NEurope

Well eager to check out the new Spotifii. Willdoeet 2m.

Were they or were they not fucking brilliant? At least, once you got past all the old men and massive influx of non-LCD fans anyway. New album sounded wicked, though no lighting for the new songs hurt.

YEAH! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!

Maaan! What a gig. I only just got home. It was incredible! Yeah! was just off the hook awesome. So many good tracks- they're just an absolutely storming live band.

All bands should have 7 people in, and preferably one of them should always be James Murphy.

Thanks Daft/Ashley, this new spotify is teh awesome. Unfortunately it seems none of mah facebook peeps have updated :( Ghheeey

Actually it may be handy to post profile links for those of us who aren't facebook friends and what not. Mine be spotify:user:ashleytwo Although I'd imagine most people don't want my music but whatever :p

Daft; Islands in the Stream - Constantines, Feist. YES.

Ahh good idea. Mine be spotify:user:SPAMBOT4000 though I'm not currently sharing any playlists as they're ALL err... rather embarrassing! I did have an epic old school hip hop collaberative playlist that I made with my ex but she deleted it all when we broke up. Gahhh...

Don't think I've got the updated Spotify, no update prompt has come up :(

Different album, but I love this. I think the version I have is remastered (it's from her best of) and on my headphones it's so good.

---

Who else remembers this? :bouncy:

^ Yes and tune! I remember being shocked a few years after it came out to find that it's about masturbation.

Thanks Daft/Ashley, this new spotify is teh awesome. Unfortunately it seems none of mah facebook peeps have updated :( Ghheeey

Yeah, same. Probably because it's being rolled out slowly.

Actually it may be handy to post profile links for those of us who aren't facebook friends and what not. Mine be spotify:user:ashleytwo Although I'd imagine most people don't want my music but whatever :p

Daft; Islands in the Stream - Constantines, Feist. YES.

Yeah, it's an ace cover.

Don't think I've got the updated Spotify, no update prompt has come up :(

Just download it.

Edit:

I just listened to this and died a little. It filled me with head awe.

dj-mehdi-lucky-boy-at-night.jpg

Signatune - Thomas Bangalter Edit

If you don't know who Thomas Bangalter is, HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME!!

Edited by Daft

All it's really done for me is make use Spotify more than buying things I don't know if I'll like or not. It seems to fuck up less now with the upgrade, which helps.

For example, Kate Nash's new album. I like it. I appreciated the first album for the songs that weren't Foundations, there were some touchingly great ones on Made of Bricks, but there were a few shit ones too. This album seems much more fleshed out. Love whichever one has the long spoken word bit.

Been listening to Bullet for my Valentine's new album on spotify. Not as good as their other two albums, but still worth a decent listen 6-7/10.

Oh, so you mean its one tier below The Insane Clown Posse and C&C Music Factory?

They really strive for the lowest possible hanging fruit; all they do is learn some thrash riffs from Metallica, circa Kill 'em All, and then apply them to whatever it was they learnt from religiously watching those NSYNC music videos as teenyboppers.

Just finished listening to Year of the Black Rainbow by Coheed and Cambria...

I like it a lot upon first listen but it will require a good deal more before I truly 'warm' to it... decent on the whole but I still prefer Good Apollo' I'm Burning Star IV' Volume One, From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness as it was the album that got me interested in them after first hearing them on Rock Band, I've since seen them live once which was well worthwhile.

Anyway here's a track from their latest album for anyone interested...

And one from the latter mentioned album...

Any nice guy out there that can spare a Spotify invite?

Wanna see what all the fuss is about.

I'm loving the new spotify and all that, it's a massive improvement. But there's still huge gaps in their library, which is irritating even more so now with the send feature. There are some absolute crackers I can't send properly through it, annoying! Can't fault them for trying though. Also I wish I could manage my walkman on it as well, but you can't win them all.

Edited by Razz

Any nice guy out there that can spare a Spotify invite?

Wanna see what all the fuss is about.

PM me your e-mail.

New Eminem single came out in America today called 'Not Afraid'. Basically it's an anthem to say he's back (and back properly, not like that relapse stuff). Can't wait.

On a side note, physical Graffiti, oh what an album <3

PM me your e-mail.

Daft is a pretty nice guy.

Worked like a charm, thanks.

I hope Eminem is good. I'm so bored of his jokey stuff.

Considering some of his are stunners, eg. Stan, Like Toy Soldiers and Lose Yourself.

Finally got around to watching that gingers video by MIA. As a ginger I was stunned. Good shit. Love how they're putting in the effort with music videos these days in general.

Maaan! What a gig. I only just got home. It was incredible! Yeah! was just off the hook awesome. So many good tracks- they're just an absolutely storming live band.

All bands should have 7 people in, and preferably one of them should always be James Murphy.

It was, it was, and I agree very much. God, he says it'll be their last album, right shame to see em go. Can't wait to see them again at Reading. Setlist was perfect too.

Im such an LCD fanboy these days it's stupid. Reviewing the album for the student rag. Which incidentally I would have got music editor of had I applied, apparently. Upsetting.

I'm loving the new spotify and all that, it's a massive improvement. But there's still huge gaps in their library, which is irritating even more so now with the send feature. There are some absolute crackers I can't send properly through it, annoying! Can't fault them for trying though. Also I wish I could manage my walkman on it as well, but you can't win them all.

Could get worse, one of the 4 big labels were meant to be pulling out.... doesn't seemed to have happened yet tho, touch wood.

Anyway, new Spotyfy is fucking fullofwin. Anything I ask and more. Sliightly too cluttered for my liking but can't really complain. Nice they've batched up the adverts recently so they're longer but less frequent.

Anyone up for getting another NE playlist going? As we now know who added what and such?

If you're in to LCD you should definitely check out Animal Collective, !!! and TV on The Radio if you haven't already.

I hope Eminem is good. I'm so bored of his jokey stuff.

Considering some of his are stunners, eg. Stan, Like Toy Soldiers and Lose Yourself.

Yeah i prefer his serious stuff too! His albums have always had a mixture of both though. Songs like Real Slim Shady are good for radio play but his serious stuff makes you realise how much better he is than pretty much everyone.

Rock Bottom, Just Don't Give A Fuck, White America, Til I Collapse, Soldier, Cleaning Out My Closet, Yellow Brick Road, Beautiful, Underground...

Oh and then there's the Way I am, where he rhymes like every 3rd syllable. Holy crap *puts on*.

Also whats so good with the new spotify? Damn I'm hearing from all directions how epic it is, but what does it actually do differently/better?