NEurope

There is nothing like FUCKING heavy syncopated rhythms and the guttural roar of guitars to get you pumped for a morning...American Romanticism lecture. Oh yes.

I feel as if people don't understand maddening rage, structured and asbtracted in musical form well enough. Nyaaaaaa. Sorry, it's morning. Morning rage.

There is nothing that can wake you up like sounds of someone screaming in your ear, fuck coffee.

Been listening trough the discography of 3 Inches Of Blood, good stuff.

Will definetly listen to them regularly.

Need to get back into the metal scene, been having a bit off a fall out from it the past few months.

I defy until I clutch the CD in my clammy clasps.

I bought the single off iTunes, so calm down.

It got a good review from Q.

They also reviewed the live gig (Miike Snow and I Blame CoCo) Alex Gardner supported. Said he was good, but lacked a killer single. *shrugs*

Feels strange, the fame, the fame, doing it for the.

Wow, this is properly good.

On first listen I'm already captivated by the first three tracks. She just has a maturity beyond her years.

I'm impressed. :grin: I was listening to it this afternoon so got about 3-4 plays done!

I shall be buying it off iTunes when it comes out. :) Since I got a iTunes voucher! I have about £7 left on it having bought Gorillaz Plastic Beach.

Oh yeah,

BIG NEWS! :p

I bought a new iPod Nano. It's pink and awesome!!! It came with a £15 iTunes card.

My dad helped pay for it which was extremely kind of him. :heart:

I didn't realise how much I actually use it before I lost it! It feels like a part of me has been re-attached. I'm happy. :)

I wrote a really long and meandering thing about how Baby Birch by Joanna Newsom is one of the most emotive and brilliant pieces of song-writing I've ever heard. But I didn't post it.

I wrote a really long and meandering thing about how Baby Birch by Joanna Newsom is one of the most emotive and brilliant pieces of song-writing I've ever heard. But I didn't post it.

That's a shame... it would have got read and appreciated by a good few people on here I'm sure, like 'Field of Dreams' in forum form...

'If you post it, they will come...'

The last verse critically hits.

I saw a rabbit,

as slick as a knife,

and as pale as a candlestick,

and I had thought it'd be harder to do,

but I caught her, and skinned her quick:

held her there,

kicking and mewling,

upended, unspooling, unsung and blue;

told her "wherever you go,

little runaway bunny,

I will find you."

And then she ran,

as they're liable to do.

Be at peace baby, and begone.

-----

Crying.

Adds. Just the end when the 2 are great together. The guy is a bit annoying, but you deal.

I've been listening to Shakespear's Sister recently, after hearing a song by them that was really good, and realising they weren't just a one hit wonder from the 90's.

Also been listening to The XX. This song is sublime (after at least 3 listens):

Edited by Pancake

We've had a bit of nice weather here in the past week or so, plus we all know that spring is on its way.

I feel this song perfectly illustrates the current weather and as we enter spring:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I'm actually quite indifferent to Santigold's song on Here Lies Love. It might make more sense in context of the album when that finally comes out, but it just come across as a bit formless and meandering.

I really like it. As in, I've listened about 12 times, and still loving. I just love her as an artist; I can't put my finger on why, apart from the fact all her songs are really well written.

It just really doesn't move me in any way. I kinda hate the actual music, it's like a cycle of taking-you-nowhere-but-isnt-stunning-enough-not-to.

And I don't find her vocals affectations enough to make it interesting. I much prefer her own songs.

Yeah I watched that [Hot Chip] in the library earlier. Felt a bit weird/awkward because while I know it was parodying boybands the dumb rugby players next to me wouldn't. Then...the end.

Thats what I thought too. It needed to be sillier, or include the actual band to show that it's a parody if it wanted to come across correctly to the masses.

To be fair I don't think its a video designed for the masses anyway. It will only really be shown on MTV 2 and anyone who doesn't flick over is someone who will know that's not the band.

Besides, they're in it toward the end.

Goldfrapp - Dreaming. From the new album Head First.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Nom.

Yessaid.

It truly is a brilliant album indeed, well deserving of 'classic' status... I've just listened to it once again and I actually feel for the first time the whole album actually 'clicked' with me... I've always loved it but I never felt like I truly 'got' it until today, but now that I do its become that much more to me. :)