NEurope

lol, Paj. Oh yeh, I remember him. Such a legend. He didn't play the banjo often but he was pretty good for someone who couldn't play it properly (at least that's what he told us). His patrolling of the school yard on rollerblades was the best thing I've ever seen (other than a PE teacher trying to chase down a student in my year for peeing outside a classroom). Crazy, crazy man. You would never want to be on the wrong side of him cause some of the things I've seen him do to pupils is insane and scary as hell. Flipped two tables to get to someone in one of my lessons :o. Still, I managed to get away with calling him a fucker purely because he asked for a 6 letter word that described him and we had just finished watching Eddie Izzard. :D

I only had him for 2nds Physics, and didn't take it after 3rds. He left, then came back for a cameo a while back IIRC.

I have so many hilarious memories involving teachers. I remember we found a mildly drunken Ms. Hobbs (the maths teacher) under someone's bunk on the Battlefield' trip. And then when Ms. Bunclark/Mrs. Jung asked to hold the prop "Monkey's Paw" i'd made for our 4ths play, then asked "Is it wet?" really tentatively. Then when she grabbed it it she screamed and randomly thre it on the desk and started hitting it. I was in tears.

TANGENT.

Seriously, I get it, Omicron Persei 8 is an awesome planet and all, but you're living on Earth, Cube!!!

.[/color]

Haahahaha :bowdown:

@ Dan Dare - That song is so awesome!! Great film... Hayseed Dixee have a pretty great cover of Duelling Banjos as well :)

No, Alanis, I don't think those things are ironic, as you asked.

I don't like how Alanis is famous for that one song, especially when lyrics-wise its one of her least good/inspiring/fun.

Some brilliant Alanis lyrics:

I'm not threatened,

By every pair of legs you watch go by.

I don't cringe when you stare at women,

It's just a thing called "guy".

I don't notice your sideways glances,

Or where your loyalty lies.

I'm secure and out of me

It's hard to get a rise.

I'm not jealous.

I don't get moved my much.

I'm not enraged.

Not insecure, as such.

Not going insane.

Rational stays in touch.

Doth I protest too much?

Edited by chairdriver

I just love "Not insecure, as such.". And later on in the song "I'm not tortured by how oft your busy."

Stunning to use the word oft.

P!nk - Boring (Bonus Track)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Why was this just a Bonus track on Funhouse? It's so much fun, I love it to bits.

--

Rihanna - Silly Boy Feat. Lady GaGa *Demo* (Not actually them, it's just a demo intended for them)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

--

Oh! And Britneys next single is....Radar. Wierd, considering it was on Blackout too.

Edited by Slaggis

Haahahaha :bowdown:

@ Dan Dare - That song is so awesome!! Great film... Hayseed Dixee have a pretty great cover of Duelling Banjos as well :)

When I saw them live they mentioned Deliverance before they did Duelling Banjos. They were offended since the film gave people from the south a bad name. Real southern folk wouldn't have let them get away. Made me laugh something fierce.

They're a really good live band and they seem to pay attention to the venues they visit too. One of the times I went to see them at Roadmender, they complained about how they couldn't play there the year before, as it was shut.

If anyone ever gets a chance to see them live, I couldn't recommend them enough. They're funny fuckers, sort of a cross between music and stand up comedy.

Dyson's Album-A-Day Extravaganza!

Continues!

Part 3 of 7 - You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself In To by Does It Offend You, Yeah?

Decidedly average, to the point of being a boring album to listen to.

None of the songs ever seemed to build up to anything or excite me in any way which was disappointing. It's not horrible to listen to at all, just stale. One positive I can take away from the album is that my foot was tapping rapidly the entire time, but it's not an album I'd think "Oh fantastic, I'm gonna go and listen to that album".

One or two songs, perhaps that I enjoyed, in particular We Are Rockstars. Had a good beat and delivered on its' build up. Dawn Of The Dead seemed terribly out of place, which is a real shame as the song itself, outside of the album would be brilliant if you could let go of the thought "Oh, it's DIOYY..". If they went more down that typical rock route which they seemed to have real talent with, it might have been a better listen, but I certainly won't be rushing back to anymore of their stuff.

As for tomorrow, I have yet to decide on the album to check out. Shall see what I fancy. Probably something really...out there. Awesome.

My objective right now is to go through the bunch of new music I've been provided with, but I have a feeling I might grab some suggestions from this thread once I've done this run.

In unrelated news, just rediscovered how much I enjoy Funeral by Arcade Fire. Brilliant album. Shame Neon Bible didn't quite match up to it, but what second albums do? *discuss*

but what second albums do?[/b] *discuss*

Quite a lot.

Examples:

I Am A Bird Now - Antony & The Johnsons

Two Suns - Bat For Lashes

Post - Bjork

Le Fil - Camille

Ys - Joanna Newsom

A Woman A Man Walked By - PJ Harvey & John Parish

Drastic Fantastic - KT Tunstall

Rid Of Me - PJ Harvey

Actor - St. Vincent

Under The Pink - Tori Amos

Quite a lot.

Examples:

I Am A Bird Now - Antony & The Johnsons

Two Suns - Bat For Lashes

Post - Bjork

Le Fil - Camille

Ys - Joanna Newsom

A Woman A Man Walked By - PJ Harvey & John Parish

Drastic Fantastic - KT Tunstall

Rid Of Me - PJ Harvey

Actor - St. Vincent

Under The Pink - Tori Amos

I love these three. Especially the Tori.

Unrelated - I've fallen in love with Tear Drop by Massive Attack

Unrelated - I've fallen in love with Tear Drop by Massive Attack

Indisputable brilliance.

Indisputable brilliance.

Yay a fellow fan :) Whenever I hear it, it feels like my ears are smiling. Weirdest feeling ever.

Haha! That's a fantastic way to describe it. I love it - Massive Attack are supposedly bringing out another album this year but then again it's been on the cards for the past 2 or 3 years or something stupid now. It's becoming a bit like Duke Nukem Forever in that respect.

P!nk - Boring (Bonus Track)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Why was this just a Bonus track on Funhouse? It's so much fun, I love it to bits.

--

Rihanna - Silly Boy Feat. Lady GaGa *Demo* (Not actually them, it's just a demo intended for them)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

--

Oh! And Britneys next single is....Radar. Wierd, considering it was on Blackout too.

As much I sometimes like a good old piece of pop music, you keep posting the same thing! I'm pretty sure all three point in this post have been posted by you, here, recently. ::shrug: Not trying to be mean or whatever, but I jus notice it.

---

"Doth I Protest Too Much" - I love.

---

And yeah, I find many artists I like, that the first album is often a less formed version of what they eventually produce. And so consecutive albums are better.

In unrelated news, just rediscovered how much I enjoy Funeral by Arcade Fire. Brilliant album. Shame Neon Bible didn't quite match up to it, but what second albums do? *discuss*

QFT. Funeral is one of my favourite albums evar. Whereas I only really like the first four songs from Neon Bible; the rest of the album never sat well with me.

Not all second albums aren't as good as the debut album, though: The Colour and the Shape springs to mind...

¡Viva La Cobra! as a second album stands out to me actually now that I think about it. I guess it's not as common as I thought, sometimes second efforts are superior to the first.

I think an artist/band that decline after only one album is a worrying prospect in general...

lol liz phair. I love though.