NEurope

Kelly Rowland - Commander

On a set of good speakers, the already huge chorus sounds incredible. Absolutely love. Dying to hear it in the clubs. Obviously a completely generic "Lets dance!" song, but I love it nonetheless.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

--

I wanted desperately to dislike it, and then I thought to myself "Why?", and gave in. Selena Gomez & The Scene's 'Naturally' is completely addictive, and not something I expected to come from the Hollywood Records crowd.

Edited by Slaggis

Well I think that's what it said, at least according to what Jim showed me.

Speaking about Jim, anyone have an invitation code for him? I got him interested now. We tried having two people signed up with one account but sadly that doesn't work haha.

You can get it in other countries as long as you have somebody in England log in once every 2 weeks. Works quite well.

I got the new spotify: spotify:user:icedtears

Excuse the name.

Edited by nightwolf

Anyone heard of an American band called Parachute? Got their debut album called Losing Sleep and it's really good. Think they've had some of their songs showcased on US TV, but the shows escape me.

Edit: Apparently the song below was on The Vampire Diaries.

The Mess I Made

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Bought Nobody's Daughter by Hole today. I've given it a few listens and I'm liking, seriously so. It's just what I needed. The liner notes are nice too, but I hate it when lyrics aren't included, it's just rude. Oh Courtney Love, you unstable mess you, welcome back.

EDIT: Also, Walking With A Ghost by Teegs n Sar is just the best.

Edited by Razz

Also, Walking With A Ghost by Teegs n Sar is just the best.

Yes.

It feels like it should be one of those songs everyone knows and sings along to, like Song 2 by Blur (putting aside the fact I hate Blur), but because noone seems to know who Tegan and Sara are, it gets ignored.

At least The White Stripes knew it's stunning.

After hearing it numerous times today at work I still stand by my belief that Bad Romance is a fucking awful song. It has a catchy chorus yes, but the rest of the song is just dire.

Just needed to vent ^_^

After hearing it numerous times today at work I still stand by my belief that Bad Romance is a fucking awful song. It has a catchy chorus yes, but the rest of the song is just dire.

Just needed to vent ^_^

You've just described every Lady Gaga song.

Bought Nobody's Daughter by Hole today. I've given it a few listens and I'm liking, seriously so. It's just what I needed. The liner notes are nice too, but I hate it when lyrics aren't included, it's just rude. Oh Courtney Love, you unstable mess you, welcome back.

JUST BACK FROM HOLE GIG IN GLASGOW

ONE OF THE BEST GIGS I'VE EVER BEEN TO

To be honest, I expected it to be "fine", nice to hear songs I've loved for years etc, but this was outstanding. A real genuine rock show...the chat wasn't "CHAT" inverted commas, it was all genuine and they played little experiments they'd just made last week, and did an extra-long set because the crowd was so good (over 2 hours! Considering some of the US shows had under an hour..). She the band to play Boys On The Radio despite them having not learnt it, so the crowd sang most of it.

All the Celebrity Skin/Live Through This songs were transcendant live, everyone jumping the hell about singing every line. Gained new love for Malibu, which I liked, but never loved. The "Light radiates" bit was stunning. All the lights turned on, just the crowd singing.

She played a few covers (Gold Dust Woman, Thirteen), and a little "doodle" they'd invented, and only the title track from Pretty On The Inside. Though that's the only essential.

It just felt like what a gig should be. Not a "presentation" as such, just a band playing music naturally and captivatingly. And I believed her when she went on about how "This is a fucking amazing show!" etc.

During Someone Else's Bed :love: she took off her dress and just played in her bustier/underwear thing.

She went on to reveal in the wake of the "news" she dated Gavin Rossdale (Singer, Gwen Stefani's husband), that Awful was about him.

OH it was awesome. Just a refreshingly REAL gig by people who actively want to be on stage playing music and trying stuff out.

A girl kept insisting on piggybacks/dancing. We semi-pulled, but it was just "...". I wouldn't put her on my shoulders, and that was the end of that. The situation both added and took away, since it was really hard to focus due to be choked.

For Northern Star she got 4 people out of the crowd to see if they could sing it well enough. It was jokes, she actually pushed them away if they weren't "good enough". The band finished on Never Go Hungry, solo by Courtney, was brilliant.

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Edited by Paj!

Oh my god, that's desperate.

Wasn't the only decent one the frontman? And he's in Fightstar now anyway.

ONE OF THE BEST GIGS I'VE EVER BEEN TO

You say that every time.

You say that every time.

I know. / the last time.

I thought that as I was typing, but then kept it because it's true. There's a bizarre increase in quality each time. Although seeing Laura Marling and seeing Hole are two totally different experiences, I still hold them up as among the best.

You reminded me to update my "Seen Live" list, and then highlight the ones I'd rank "up there". No one will care, but anyway..

In chronological order (afap - bolded for exceptionality);

S Club 7

Travis

Sugababes

Snow Patrol

Ronan Keating

The Proclaimers

McFly

The Corrs

Beverly Knight

Annie Lennox

Midge Ure

Natasha Bedingfield

Jamie Cullum

James Brown

- All at Live8 Murrayfield (Scotland)

My Chemical Romance

- Thursday

Gwen Stefani

- Cansei de Ser Sexy

Amy Winehouse

- Remi Nicole

Cansei de Ser Sexy

Justice

- Metronomy

Blue Man Group

Tegan and Sara

- Northern State

Björk

-Lila Arab

Alanis Morissette

The Levellers

Elbow

Goldfrapp

Sigur Rós

- All at Hydro Connect (Scotland)

The Ting Tings

- Fight Like Apes

Goldfrapp

The Kills

-Dinosaur Pile-up

Bat for Lashes

-School of Seven Bells

John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey

Patrick Wolf

- YACHT

Antony and the Johnsons

Tori Amos

- One eskimO

Tegan and Sara

Laura Marling

- Boy And Bear

- Alessi's Ark

Hole

- Tiffany Page

- Little Fish

That ^ said, people like Tori, Peej and Patrick Wolf I all really enjoyed and thought were good.

I hate M83's latest album. Their others were marvellous.

Crystal Castles new album is brilliant. A definite purchase when it comes out physically.

Love the Sigur Ros sample in Year of Silence.

Crystal Castles new album is brilliant. A definite purchase when it comes out physically.

Love the Sigur Ros sample in Year of Silence.

Agreed.

I gave it several full on listens yesterday. :D

Excellent stuff. :grin:

Miley Cyrus - Can't Be Tamed.

Edited by Coolness Bears

Went to watch Ash last night. It was glorious. Some of their new stuff was pretty good too.

The support band was pretty ace (Parlotones). Their sound quality was actually better than Ash's.

Have some videos:

Ash are one of my favourite all-time bands. Grew up with their music. Love it.

Did they play A Life Less Ordinary, at all?

Did they play A Life Less Ordinary, at all?

Yeah, they played most of their big old stuff apart from Envy. I assume they didn't play it because the woman who did the backing vocals/guitar left.

Last time I saw them they just had 3 people, now they have a new guitarist. He had a "questionable" emo fringe and generally moped around the stage. He played well though, so I can't complain.

Yeah, they played most of their big old stuff apart from Envy. I assume they didn't play it because the woman who did the backing vocals/guitar left.

Last time I saw them they just had 3 people, now they have a new guitarist. He had a "questionable" emo fringe and generally moped around the stage. He played well though, so I can't complain.

Yeah, Charlotte was great when she was in the band. Although, their best stuff probably came when Ash were a three-piece band. 1977 is such an incredible album.

Maybe he's just a touring guitarist? I think they're still sticking as a three. In fact, when Charlotte left, they said they were going to go more back to their roots. Love their stuff.

I think you might be right about the touring guitarist. There's no mention of him on the website.

I did wonder why he stood out a bit.

I think you might be right about the touring guitarist. There's no mention of him on the website.

I did wonder why he stood out a bit.

Yeah, don't be too surprised if you see him again at another gig. It just means that the band keep the same touring guitarist. Kinda like an unofficial member of the band. Oasis had a touring keyboard player for years who pretty much became a sixth member, but unofficially.

I need to get some of Charlotte's Solo stuff. I haven't had a proper listen to eet.