NEurope

T'is a fantastic song.

I love that Lykke Li song you sent me so much.

Do-Wah-Doo - Kate Nash It's unremarkable, but I love it. I'll just read my book instead.

From listening to the whole album twice through, that's one of the least interesting to me. Seems really out of place and "for radio". The swearing randomly censored when the rest of the album isn't, and is in fact really explicit? And the hook is bit added on clunkily. Oh well (maybe it's just me). I'd recommend the album though.

Survivor by Destiny's Child is a

STUNNING pop album. There's no bad songs. I did cut down the chaff a bit on how I listen (Omitting Emotion, even though it's a single, I hate it, My Heart Still Beats, the needless gospel medly and the outro thank yous), but the result is a non-stop onslaught of lovely pop songs.

It's rare that big pop/commercial albums would sustain interest for so long, but it's genuinely fun. All the songs are positive messages.

My favourite.

Discovered this band a few months back and I've really gotten into them. Loving their albums, with Evil Urges being absolutely brilliant:

Not the song I was going to post but as there are only live versions of the one I was thinking of, this will do nicely. Just as good anyway. Also noteworthy for anyone who likes this, Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Part 2 is fantastic.

To SPAMBOT

LOVE JIM

Thanks so much. Although, I now have twooo Spotify invites. I think the other is from my friend...although the username of the person who sent it is weird. Heh. Hurrah.

Haha no worries, how're you finding eeet?

Request

Jodie is back on the road so I'm making her a new playlist. Looking for a kind of Judith Butler feel to it. Something preferably feminine-centric, upbeat, 'drive-to-able' (so no Amos and Bjork :p) etc. Thrown together something at the moment available here: [noparse]spotify:user:ashleytwo:playlist:3Y4vZXtHuQbyThp17uDAel[/noparse] /

But if people could add some ideas I can then listen and work them in.

Cheers.

Haha no worries, how're you finding eeet?

It's sexy. I'm listening to the Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden and some Righteous Brothers. Yes, you read that last one correctly. Fucking love them.

Being out of the black metal scene for a while, I'm finding Rotting Christ's new album "Aealo," fucking fantastic. A melding of folk and that idiosyncratic variety of metal styles that constitutes Rotting Christ. Nativity is a broad theme for the album, and I found the vocalist's mid ranged, short guttural bellows to be somewhat reminiscent of that weird dance-chant the Kiwi's do before a rugby match... its all very aboriginal.

I donno... it also kinda sounds like Dethklok, so it might seem somewhat parodic to someone who doesn't understand metal. But I fucking love the shit out of it.

Favourite song so far is probably the title track.

Edited by The Bard
Automerged Doublepost

Request Something preferably feminine-centric, upbeat, 'drive-to-able' (so no Amos and Bjork :p).

To be fair, she does actually have some quite mainstream, "car-music" stuff. Eg:

(Although the Mark Stent single remix is what you'd want in this situation).

Putting that aside;

It's calling out for 6'1" by Liz Phair:

And I kept standing 6'1"

Instead of 5'2"

And I loved my life,

And I hated you

It's just really "fuck you, I'm a woman who doesn't stand for shit", but also really car-y.

Definitely first track potential.

RAPPORT!

Currently listening to Exile in Guyville by Liz Phair and was about to say to just listen that enitre album, then saw Chair's post.

But yeah, that. It's not on Spotify because it's too good. You have to want to hear it.

EDIT: Seems they've added it, sortof? The tracks are there, but you can't listen to them as an album. Oh well, my point stands.

To be fair, she does actually have some quite mainstream, "car-music" stuff. Eg:

(Although the Mark Stent single remix is what you'd want in this situation).

Hmm I think that may be drive music if you know/love Bjork but to anyone else its at best stomp around in the mud music.

But cheers for the suggestion :)

What kind of stuff is Jodie in to? Might be able to suggest something.

Check the playlist link on the previous page nork.

Fairly accesible but good stuff then. Just throw in a wadge of Kelis, a sprinkling of Laura Marling, and a healthy dose of Hercules & Love Affair.

Oh I may throw in Millionaire actually cheers. I had a very quick flick through Marling's album and couldn't find anything particularly right, care to suggest a particular?

It needs some Brooklyn love: TV On The Radio and Yeasayer say harro.

So I'm thinking of pre ordering Jamie Lidell's new album:

Thoughts anyone?

Oh I may throw in Millionaire actually cheers. I had a very quick flick through Marling's album and couldn't find anything particularly right, care to suggest a particular?

Well Ghosts and Cross Your Fingers on the first album are the most joyous, driving ones, and maybe Devil's Spoke from the second album. The first album is probably best to pick from though.

The Noisettes are playing at the Jesus-Somerville ball (which I'm going to). Adds.

Request

Jodie is back on the road so I'm making her a new playlist. Looking for a kind of Judith Butler feel to it. Something preferably feminine-centric, upbeat, 'drive-to-able' (so no Amos and Bjork :p) etc. Thrown together something at the moment available here: [noparse]spotify:user:ashleytwo:playlist:3Y4vZXtHuQbyThp17uDAel[/noparse] /

But if people could add some ideas I can then listen and work them in.

Cheers.

I've thrown in two tracks from Silversun Pickups. I'm thinking this is probably the sort of thing you're looking for - let me know what you think as they're a recent favourite of mine.

I have only listened briefly to a couple of the songs from Plastic Beach, Gorillaz, and I didn't come across anything which blew me away. I'm not surprised because the nature of their music demands multiple listens.

Just wondered what everyone makes of the album and what their favourite track is.

And as a compliment, here's Dare, which gave me goosebumps having somehow gone without hearing it for ages.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I have only listened briefly to a couple of the songs from Plastic Beach, Gorillaz, and I didn't come across anything which blew me away. I'm not surprised because the nature of their music demands multiple listens.

Just wondered what everyone makes of the album and what their favourite track is.

And as a compliment, here's Dare, which gave me goosebumps having somehow gone without hearing it for ages.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I don't find it as instantly accessible as Demon Days, which is a shame but that's not to say it's bad. My favourite personally is Empire Ants, I love how it has two movements, and the drop in the middle is yum.

Edited by Razz