NEurope

Chemical Brothers new album 'Further' is out in June. It's an 8 track album so you could be forgiven for thinking its too little. However they've released the track Escape Velocity onto Youtube which will be part of the album, and it's a 12 minute beast.

:bowdown:

Wasn't even aware there was a new Chemical Brothers album on the horizon. Excellent!

Blink 182 are coming to Aberdeen, I just got tickets.

Awesome.

Awesome.

:bowdown:

Wasn't even aware there was a new Chemical Brothers album on the horizon. Excellent!

Yeah in June. New tour, too...

Awesome.

Awesome.

Are they still alive / making music?

The most obvious answer would be; no, zombie Blink 182 are going to play a gig in Aberdeen after they all died in a horrible blimp accident, making it the worst blimp accident since the Hindenburg disaster.

The most obvious answer would be; no, zombie Blink 182 are going to play a gig in Aberdeen after they all died in a horrible blimp accident, making it the worst blimp accident since the Hindenburg disaster.

Are they still alive / making music?

Wikipedia reference-link

During an interview after their reunion announcement, Travis confirmed that they had been in the studio since December 2008 writing and recording new material. Each member had brought in their own musical ideas and songs, while also writing new material together. Blink 182 also revisited older demos they had written in 2004, before they went on indefinite hiatus.[20] A new single, titled "Up All Night," has been announced for the new album. On January 25, Tom DeLonge stated that blink-182 was in discussion to release a new album in 2011.[21][22] On January 26, however, Hoppus stated via Twitter that 2011 is "too far away" and will do everything he can do to release the new album in 2010. [23]

The summer tour was at first mentioned during the reformation, though no concrete information was given until April 7, 2009 when website buzznet.com stated that Weezer would be supporting Blink-182 on their upcoming tour. The May 28, 2009 issue of Rolling Stone magazine later added Fall Out Boy, in addition to Weezer, as an opener for the tour.[24] Official tour dates were announced on May 15, 2009 on Billboard.com; the well-received tour lasted from July 23 in Las Vegas, Nevada and ended on October 3 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Several additional dates were added to make up for the shows cancelled due to DJ-AM's passing. [25] In December 2009, Hoppus announced that the trio will embark on a European tour in Summer 2010 including headlining the Reading and Leeds Festivals.[26][27]" target="new">At the 51st Grammy Awards ceremony on February 8, 2009, all three members of the band appeared onstage for the first time since December 2004.[5] Barker announced the band's reformation, stating that "we used to play music together, and we decided we're going to play music together again," with Hoppus adding, "Blink-182 is back!" A message appeared on the band's website the same day stating "To put it simply, We're back. We mean, really back. Picking up where we left off and then some. In the studio writing and recording a new album."[5] The band also updated their "smiley face" logo to feature six arrows instead of the previous five.[19]

During an interview after their reunion announcement, Travis confirmed that they had been in the studio since December 2008 writing and recording new material. Each member had brought in their own musical ideas and songs, while also writing new material together. Blink 182 also revisited older demos they had written in 2004, before they went on indefinite hiatus.[20] A new single, titled "Up All Night," has been announced for the new album. On January 25, Tom DeLonge stated that blink-182 was in discussion to release a new album in 2011.[21][22] On January 26, however, Hoppus stated via Twitter that 2011 is "too far away" and will do everything he can do to release the new album in 2010. [23]

The summer tour was at first mentioned during the reformation, though no concrete information was given until April 7, 2009 when website buzznet.com stated that Weezer would be supporting Blink-182 on their upcoming tour. The May 28, 2009 issue of Rolling Stone magazine later added Fall Out Boy, in addition to Weezer, as an opener for the tour.[24] Official tour dates were announced on May 15, 2009 on Billboard.com; the well-received tour lasted from July 23 in Las Vegas, Nevada and ended on October 3 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Several additional dates were added to make up for the shows cancelled due to DJ-AM's passing. [25] In December 2009, Hoppus announced that the trio will embark on a European tour in Summer 2010 including headlining the Reading and Leeds Festivals.[26][27]

Song that's been on repeat loads for me. Pretty "...:p" but I just love Nicki Minaj's bits and the urgency.

(poor quality)

---

Also, Rufus Wainwright's new album is really, really good. Just him and a piano, and it's brilliant. (considering he's normally quite theatrical/OTT)

Rght I got given a copy of Common's 2001 album For Water Like Chocolate. Love the sound of this album, it's perfect. Common isn't the best rapper but above all he is a poet, and probably one of the best. It's a shame hip hop to most people is just what is on tv/radio rotation because stuff like this is beautiful. If any of you have the chance, check out the grammy nominated song of it called 'The Light', which is one of hip hop's treasured love songs. The video and song is just beautiful, and the entire thing is so well delivered. There's a particular line in it along the lines of:

'I'd never called you my bitch, or even my boo

There's so much more to a name and so much more to you'

Rappers nowadays should learn from that instead of continuing to kill off what is left of that proper hip hop sound.

That was...I wanna say enjoyable but it sounds like the wrong word? You know what I mean, I liked it. Oh and the 'it' in question is The Light.

My favourite overly-cheery (in tempo and other musical terms I forget the name of) song about 9/11.

Still trying to get my hands on Dost's Columbus. Where does one pick up a vinyl player nowadays?

Edited by Ashley

Rght I got given a copy of Common's 2001 album For Water Like Chocolate. Love the sound of this album, it's perfect. Common isn't the best rapper but above all he is a poet, and probably one of the best. It's a shame hip hop to most people is just what is on tv/radio rotation because stuff like this is beautiful. If any of you have the chance, check out the grammy nominated song of it called 'The Light', which is one of hip hop's treasured love songs. The video and song is just beautiful, and the entire thing is so well delivered. There's a particular line in it along the lines of:

'I'd never called you my bitch, or even my boo

There's so much more to a name and so much more to you'

Rappers nowadays should learn from that instead of continuing to kill off what is left of that proper hip hop sound.

Good track, although Spotify only had the clean version for some reason, which is faintly pointless.

That was...I wanna say enjoyable but it sounds like the wrong word? You know what I mean, I liked it. Oh and the 'it' in question is The Light.

My favourite overly-cheery (in tempo and other musical terms I forget the name of) song about 9/11.

Still trying to get my hands on Dost's Columbus. Where does one pick up a vinyl player nowadays?

Yeah I get what you mean! Nice that someone out there gave it a go :)

And a vinyl player? A decent one is hard to come by. I'd suggest ebay but I'm sure there must be a decent site that sells them. Funnily enough my friend was looking for one a while back, will see if he found one/where from.

Anyways, just downloaded Chiddy Bangs first album/mixtape, quite excited as I quite like Opposite of Adults.

www.richersounds.co.uk

I got mine from there a couple of years ago, not a bad place if you have one near by.

Song that's been on repeat loads for me. Pretty "...:p" but I just love Nicki Minaj's bits and the urgency.

(poor quality)

I like, muchly in a guilty pleasure way.

Also rediscovered Ready Or Not - The Fugees. Good times.

This song scares the bloody pants off me:

Had a fucking fearful mdma experience while this song was on loop, and now some Pavlovian tendancy makes my heart race whenever it plays. Amazing song aswell.

This song scares the bloody pants off me:

Had a fucking fearful mdma experience while this song was on loop, and now some Pavlovian tendancy makes my heart race whenever it plays. Amazing song aswell.

I love that song. Especially the way it builds effortlessly from start to finish and ends with a superb climax. It climbed to my number 3 of my most played list on iTunes within a month of me getting it (and it remains there). The top 2 are both LCD Soundsystem songs - Losing My Edge and Get Innocuous.

Actually new (recycled) idea, post top 7 played on iTunes (or whatever you most play music on) :P

1) Losing My Edge - LCD

2) Get Innocuous - LCD

3) My Girls - Animal Collective

4)Southern Point - Grizzly Bear

5) Corc - Autechre

6) Ready, Able - Grizzly Bear

7)Roygbiv - Boards Of Canada

Edited by ipaul

Ten, because I break rules!

1) The Format - A Save Situation

2) The Format - Janet

3) The Format - For You

4) Motion City Soundtrack - lgfuad

5) Elliot Smith - Whatever (Folk Song in C)

6) Phoenix - If I Ever Feel Better

7) LCD Soundsystem - New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down

8) Brand New - Me vs Maradona vs Elvis

9) Louis XIV - There's A Traitor In This Room

10) Spoon - The Underdog

And right now listening to Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Reminds me of New York :)

1) Losing My Edge - LCD

2) Get Innocuous - LCD

3) My Girls - Animal Collective

4)Southern Point - Grizzly Bear

5) Corc - Autechre

6) Ready, Able - Grizzly Bear

7)Roygbiv - Boards Of Canada

All wicked.

Mine is somewhat rubbish.

Northshore - Tegan and Sara

Born on a Horse - Biffy Clyro

Whorses - Biffy Clyro

Bubbles - Biffy Clyro

Cloud of Stink - Biffy Clyro

The Cure - Tegan and Sara

Basically Only Revolutions / Sainthood, as they were they were downloaded prerealease, diditleak. Meh, Spotify ftw these days.

In other news: White Stripes live album = really fucking good

Fell in love with a girl is still one of my favesevrrrr

I'm scared that people might not be aware of how lovely Laura is;

And by lovely I mean ridiculously talented.

My top 7:

Relief Next To Me - Tegan and Sara (115 plays)

Rocket's Tail - Kate Bush (102 plays)

Like O, Like H - Tegan and Sara (99 plays)

I Was Married - Tegan and Sara (98 plays)

Cornflake Girl - Tori Amos (96 plays)

Hounds Of Love - Kate Bush (94 plays)

Emily - Joanna Newsom (93 plays)

I love. All too essential.

I'm scared that people might not be aware of how lovely Laura is;

And by lovely I mean ridiculously talented.

Yes!

Thanks for posting the video, I'd not watched it yet. :)

Mmm, I just sat back, full screened the video and took in the beauty of it all.

She has grown up so much. :grin:

Now to ruin all that with my most played songs are.

1. Muse – Knights Of Cydonia 329

2. Miley Cyrus – 7 Things 328

3. Miley Cyrus – Fly On The Wall 308

4. Miley Cyrus – Breakout 302

5. Miley Cyrus – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun 279

6. Miley Cyrus – The Driveway 260

7. Miley Cyrus – Bottom Of The Ocean 257

8. Nelly Furtado – Do It 241

9. Miley Cyrus – Full Circle 237

10. Miley Cyrus – Wake Up America 236

I love that song. Especially the way it builds effortlessly from start to finish and ends with a superb climax. It climbed to my number 3 of my most played list on iTunes within a month of me getting it (and it remains there). The top 2 are both LCD Soundsystem songs - Losing My Edge and Get Innocuous.

Actually new (recycled) idea, post top 7 played on iTunes (or whatever you most play music on) :P

1) Losing My Edge - LCD 104

2) Get Innocuous - LCD 75

3) My Girls - Animal Collective 63

4)Southern Point - Grizzly Bear 59

5) Corc - Autechre 54

6) Ready, Able - Grizzly Bear 52

7)Roygbiv - Boards Of Canada 50

Edited with play amount. Autechre are the only English ones on there, I've branched out a bit recently to more American music.

My top 7:

Relief Next To Me - Tegan and Sara (115 plays)

Rocket's Tail - Kate Bush (102 plays)

Like O, Like H - Tegan and Sara (99 plays)

I Was Married - Tegan and Sara (98 plays)

Cornflake Girl - Tori Amos (96 plays)

Hounds Of Love - Kate Bush (94 plays)

Emily - Joanna Newsom (93 plays)

I love. All too essential.

I am somewhat surprised by Bjork's absence. Even if the list itself is almost completely unsurprising =P

I'm surprised by Emily. What is 93 plays? Considering its 12 minutes long.

And Rocket's Tail. But then, it is Kate Bush's best song.