagers - Homecoming

The Raconteurs - Consolers Of The Lonely

The underlined ones are ones I think everyone should check out.

(Bard, you should check out Made Out Of Babies latest album. And yup, Locust are indeed grand).

To be fair, they're one of those bizarre bands that don't work on record at all. In fact I don't think they do anything particularly special musically, it's just live that the spectacle is so thoroughly surreal that you can't help but be slightly mesmerised. Kinda like Genghis Tron...

Have you been on the Bong Bard? I thought Blink were well below your mighty self?

I don't think they were quite as epic as the Zep, but they certainly did have a big impact on creating pop/punk music.

Someone was talking about the best tracks of the year a while back, right? Here's my view:

10 - Vampire Weekend - M79

9 - TV On The Radio - Love Dog

8 - Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal

7 - No Age - Eraser

6 - Gang Gang Dance - House Jam

5 - Cut Copy - Out There On The Ice Tonight

4 - M83 - You, Appearing

3 - Fucked Up - Son The Father

2 - Crystal Castles - Untrust Us

1 - Fuck Buttons - Okay, Let's Talk About Magic

Honourable Mentions:

Santogold - L.E.S. Artists

Deerhunter - Nothing Ever Happened

Pluxus - Transient

Portishead - Machine Gun

Gojira - Toxic Garbage Island

Ratatat - Mirando

Lindstrom - Where You Go I Go Too

Made Out Of Babies - Cooker

Hercules And Love Affair - Blind

The Teenagers - Homecoming

The Raconteurs - Consolers Of The Lonely

The underlined ones are ones I think everyone should check out.

(Bard, you should check out Made Out Of Babies latest album. And yup, Locust are indeed grand).

A lovely list.

I keep meaning to get Vampire Weekend and Fleet Foxes...they're on my "To-Get) list, with Bon Iver.

Have you been on the Bong Bard? I thought Blink were well below your mighty self?

I don't think they were quite as epic as the Zep, but they certainly did have a big impact on creating pop/punk music.

Not talking about style of music, but more about the impact they have/ had on the kids that listened to them at the time. Both bands have some pretty iconic songs, and both bands defined the popular musical zeitgeist to an extent. To some people First Date might be their equivalent of Black Dog, if you see what I mean. Maybe I'm just talking shit. Had an interesting convo with a mate about this though.