NEurope

Bonaparte - Do You Want To Party?

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Bonaparte - Anti Anti

Bonaparte - Too Much

First song I've heard of them was Too Much and I found it incredibly annyoing. After listening to some more of Bonaparte I fell in love with their music. Very catchy. :grin:

Three words: Origin Of Symmetry

also

Gorillaz - Demon Days

Yes! OoS is the deffinition of excellent music, good one! Demon Days is a bloody brilliant album too.

Oh, and I'm listening to Green Day's new album right now. It's actually pretty bloody good! I can't help but think Queen whilst listening to most of the tracks though. There's also elements of 60's music, pop and thier old-school style shoved in there. It works really well though!

Also Jagged Little Pill is indeed great - I have oft listened to it throughout when I was growing up due to my mum being a fan of Alanis Morisette, she would often put the album on in the car and of course back then - when I was younger - I loved it for the - very clearly pronounced - curse word in 'You Oughta Know' :D lol but of course now I've matured and I can appreciate that track and indeed the album for its rawness and intensity. :)

I love that you used oft. Ridiculously appropriate.

I love the anger of You Oughta Know. And I love that I don't feel uneasy playing it in the car with my family, because it's a stunning use of a swear word/mention of going down on someone in a cinema. Feels appropriate to swear in that context.

Just got me a copy of The Eminem Show. Oh dear, it's incredibly good. Shame how modern rap sucks so much in comparism.

'Now I would never diss my own momma just to get recognition,

Take a second to think about who this record is dissin'

but put yourself in my position,

just try to envision,

your momma poppin prescription pills in the kitchen'

Absoutely incredible. Em's delivery back then was the best of any artist i've ever come across.

I have one song by them, it was alright. What I've heard from them is overall interesting.

---

I love when you look at albums on iTunes (or even on the CD) and they all have really interesting titles. Not P!ATD /Fall Out Boy shit. I mean ones that pertain to the songs, but are visually striking and memorable.

I have Taylor Swift's album and how anyone is meant to diffrentiate the song is beyind me. It's all like "You..." something, "My.." something. Looking at Sinead O'Connor's album, all the song titles are memorable.

I Am Stretched On Your Grave, Three Babies, Black Boys on Mopeds, The Last Day Of Our Acquaintance. Even Nothing Compares 2 U justifies the l33t spelling here, it would be the most pedestrian title on the album otherwise.

Anyone else find albums/artists that understand the importance of titles intriguing?

Just got me a copy of The Eminem Show. Oh dear, it's incredibly good. Shame how modern rap sucks so much in comparism.

'Now I would never diss my own momma just to get recognition,

Take a second to think about who this record is dissin'

but put yourself in my position,

just try to envision,

your momma poppin prescription pills in the kitchen'

Absoutely incredible. Em's delivery back then was the best of any artist i've ever come across.

Eminem is the only rapper I actually enjoy listening to. Got his greatest hits album back out recently due to his new song (which I don't particularly like, incidentally). Some good stuff. My favourite song is definately Without Me.

Weird how even if you dislike a genre in general, there always seems to be one artist you you don't mind. For example I tend to hate crappy female pop singers, but I don't mind Lily Allen. I tend to hate rap music, but I don't mind Eminem.

Listening to Silent Force by Within Temptation, one of the many albums I've been given for my birthday. It's sooooooo good. Very melodic but it's got enough of an edge to the lyrics and instruments to make it stand above the man other gothic rock bands, although WT are more symphonic rock. Sharon den Adel has such a great voice; very soft and conveys emotion perfectly. The blending of the guitar riffs and the orchestral pieces and choir singing is really breathtaking. So many rock/metal bands purposefully distance themselves from using orchestras and choirs in their music but I think it's something that they should all try, as long as they have the right piece of music, because it really does create a truly amazing sound.

I'm giving The Con a listen today. I'm quite enjoying it. The harmonies are excellent, and the music is quite satisfying. I've not gotten to grips with it lyrically yet but I'm sure I'll come around to it there in a couple of runs time.

Anyone on here like Ratatat? They're awesome.

Aye, brilliant band, found them via NE i believe.. I have LP3, tis good.

Can anyone any good solo piano music? I need more nice things to learn :)

Bear McCreary has done some great stuff on the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack, and Im enjoying Philip Glass's work... like the stuff below.

I'm giving The Con a listen today. I'm quite enjoying it. The harmonies are excellent, and the music is quite satisfying. I've not gotten to grips with it lyrically yet but I'm sure I'll come around to it there in a couple of runs time.

It's their best album. It's just undescribably compact and lovely. Chair's favourite album I think.

I'm giving The Con a listen today. I

In before--

It's their best album. It's just undescribably compact and lovely. Chair's favourite album I think.

...nevermind :blank:

Shit....Greenday have gone...Beatles-esque :o :o :o

Last night on Earth is pure Harrison (or lennon) :D

Edited by tapedeck

Some songs I had completely forgotten about from my teenage/school years:

I love that you used oft. Ridiculously appropriate.

I love the anger of You Oughta Know. And I love that I don't feel uneasy playing it in the car with my family, because it's a stunning use of a swear word/mention of going down on someone in a cinema. Feels appropriate to swear in that context.

I'm not sure what you mean by it being Ridiculously appropriate but I'm gonna take it as a complement :P and yeah the anger in You Oughta Know is fantastic. :)

Shit....Greenday have gone...Beatles-esque :o :o :o

Last night on Earth is pure Harrison (or lennon) :D

Yeah, I gave their new album a listen today, rather liking the new direction they've taken with some of the tracks, I think the album is more of a grower but there were definite moments where I really liked what I was hearing the first time around on a decent amount of tracks. :)

Is Green Day's new song the one that sounds like every 70's punk song in the world covered in gloss?

In before--

...nevermind :blank:

Well the fact of the matter is that it's stunning, and I feel emotionally attached to it.

I only properly heard Floorplan a year after I got the album - such a lovely occurance, when I finally realised its one of my faves. I love how they got Kaki King to play the guitar part, because neither of them could play it fast enough. It's just so Tegan and Sara.

It's strange to think I was 1 year old when this film was made.

If you listen closely, you can actually hear a whole herd of emo girls moistening themselves.

Edited by Goafer

I adore Labyrinth.

I just love how Jennifer Colloney has a stunning face. And David Bowie's crotch makes me lol.

I adore Labyrinth.

I just love how Jennifer Colloney has a stunning face. And David Bowie's crotch makes me lol.

Pretty much sums up my view on Labyrinth too. The Bowie Bulge is epic.

Random Trivia: The baby "gurgles" in Dance Magic Dance are actually done by David Bowie since the baby wouldn't make the right noises.

Is Green Day's new song the one that sounds like every 70's punk song in the world covered in gloss?

No it's the one that sounds really shit.

No it's the one that sounds really shit.

*shrugs* one single doth not make an album, there are some decent tracks on it, they are by no means my favourite band but I do enjoy listening to them sometimes when I feel like it. :heh:

Oh my gods. I think I'm in love with Longpigs.

spotify:album:1zc7H0BPloqDlMRlHbJQLq

absolutely stunning stuff. Breezy, trippy, post rock tinged 90s indie with gorgeous, poetic lyrical flair. Amazing.

Got Journal For Plague Lovers 2 Disc through the post today. This album is absolutely fantastic but for some reason the 2 disc edition doesn't have Bag Lady on it :(

Somewhat annoyingly all major UK supermarkets are selling the album in a slipcase because the cover art is too offensive for peoples eyes, I mean what would happen if a child went in and instead of seeing shelves stocked with guns and nudity they saw a piece of art. I dread to think.

828_huge.jpg

a few of my favourite songs from the album:

Williams Last Words

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This Joke Sport Severed

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

All Is Vanity

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Edit - Also got the LP and am I the only one who thinks you can't beat hearing something on vinyl?

Edited by GothicPlague