NEurope

I think this is the song which officially transformed me to being a "little monster" as they're called, I think. Such beautiful vocal talent being shown off here. If only more of her stuff was like this, however I do quite like her dance stuff too though.

I'll just post the link because whenever I use the other buttons either the video or the audio just doesn't seem to come up :/

Edited by Frank

You see the bit after the "watch?v=" on the youtube url? You just need to put that code into one of the Youtube tags, and it should work fine.

The end, where she started to play the piano like a real gud 1, was

best-damn-thing.jpg

/ not that good, but still entertaining.

Edited by chairdriver

Hmmm still not sold on GaGa. She's a good pianist, but she sells herself out in the sense she'd rather prance around in a banana skin than actually do something talented. Not to mention the fact she doesn't represent me as a gay person either. I don't like all this idolatry.

I just base all my lovin' on Bad Romance. Considering it just stuns.

And this bit adds, when you bear in mind its an Alfred Hitchcock reference:

"I want your Psycho, your Vertigo stick.

I want you in my Rear Window, baby you're sick."

You see the bit after the "watch?v=" on the youtube url? You just need to put that code into one of the Youtube tags, and it should work fine.

Ok I'll try it out...

Edit: Yes! It worked, mwa ha ha!

I owe you one magical wish Razz.

Noticed that reference too!

Have you ever seen her perform 'Bad Romance' on Ellen? The acoustic part is magical.

How did anyone not get the Hitchcock reference...? :blank:

Also, RE: PJ Harvey's new song

I love.

It gives me so many funny images I can't help but chuckle and proceed to imagine hugging her.

Throwing in a few Hitchcock film titles is hardly stunning. Hell, Coronation Street did a better one ("you're Norman Bates with a briefcase"). Or there is this.

The only thing I enjoy about BR is that I now occasionally greet my friend whose surname is Rafferty with "Rah Rah Rafferty". And I still doth protest that the chorus is fine, but the verses are blurgh.

But that's just me. I'm a miserable so and so.

blondiepanic.jpg

Blondie's first album in 6 years in out in June, titled Panic of Girls. Should be interesting...I liked their last one, and Debbie Harry managed to make a pretty good solo album a few years back too.

New Crystal Castles album is online, folks. If you, say, knew where to look.

Confusingly self titled the same as their last album, which amuses me. Check out the dates.

So far so good. More of the same, with dub influences here and there plus a techno lilt. I'll report back in full.

Blondie, eh? Not convinced of the point. They always struck me as a band of their time.

Just gave the Glee Madonna LP a listen. I am in love. Why did they not let the bitchy cheerleader sing sooner? She sounds great on Like A Virgin.

Anyway.

4 Minutes - Purely for Kurt.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

They've done Like A Virgin, What It Feels Like For A Girl, Express Yourself (One of my favourite Madonna songs. Absolutely love it to bits), Borderline/Open Your Heart, Like A Prayer and 4 Minutes.

I just saw that video a moment ago. I quite liked it.

Continuing the Kraftwerk, I have been listening to Computer World and Trans Europe Express a lot recently. I swear they have around 5 albums which are just excellent and yet, these manage to stand out even more.

Oh, Spike. Do more stuff forever.

I saw that the other day, wondered how it was quite so awesome, involvement of Spike Jonze explains it. Win.

The album is so good, in case people aren't bored of me saying so yet.

Also: Arcade Fire are doing a thing with Spike I hear, exciting.

Fuck, why did no one warn me about Jonsi?

I've been depressed for so long, when I could just be listening to this and loving my life.

I love Kate Nashs new album. :grin:

It is enjoyment in my ears from TOP to BOTTOM.

Good to walk along to. :D

My idiot brother was talking on his phone at about 2 in the morning, and I couldn't get to sleep. So, I decided to put some music on, something to help me relax.

Most of my CDs are still packed away from moving back home (need to unpack them) but I had Doves - Lost Souls in my room. So, decided to play that.

Has to be one of my favourite albums. It's got this particular mood and feeling throughout, like looking at a bonfire in a field: comforting, yet there is something a bit entrancing about it.

and finally:

My only complaint is that, when I initially bought the album, Catch The Sun was probably the "stand-out" title. It was the song that most people would probably like off the album, it's a song that would go down well in most places. It's a bit more upbeat, I guess. At the time, I thought that the song sounded massively out of place on this album. It didn't seem to fit the more sombre mood, and was a bit too lively. Sadly, after all these years, I still feel the same. The song would have gone down a treat had they placed it on the second album, and then possibly moved Satellites from that album on to this one. It's a great song, but I think it's on the wrong album. If that makes sense.

My only complaint is that, when I initially bought the album, Catch The Sun was probably the "stand-out" title. It was the song that most people would probably like off the album, it's a song that would go down well in most places. It's a bit more upbeat, I guess. At the time, I thought that the song sounded massively out of place on this album. It didn't seem to fit the more sombre mood, and was a bit too lively. Sadly, after all these years, I still feel the same. The song would have gone down a treat had they placed it on the second album, and then possibly moved Satellites from that album on to this one. It's a great song, but I think it's on the wrong album. If that makes sense.

Story of my life. Most record companies demand a band/artist have a "lead single"; sad, because music whose intent is to be commercially successful is invariably less inspiring than music with intent otherwise.

I'm still clapping at Drag City, who released Joanna Newsom's Ys. Just generally a massive commercial risk, considering it cost so much to make (because of the orchestra, and album packaging), and has no obvious hook-and-reel-in song or element. But then you can tell they were like "We can't not release this."

Edited by chairdriver

Story of my life. Most record companies demand a band/artist have a "lead single"; music whose intent is to be commercially successful is invariably less inspiring than music with intent otherwise.

I prefer albums to have this connection running throughout. A kind of feeling, something that ties it altogether. That's what stops an album being just a collection of songs, it's one complete package to me. I like that idea of "whole-ness."

If you listen to the album, unfortunately the song does stick out. It's a great song, but it could have done to be on the other album. The Man Who Told Everything (the video is in my other post) and The Cedar Room were also pushed as singles from the album, and they were the first and third singles. Catch the Sun being the one in the middle, and definitely more accessible to a wider audience.

You never know, it could have been a choice by the artist themselves. They didn't really achieve "greater popularity" until the first single (There Goes The Fear) off the second album (The Last Broadcast) was released anyway.

I've just seen my friend's iPod; he's only got albums which he rates 4 or 5 stars on it, so it's really really ridiculously concise.

Of course the first 5 artists were

Animal Collective

Antony & The Johnsons

Arcade Fire

Bat For Lashes

Beyonce (I love the most. Of course I Am... is on there)

I wish I could be so concise in my life.

[/random thing I needed to document]

Kate Nash's album was actually a bit of a let down for me. Not as good as the predecessor! Especially the random rant song.

Foals new album is also okay. Not great, more chilled out as it was supposed to be but I prefer the previous instalment.

Waiting for 65daysofstatic album to come out on Monday! Wooooooo :bouncy: