NEurope

New Crystal Castles album is online, folks. If you, say, knew where to look.

Confusingly self titled the same as their last album, which amuses me. Check out the dates.

So far so good. More of the same, with dub influences here and there plus a techno lilt. I'll report back in full.

Is the album not called Crystal Castles II or something? Either way thankyou for this briiiilliant news. I actually came here to spread the strange news that Crystal Castles new album, which was releasing in mid-June...has been brought forward to this week. That's crazy, I fear for the sales in-store too, as knowing the HMV I used to work at new album orders are usually done with 1 or 2 weeks notice. Not 2 months, and this is too close to be ordered in. Unless it's a head office matter. Or whatever!

Regardless, I'm off to hunt it dooown. Cheers Darington.

Oh shit! I just realised I heard track 2, Celestica, on the radio the other day (Radio 1, think it was the Surgery or Switch or something) and fucking loved it, but didn't catch who it was. I had a sneaky suspicion it might have been Crystal Castles though and was right. And shit, it's such a TUNE.

I'll be buying that. And no, it is just called Crystal Castles again.

The cover is awesome too.

CrystalCastles2010Album.jpg

---

This too is great:

album-kaleidoscope.jpg

Kaleidoscope - Kelis

Kelis is so much more than Milkshake (though that's good IMO).

New video.

The xx - Islands

The more I listen to this album the more I love it.

Re: The Xx, I like them enough, and appreciate their stuff, it's nice, but I keep finding it quite hard for it to completely click. But then I don't own so it's sporadic listenings as opposed to proper run-throughs.

However in my friends car last night, Crystalised on the radio stunned my inebriated brain. Lovely, soothing noises.

I think I'll just buy it and see if it all clicks into place more. :)

---

I really like Katie Melua's new song. Considering she's very "nice and polite" as a performer, it's quite epic, and a nice new direction for her (It's produced by William Orbit).

I've been listening to the album for over a month on/off and it less clicked and more dawned on me.

That KM video is weird. I really want a piano like that. It's like a bucking bronco. Quite like the song.

Edited by Daft

Yeah, I was thinking that. Somehow it adds so much to the song.

Now I have so much musak to buy;

Jonsi - Go

The Xx - The Xx

I can't remember what else. I think loads come out in June. Crystal Castles (physical), Robyn, Kelis etc.

ALSO M.I.A

miabornfree.gif

Edited by Paj!

I really need to catch up on a lot of music. The XX, LCD, Crystal Castles, MGMT and I'm sure there's more.

Yes yes yes!! Someone has finally uploaded The Boy Least Likely To's 'A Fairytale Ending' (for some reason their 2nd album isn't on Spotify and until recently this hasn't been on YouTube):

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The Boy Least Likely To - A Fairytale Ending

If I die I want that played at my funeral. I expect someone here to help with this :heh: (help with the funeral music part, not the dying Razz)

Speaking of, they released the new EP the other day:

166255369.jpg

Wonderful. A brilliantly twee happy-on-the-outside-dead-on-the-inside band. "I wish I could just empty out my brain and fill it up with happy thoughts for a change" Plus featured in the new iPhone advert (which amuses me because they act like speakerphone technology is something only they have).

Kate Nash's album was actually a bit of a let down for me. Not as good as the predecessor! Especially the random rant song.

Foals new album is also okay. Not great, more chilled out as it was supposed to be but I prefer the previous instalment.

Waiting for 65daysofstatic album to come out on Monday! Wooooooo :bouncy:

frsm-844.jpg

65daysofstatic: I have it, it's bloody good, if a little over the top in places. Might be seeing them next weekend, for added winpoints. Track called Dance Dance Dance (Murakami ref?) is particularly good.

Agreed on Foals, it's fairly good, though I wish they'd just give us a bit more Hummer-esque indiewin.

Also: Crystal Castles have blatantly just named the album the same so it's more irritating to download, urgh. That track's grown on me, Celestiawhatevrr.

Also: got a single to review for the paper which Pajchair might enjoy

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Bit of a poor man's BFL / J-Noo / Bjork but it's still worth a listen.

And look kids! No mention of LCD!

Who is that? I hate when people don't mention. Is it Alessi's Ark? Chair and I saw her/met her the other night supporting Laura Marling.

EDIT: Just checked manually by quoting then doing it in video form. Jesca Hoop. Heard of, never heard. A bit derivative and been-there.

Edited by Paj!

Seeing Chew Lips on Monday on behalf of the student rag.

Not a band I'm totally sold on. Tiggs is an incredible vocalist- easily of the best new singers this year- but her band don't make music half as gripping. Should be interesting to see how they come across on stage.

Anyone remember Train? pretty much only known over here for Drops of Jupiter almost 10 years ago now. Kinda rediscovered them over the last few days and am in the process of giving all their albums a listen. Started with the new one, Save me, San Francisco and I really like it. Nothing amazing, just really easy to listen too.

Two favourites so far.

Soul Sister.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Save Me, San Francisco.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Man I love this album. LOVE it. Her voice is fantastic and man can she rap well, it's a shame she stopped making music because this album and The Score are two of my favourite albums ever. To Zion, I Used To Love Him, Forgive Them Father and Can't Take My Eyes Off of You, brilliant tracks.

Recent tuneage:

Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix) - Yeah Yeah Yeahs A running tune if there ever was one.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Bachelorette - Tori Amos Absolutely increds considering it was a complete improvisation/done in one take, and the bursting into laughter at the end is cute.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Beaches & Friends (Hey Champ Remix) - French Horn Rebellion which reminds me of my time in NYC.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Borrowed Time - A Fine Frenzy

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Psychobabble - Frou Frou

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Playing Your Song - Hole I love how her vocals go all askew from the distaste she's expressing.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I really want some more good electronica, I just can't be arsed to look for it.

Edited by Razz

That A-Trak remix was slick. Just what I needed. Kinda crunchy.

Just saw it was on Spotify as well. Ace.

I really like Katie Melua's new song. Considering she's very "nice and polite" as a performer, it's quite epic, and a nice new direction for her (It's produced by William Orbit).

Goddmanit! This has been stuck on repeat.

Actually liked everything Razz posted :o! Although the Amos one sounds a bit like she has a stuffed up nose. But it was okay. As far as me and Amos go anyway.

Oh and Let Go is the best (or at least my favourite :p) Frou Frou song.

Edited by Ashley

I've heard that Heads Will Roll music in clubs before I think. It's loverly.

Hole too...loved them for years though, and seeing them very soon! But for some reason I never loved the Celebrity Skin album as much as I've been told I should. It's all good, but the sounds I hear just aren't as appealing as Live Through This.

Actually liked everything Razz posted :o! Although the Amos one sounds a bit like she has a stuffed up nose. But it was okay. As far as me and Amos go anyway.

Oh and Let Go is the best (or at least my favourite :p) Frou Frou song.

I actually think it adds to it, it's quite organic. I love how she's just chatting shit throughout as well, and clearly can't think of anything to say so she mumbles random sounds/syllables. The piano is great as well, like I'm not a great pianist at all but just the thought of making something cohesive up like that on the spot is unfathomable.

I need to explore more Frou Frou. I know I'd like it, but it's that laziness again.

Yeah, Let Go is the only Frou Frou one that lingers in my mind when I think of the album.

I need to explore more Frou Frou. I know I'd like it, but it's that laziness again.

I prefer the idea of Imogen on her own more.

Recommend a song beginning with N

Now Now - St. Vincent

Thanks. You reminded me I've been meaning to check this out for a while;

Saw a coming soon preview a while ago and kept forgetting to look out for the whole thing.

Interesting.

Its not hard. There's only one album.