NEurope

Imogen Heap covers the winner of Music Warz Vol. I - Cornflake Girl

Alanis Morisette - My Humps

Haha, that's brilliant... I've never seen that before but it made my day, thanks Coolness :D Alanis instantly makes the song more 'listenable' for me anyway, I love the fact that it's so relevant too what with it apparently being an April Fools joke on Fergie three years ago - I researched it and apparently she loved it too - and the fact that it's almost April 1st.

I'm giving Aim & Ignite a go, Ashley. I'd given a few of their songs a listen ages ago, so I know what they sound like superficially, but i'll see what I think of the whole thing.

Ashley is a bit evangelical about them, but I'd like you to know that I also love their album.

Ashley+Me surely means correct. Surely? Surely.

(And my kids love them too - they span generations. I ripped a song of theirs (at least I'm ...) from youtube and stuck it on a dvd for them. Now my daughter is all like "oh, yeah, the next song is the one with Nate, yeah daddy?")

Ashley is a bit evangelical about them, but I'd like you to know that I also love their album.

Ashley+Me surely means correct. Surely? Surely.

(And my kids love them too - they span generations. I ripped a song of theirs (at least I'm ...) from youtube and stuck it on a dvd for them. Now my daughter is all like "oh, yeah, the next song is the one with Nate, yeah daddy?")

The Mormon is calling me evangelical? :heh:

Bless your kids. Which version of At Least I'm Not did you rip? Because the London gigs have two Nates as the bassist (the person who looks like Razz, right Razz?) is also called Nate. When I next see them I'll be sure to tell Nate he has a five year old fan :heh:

Samantha - Hole. It rocks me so hard.

People like you FUCK people like me FUCK people like you FUCK people like me! [/lather, rinse, repeat]

Because the London gigs have two Nates as the bassist (the person who looks like Razz, right Razz?) is also called Nate.

I neither endorse nor agree with this heinous statement.

The audio is decent and the video is high quality. The kids' dvd also has dog problems on it and the compromise; good kid-friendly vids.

Anyways, yeah you're the preacher! [Evidence withheld]

Imogen Heap covers the winner of Music Warz Vol. I - Cornflake Girl

An attempted joke. Mildly interesting.

--

I didn't finish the fun. album, I got half way through. It was fine/nice from what I heard. I will finish it, but it was overall nice. Bits reminded me of Mika though. Not many, but bits. :woops:

God, listening to Joanna Newsom when you're depressed or on a comedown, is like placing a lead weight on your metaphysical soul. Can't deal with it right now. Need something uplifting.

Also: We need to stop talking about her. I'm beginning to annoy myself.

That might be one of my favourite live performances ever. Wish I could see them live! So excited for the new album out in May :D

That might be one of my favourite live performances ever. Wish I could see them live! So excited for the new album out in May :D

Say what? LCD Soundsystem live? I think I'm seeing them in but three or so weeks! But yeah. Should be fanasmically epic. All My Friends, perhaps one of the greatest songs ever.

That's how it starts.

Also, they got that new track out innit. S'alright.

I need to say this definitively, once and for all:

For me, Have One On Me has raised the bar for what music can be, and what it can do. Never before have I been struck by a song like I have been struck by Baby Birch.

Now it needs to sleep, and never again to be roused. I need to send discussion about it to the Farplane, for the sake of everything and everyone involved.

Be at peace, baby, and begone.

Haha, that's [original adjective]... I've never seen that before but it made my day, thanks Coolness :D Alanis instantly makes the song more 'listenable' for me anyway, I love the fact that it's so relevant too what with it apparently being an April Fools joke on Fergie three years ago - I researched it and apparently she loved it too - and the fact that it's almost April 1st.

Yesyesyes! : peace:

I only found it the other day, I didn't actually know all that information that's cool. :D

One Piece first Opening sung by the Strawhat Pirates. :grin: Minus a couple who weren't part of them at the time!

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! :heart:FILLS MY HEART WITH JOY, FR SRS! :hehe:

The guy who was in my (and Chair's) year at school is gaining popularity very fast and it's quite surreal.

He's been on TV a bit recently, GMTV, T4 and stuff, and now his single enters iTunes chart at 40 -something.

It's just weird.

Oh well. It's not an awful song. It's been stuck in my head for a while.

Hai Ben Shepherd.

I don't get that Newsom is that big of a deal. I mean, she's good, but you guys are engaging in some serious hyperbole.

I don't get that Newsom is that big of a deal. I mean, she's stunning, but you guys are engaging in some serious hyperbole.

Haaaaave you met Chair and Paj?

I don't get that Newsom is that big of a deal. I mean, she's [original adjective], but you guys are engaging in some serious hyperbole.

Yeah, it's hyperbole, my life hasn't changed it's course because of her, or anything (even if we may write that it has...:woops:).

BUT

[iMO] She is an extraordinary, unique talent. It's like she is such a cut above the rest it's ridiculous. Everything else is kinda below her. (imo, regarding the stuff I like/listen to) [/iMO]

It's not like with most artists where they have 1 or 2 songs with a really interesting or arresting image that you think "Wow, that relates to me/the topic really unusually but effectively!", almost all her stuff is meticulously crafted to fuck you in the face.

She, for me, manages to convey things no one else has/is (in the same way), the complexities not only technically of her material, but more importantly...lyrically, melodically whatever. She just addresses things you'd never think about; a mothers decision to abort (despite seemingly loving) her unborn child, as she unconciously stream-of-conciousness-ly links the lives of her and her partner with a possible future in which her baby was born.

For example.

And that was probably quite exaggerated as it is. But it's how it is for me.

Personally, I find the lyric thing a bit over baked. She says alot but rarely hits on a refrain or hook that evokes a particular emotional reaction. By comparison, Interpol hardly use any words but evoke a much stronger response.

fvvh3a.jpg

Oooooooookaaaay...whatever works for you. :wink:

*looks away, smiling*

p.s I don't mind Interpol.

I agree with Dan, to an extent (as I don't really know much Interpol). People like Newson say nothing to me about my life (that lyric really is quite useful). Obviously not all music has to speak about me (e.g. Justice, although I did just come here to bounce) but it helps. And when someone is lyrically based if those lyrics don't snap, then I'm just not particularly interested.

(I think that made less sense as it went along).

And the use of that gif makes you seem like an arrogant cunt. But I presume that was the ironic intent :heh:

And the use of that gif makes you seem like an arrogant cunt. But I presume that was the ironic intent :heh:

Yeah it was a joke.

Because as you say it depends on how you connect with it.

I find her [original adjective] because I haven't ever been a monkey married to a bear/ found myself transformed into a puppet/ been moved to try and get a dead bird to fly again by climbing the treetops, or whatever.

But she makes me feel I have. There's almost TOO much stuff that connects with me on the level of "Oh that's relates exactly to me." (as in there's loads of music dealing with the same things the same way). I think that's why I value her...I get the same (a more powerful) emotive response from her, despite the events detailed only mirroring my life in metaphor or symbolism or whatever.

also: anyone you need to read the lyric sheet for to understand is doing it wrong.

because music should be above having to resort to that. It should be more effective.

Surely in Joanna Newsom's case reading the lyrics is just what people do cause no one can be bothered to just sit down and listen to it without distractions? (or don't have time).

Listening to music on iTunes while doing a million other things on the net (usually how I end up listening to my music) isn't condusive to taking music in. That's not her fault.

I understand why you're saying (I think); that you'd prefer it were short and sweet, and that to you the length and in-depth/convoluted/whatever the word is lyrics shouldn't be there cause they confuse the points she's trying to make (if any).

Have One On Me is that, to me. YS is far harder to penetrate (except melodically, where it's far more superficially accessible).

ANYWAY LET'S CHANGE TOPIC.

Edited by Paj!