NEurope

I've never heard a note by LCD Soundsystem, what's their best? (I noticed the new one isn't on Spotify)

It's not even out yet, it's just being streamed on their site.

All My Friends, Someone Great, Yeah (crass), Get Innocuous, Daft Punk Are Playing At My House....search them to start you off with =P

Just listening to Piper At The Gates Of Dawn in mono and it's messing with my head a bit, I'm so used to the stereo mix. Some songs are definitely better this way though.

Edited by ipaul

I've been listening to Madonna. BIG TIMES. her albums are all messed up on Spotify, which is confusing!

Songs of the day:

Lena Meyer - Satellite

The song is weirdly entrancing. maybe it's her face, or the way she speaks english.

Madonna - Thief of Hearts

The song turns me on or something less embarrassing. :heh:

Madonna is much more interesting than I realised!

Actual SONG OF THE WEEK:

Holly Miranda - Forest Green, Oh Forest Green

Mellow as anything and just insanely relaxing. :heart:

What I've been listening to this week: (other than Madonna)

Selena Gomez

41zqGm2SrpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Fun. :smile:

Holly Miranda - The Magicians Private Library

41FDzSn1-pL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Magical. :awesome:

MGMT - Congratulations

418X3jVUjSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It hasn't grabbed me yet on my first listen. :D

MGMT are shit, I've decided. They lucked out on about 1/3 of their first album but all their other material is guff- they just have no sense for songcraft and feel completely moribund.

I've never heard a note by LCD Soundsystem, what's their best? (I noticed the new one isn't on Spotify)

Their best: All My Friends, Someone Great, Losing My Edge.

Their most accessible: Daft Punk is Playing at My House, Movement, New York I love you...

New album is indeed the tits, even betters Have One On Me in my mind. All I want - best song of the decade thus far I think.

Also: New one ain't on Spotify cos it ain't out until next month. Streaming on their webby though.

MGMT are shit, I've decided. They lucked out on about 1/3 of their first album but all their other material is guff- they just have no sense for songcraft and feel completely moribund.

Don't be so grumpy. You Grumpster.

Although, I don't like them either. They're a bit too annoying for me.

Also, I was in the shower yesterday and sang Jesus Christ Pose. I'm dedicating that one to you.

Eisley - Silverspring

the piano sounds so warm and the voice is stunning!

Edit: some magic going on? lol Dan Dare thanks

Edited by AeroScap

Areoscap, I edited it for you but with yt links in the future you just need to copy in the part of the url after the '=' :)

One of my favorite live performances from one of my favorite artists.

Please listen to this orgasmic-like music

EDIT: The video doesn't like to work for me(curses!) so I'll just post the link

Edited by Frank

The fact it's so literal, within the context of the steeped-in-mystique Have One On Me, stuns. It's like she's realised what was wrong with her life, in California, and has just left.

It does not suffice to merely lie beside each other, as those who love each other do.

It just shines like black pearl.

Relistening to Kelly Clarkson's second (?) album, Breakaway. I forgot it existed, and now it's bringing back so many memories of 2005/6. Obviously not particularly great, but she's the best thing to come out the Idol-type shows imo. Or most interesting.

Wanted to post this in here for ages, but it's been bloody elusive.

Eisley - Ambulance

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

One Cell In The Sea by A Fine Frenzy is cooling as well. After the above posts, Goodies is now on repeat.

Wanted to post this in here for ages, but it's been bloody elusive.

Eisley - Ambulance

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I like that alot!

Ciara is another of those people who I had the album of when I first got into music properly. She reminds me of Windows Media Player...it feels wrong playing it on iTunes.

(that, and it's dated badly :p)

In the spirit of reliving music I used to love; listening to CKY.

I like that alot!

It's been an anthem for me since October, we're in love. Trolly Wood by them is great as well.

It's been an anthem for me since October, we're in love. Trolly Wood by them is great as well.

yay! another eisley fan! not sure about their new songs tbh! I guess its more of a package, the other songs might give more meaning to the ones out atm.

Thing is they dropped WB as a label recently and it might be a while till the release their album :(

I am indeed a fan, they're not so well heard of in these parts unfortunately! I heard about the WB saga, quite a shame as I was liking how the Fire Kite EP was shaping up.

Relistening to Kelly Clarkson's second (?) album, Breakaway. I forgot it existed, and now it's bringing back so many memories of 2005/6. Obviously not particularly great, but she's the best thing to come out the Idol-type shows imo. Or most interesting.

I'm quite partial to a bit of Kelly, but I say the best to come out of Idol was Chris Daughtry. Someone who genuinely had talent and didn't need the winning contract to show it.