NEurope

So music. Been a great help to me in recent months and there's literally too many bands and stuff to list that I've gotten into. Will give two specific mentions. Went and saw HIM live in March, having seen them twice previously, and it was alright. Crowd sucked and sound issues meant they sounded off and it was more like they were in the studio but it was good fun. What made it great was the support band Dommin. I'd listened to one of their songs before going to see them and they were fantastic. I'd say better than HIM and that's very strange for a supporting act to upstage one of my favourite bands. They did a blinding cover of Cutting Crew's (I Just) Died In Your Arms which was so good. But with most of the crowd younger than me, I don't think any of them knew it. But really, Dommin are great. Kind of like HIM but not the same. Anyway, I recommend.

Secondly, Halestorm. Thanks to a free download courtesy of Kerrang! I found these guys and they're incredible. Seriously think they're the new Joan Jett and the Blackhearts as their debut album is one of the best I've heard in years. A sample for people to hear:

They're fantastic live as well. The lead singer really has such a great voice.

Edited by Ganepark32

Daft is a pretty nice guy.

Worked like a charm, thanks.

Wait, you got it to work? How? Is it available in Iceland?

*feels left out* =(

Anyway, I love this song. Belgian band.

Wait, you got it to work? How? Is it available in Iceland?

I used a proxy site to make my IP look like I came from Britain to sign up.

I used a proxy site to make my IP look like I came from Britain to sign up.

Haha I got Jim to sign up for me. That seems to have worked. =D

Though this is only for 14 days then right? Boooh.

Now to figure out how this thing works and what I can do haha.

Haha I got Jim to sign up for me. That seems to have worked. =D

Though this is only for 14 days then right? Boooh.

Now to figure out how this thing works and what I can do haha.

Did not know that one.

Gonna have to find a way around that.

Did not know that one.

Gonna have to find a way around that.

Well I think that's what it said, at least according to what Jim showed me.

Speaking about Jim, anyone have an invitation code for him? I got him interested now. We tried having two people signed up with one account but sadly that doesn't work haha.

Any one a fan of Electro here? I absolutely love the shit

I was supposed to see these guys last Saturday but events the week before forced them to cancel out, was heart broken to hear they cancelled once I got into PlayDub.

Well I think that's what it said, at least according to what Jim showed me.

Speaking about Jim, anyone have an invitation code for him? I got him interested now. We tried having two people signed up with one account but sadly that doesn't work haha.

Haha, it was worth a go.

But yes, if there's any spare going, I would be extremely grateful if I could have one. I will repay you by getting you a pint at the N-E meet, if you go. Or, I'll show you sexually revealing photos of myself. Depends how (un)lucky you get really.

Also (Eminem talk) I loved The Way I Am when I was younger. What a great song. Very provocative and aggressive, I thought.

WALK IN THE PARK BY BEACH HOUSE TAKEN FROM THEIR ALBUM TEEN DREAM

ROYGBIV BY BOARDS OF CANADA TAKEN FROM THEIR ALBUM MUSIC HAS THE RIGHT CHILDREN

CORPORATE CANNIBAL BY GRACE JONES FROM HER ALBUM HURRICANE

If you're in to LCD you should definitely check out Animal Collective, !!! and TV on The Radio if you haven't already.

But of course! TVotR are endlessly brilliant. Should really get listening to more of Animal Collective given that I love My Girls.

As for !!!, they're a band I've always meant to check out but I've always been thwarted by not working very well with google and such. I think one of the guys from !!! plays in LCD if I'm not mistaken.

Urgent (sortof) question!?

Since getting the new bloody spotify, my iTunes has been "correcting" all my song titles the second I play them. This is terrible, it's renaming songs as completely wrong things by different artists! How can I turn this off! I set it to do this on Spotify for the sake of it, but now it's affected my iTunes?

Help? In iTunes preferences the button to allow iTunes to search the net for names and stuff is unchecked.

Made myself a playlist with Belgian artists. Rediscovering old and discovering new songs. =)

Currently loving these:

Isbells - Reunite

Soulwax - Much against everyone's advice

An Pierlé - How does it feel

Arsenal - Longee

Turn off gracenote. I think.

How? I turned it on when I let Spotify upload my library, and somehow that's transferred over to iTunes, but the button to activate gracenote on iTunes is unchecked...and I have no idea how to undo it on Spotify. Preferences seems to give me no clue.

Curse you Spotify. I knew there was a reason I was so wary of you.

I'll kill you for this.

(thanks, I'll try it)

Haha, it was worth a go.

But yes, if there's any spare going, I would be extremely grateful if I could have one. I will repay you by getting you a pint at the N-E meet, if you go. Or, I'll show you sexually revealing photos of myself. Depends how (un)lucky you get really.

Yo! I dunno if anyone has already sent you one but if you pm me your e-mail, I'll send an invite your way now.

Paj, same thing is happening to me. Don't worry, it adds, because it gives you real genres. Once you edit it back, it never changes again.

Although I did nearly die when it correct all of my HOOM to just recurring Easy/On A Bad Day/Soft As Chalk.

I'm loving the first 2 minutes, but I'm so bored of product placement.

It's so annoying with Prince though...I had all his albums under just 'Prince' since that was he is now, and effectively it's all his stuff, regardless of name changes and bands he had at the time. Plus for Last.fm I wanted it all under one roof.

Now it's Prince and the N.P.G, Prince and the Revolution, The Artists Formerly Known As Prince etc. Although could add once I let it mull.

EDIT: Did you Have One On Me turn into 18 different albums? Effing christ, having to renumber them all.

Edited by Paj!

Just rename all the Prince ones as Prince.

Yeah, but it only acted as a way to learn more about the album. Questioning the order.

Yo! I dunno if anyone has already sent you one but if you pm me your e-mail, I'll send an invite your way now.

Promise me to get you a pint or something if you go to the meet.

Or bumsex. Either one.

Did you know that first letter for each sentence on each line reminds me of this song:

I heard Blood Bank by Bon Iver, and I've been feeling sad ever since. He's just amazingly accomplished. The fact that hearing his music totally changes the way I'm feeling.

Well I met you at the blood bank

We were looking at the bags,

Wondering if any of the colours

Matched any of the names we knew on the tags.

You said "See look that's yours

Stacked on top with your brothers

See how they resemble one anothers?

Even in their plastic little covers"

Edited by chairdriver

To SPAMBOT

LOVE JIM

Thanks so much. Although, I now have twooo Spotify invites. I think the other is from my friend...although the username of the person who sent it is weird. Heh. Hurrah.

Do-Wah-Doo - Kate Nash It's unremarkable, but I love it. I'll just read my book instead.

Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap Sweet sweet rage. Yet it's gentle.

Beulah Land - Tori Amos How do you know me so well?

Almost everything that Daft has sent me via Spotfiy namely This Bitter Earth Yes.