N-Europe

I'm almost ashamed to admit I'm completely the opposite, I've not listened to Alive or Just Breathing, and I didn't even know the current lead singer wasn't the original.

End of Heartache is pure quality though.

Yeah I liked it too, it's good but their best is still AOJB. Try it, see if it appeals to you. It's a lot heavier and complex, less melodic, but everything is miles better than on their other album, especially Jesse (one of the greatest metal singers of all time).

Their new guy is also brillant, has brilliant range and can growl like a mofo, but I think they sorta changed their music to adapt to his voice. : peace:

Anyone heard Vancouver by Jeff Buckley? Some beautiful stuff going on there.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Another case of haggis-is-behind-the-times syndrome...:indeed::heh:

Wasn't she all hyped up like a month ago, or something?

Honestly.

From the few times I've heard it, it's a Regina Spektor for the masses, only not even comparable in quality.

To be fair, it only just broke the top ten last week. So I'm not THAT far behind the times! Give me a little credit!:p

If I'm pissed off, I just smack on some hard music. Something like KoRn with an angry-sounding Jonathan Davis (which does basically mean KoRn in general), or metal like KsE or Lamb of God. Just something heavy like that.

I'm also stunned that Coolness like KsE. :o

My Last Serenade = Brilliant.

My Curse is good too, but the version on GH3 isn't the best version of the song.

I'm stunned to Roos..

Villan. ;)

I didn't think I would like them what with the "growling" but i do. I gave them my first listen yesterday and have to say although I liked it The words were just going over my head but today I listened to it a lot more and The "growls" started to make sense and I can hear the actual words which makes the songs much better.

I'm really enjoying it and find it strangely relaxing. :)

My favourite songs so far are My Last Serenade, Numbered Days, the Element of one and the Temple from with in. :D

I didn't think I would like them what with the "growling" but i do. I gave them my first listen yesterday and have to say although I liked it The words were just going over my head but today I listened to it a lot more and The "growls" started to make sense and I can hear the actual words which makes the songs much better.

My favourite songs so far are My Last Serenade, Numbered Days, the Element of one and the Temple from with in. :D

Holy Jesus. Coolness gets infinite respect points for being man enough to honestly give something new a try :).

I'm stunned to Roos..

Villan. ;)

Watchit! Wrong forum. :wink:

Give me a second to close my jaw... :o

...there we are. :smile:

That's cool. I really ought to give KsE more of a listen. I might go on YouTube and look for some vids later.

Just listening to Razorlight's song 'Kirby's House' (don't judge, I know nobody likes Razorlight but it reminds me of the best sex I've had this year :P) and it references 'In Your Morning' (well, repeats the lyrics).

Reminded me someone (no idea who im afraid) once said artists shouldn't reference themselves, can't remember their justification but wondering how people felt.

Personally I really like how The Format tend to do it. For instance in 'The First Single' they say "Cause I hate what I've become" and then in Dog Problems (a few years apart) they say "When I said, "I hate what I've become" I lied, I hated who I was". And their first album ends with "We all fall down again" and their second album starts with "ashes to ashes" (from Ring around the roses obviously)

Personally I find it rewarding for fans to be able to spot these little things. Any opinions?

(and yes Im trying to start discussion more than a select few can join in on :p)

Just listening to Razorlight's song 'Kirby's House' (don't judge, I know nobody likes Razorlight but it reminds me of the best sex I've had this year :P) and it references 'In Your Morning' (well, repeats the lyrics).

Most people I know seem to love Golden Touch and Somewhere Else.

Most people I know seem to love Golden Touch and Somewhere Else.

Well when I said everyone (or most people or whatever I said) I meant who visit this thread which consist of people who like very specific things and hate a great deal else.

Razorlight are the origin of hate, fyi.

still, kudos on the sex.

Anyway...artist intereferentiality...? (yes I just made up a word I think)

Perhaps. It's between Numbered Days, Just Barely Breathing and Vide Infra for me.

I've settled with Numbered Days.

Anywho, what you asked me before about album of the year, so far it's Street Horrrrsing by Fuck Buttons, as far as I'm concerned. obZen is a close second... and Watershed is third, so far.: peace:

Anywho, in two weeks I'll be attending this lovely afternoon of concerts:

RATM (finally!!!)

The Hives (this will be nice)

Gogol Bordello (getting ready for the part a)

The National (yet another dream come true)

Spiritualized (I quite like them!)

CSS (it couldn't all be good, right? Oh well, I guess I'll masturbate over Lovefoxxx)

MGMT (meh...)

Vampire Weekend (I'm sure I'm gonna love this one)

Hercules And Love Affair (I love these guys... I wonder what they'll do for singers in the act)

Galactic (meh II)

Peaches (Fuck yeah!!! I'm gonna see the QUEEN live!)

Tiga (Never liked his sorry ass...)

Boys Noize (Justice clones, yes, but awesome nonetheless)

Kalashnikov (Portuguese comic relief band, this'll be funny)

Sons Of Albion (Fuck Logan Plant. That is all.)

So the first in are SOAlbion and RATM are the headliners, that's pretty much the line up. Awesome shit, right? :awesome:

Anyway...artist intereferentiality...? (yes I just made up a word I think)

PJ Harvey does something like this on basically all her albums, making each one a flowing individual.

Rid Of Me is full or references to legs, hers or otherwise, and not only on the song "Legs".

She also has 2 tracks on this album, Man-Size and Man-Sized Sextet, which If i'm not mistaken are the same song, but one is rearranged with agitated strings and is shorter, while the other is perhaps a continuation, but is really just a rocky version of it.

SFTC,SFTS mentions similar things like "...one line..." but not in the song "One Line".

Various songs on Is This Desire? talk of someone called Catherine, and, yep, not just on the song "Catherine".

So it's a sort of reference.

just got back from Berlin to see RATM and it was sickkkkkkkkkkk!!

What the hell, RATM where in Berlin? I just got back from a 5 day trip there. How the hell did I not know?!?!

Also; Radiohead gig is now just 2 weeks today! I'm so hyped it's unreal.

Just heard some tracks of Nas's new album (Untitled...though i think most fans know what its REALLY called)...and yeah they're amazing.

I mean, real rap music.....who knew it was still around. Nice to see he isn't trying to be mainstream at all unlike that **** 50 cent.