NEurope

@ Haggis - No, no, no, no, no, no, no. No! Kim Carnes is much better than Leighton Meester at that song. Because for some reason, that specific song has been stuck in my head for ages and I've been listening to it loads and I listened to the two together and while Meester has an unusually good voice (really doesn't sound like the Meester we know from GG), Carnes has the better of the two.

@ Haggis - No, no, no, no, no, no, no. No! Kim Carnes is much better than Leighton Meester at that song. Because for some reason, that specific song has been stuck in my head for ages and I've been listening to it loads and I listened to the two together and while Meester has an unusually good voice (really doesn't sound like the Meester we know from GG), Carnes has the better of the two.

Oh yes, I'm totally not denying that. I'm just stunned at how much I love her voice. For an unsigned tv actress (though she's signed now), it's so much better than anyone would expect. She sounds brilliant on "Birthday" too. Plus, her track with Cobra Starship is shooting up US Itunes. I'm amazed at how well she seems to be going about getting herself a music career.

Edited by Slaggis

I hate that her name sounds like you have to pronounce it all Arnie-fied.

LEEEETon MEEEEEEESTEEEEEERRRRRR.

Don't get the big deal.

Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young.

^ Never heard of him :heh:

He's always been someone I've thought about listening to. Perhaps I'll pick one of his albums and just start from there, kinda like I did recently with Bob Dylan.

Anyway, in keeping with Dyson's album listening plan, I took the liberty of listening to the very best of the Lighthouse Family album I bought yesterday. Sooooooo good. [strikethrough]Un[/strikethrough]believable really. If only they'd get back together and sort out the mess that is the British pop scene.

Outside of that, been listening to this:

Love the guitar in it. Just really good and Bink's voice is great here. She's sort of sitting in the middle ground of her vocal capabilities and it really shows how good she can be in the transitioning from soft, melodic songs to the more heavier stuff. I think many would be quick to point out how comparative In This Moment to other female lead metal bands but I think they've managed to distance themselves from the others by offering this plethora of vocals, courtesy of Bink.

Listen to Harvest on Spotify.

spotify:album:5PqVBg8Mo1Tnprbs5uhQu9

Listen to Harvest on Spotify.

spotify:album:5PqVBg8Mo1Tnprbs5uhQu9

I'm on it! :grin: So far your recommendations/shouts have been pure gold.

It's time for Coolness Bears not so excitingly titled "Album's I've listened to today" in association with:

Dyson's Album-A-Day Extravaganza! :D

Nuetral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane over the sea

At first his voice took a bit to get used to but by the time Two- headed boy kicked in I was really enjoying the album. That being my favourite song on it along with Two- headed boy part 2 at the end which I felt was a fitting conclusion!

Angelspit - krankhaus

A fast paced ordeal that doesn't let up. Lyrically amusing, though not for the right reasons. enjoyable though it gets a bit samey! Vena Cava is the best song on there for sure!

Paramore -Riot

I was definately in the mood to listen to this again today as I enjoyed it and it didn't feel like I'd listened to it too much (which I had) refreshing to hear it again and enjoyable!

Lily Allen - It's not me, It's you

This has taken it's time to grow on me but I now love it without a doubt. So many fantastic songs on there (mainly at the beginning) The album loses a bit of Momentum towards the end but not so bad I lose interest. Not Fair is probably my favourite off the album at this moment in time.

Fan Farlo - Resevoir

It's a very relaxing album. Solid effort as each song flows into one another. Overall the sound is good it just needs more stand out songs to make that leap into excellent. The walls a are coming down is my song of choice from this album.

Demi Lavato - Don't forget

Definately fun. For an album titled don't forget there aren't too many memorable songs straight off the bat but there are certainly a few that stick out to me Don't forget being one of them Lalala land and get back! It is just under Miley Cyrus' Breakout album for me.

Juliaane Hough - Juilaane Hough

Good while listening to it but it doesn't do anything special to well. Just a nice voice to listen to while doing revision or distracted by something else.

and that's the end of that chapter! : peace:

*flicks his scarf*

Edited by Coolness Bears

I hate that her name sounds like you have to pronounce it all Arnie-fied.

LEEEETon MEEEEEEESTEEEEEERRRRRR.

Don't get the big deal.

Its LAY-Ton MEE-Ster (granted you got the surname right but it amuses me as it rhymes with 'keister')

...That is all I have to say about the matter. Listened to the Cobra song and it was okay. One of those 'if it was on in a nightclub it wouldn't offend me' kind of things.

I tell you what does offend though:

Just no. No no no no no.

I've been listening to Neil Young for the rest of this evening and all I have to say is:

Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young!!! :grin:

:p

I've been listening to Neil Young for the rest of this evening and all I have to say is:

Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young!!! :grin:

Keep on rocking in the free world.

I-Do-Not-Want-What-I-Haven-t-Got_Sinead-O-prime-Connor,images_big,28,3217592.jpg

Listening now, never listened before. Pretty interesting.

called it!

Someone I used to go to school with just posted this on her Facebook profile. I forgot how well she could sing. It starts kind of slow, but gets pretty good after a minute or so:

Moon Song

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Her YouTube profile

Edited by Goafer

What do the following songs have in common:

The Guy Who Leaves - Alanis Morissette

Into A Swan - Siouxsie Sioux

It Wasn't Me - Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins

The Garden - PJ Harvey

Grey - New Young Pony Club

With Every Heartbeat - Robyn

Spark - Tori Amos

Declare Independance - Bjork

?

Nobody has ever heard them?

To be fair to everyone involved, With Every Heartbeat was one of the best pop songs of 2007...

And The Garden is off PJ Harvey's famously good album Is This Desire?.

Patrick Wolf's new album is fantastic. *surprised?*

His last one was good (a.k.a the one with the song Magic Position everyone knows, even if they don't KNOW they know) but lacking in the originality/darkness of the two before it.

Love Tilda Swinton's spoken contributions. And Eliza Carthy is on it too. Random. Prolific folk singer, and friend of my family friend (who gigs around festivals, supporting Eliza).

I'm a bit late, but I just remembered something relevant to the album song order discussion.

Daft Punk - Interstella 5555

Makes a really good story using the whole album in order. I may have to get the DVD eventually.

Dyson's Album-A-Day Extravaganza!

Continues!

Part 2 of 7 - Antidotes by Foals

Another album I've been meaning to give a listen for quite some time now, Foals are a band I'm really not sure if I like or not. I first discovered them through the Fifa 09 soundtrack weirdly enough and took a shine to Olympic Airways and proceeded grabbed a couple more of their songs. Unfortunately their music was all very samey and stale, but my flatmate assured me that it was an album you needed to listen to throughout, which I've just done.

Having done so I can say that he's definitely right; but that isn't necessarily a good thing. Whilst it has obviously been made to be listened to in an album playthrough, I can't help but wonder if this actually took something away from listening to it all. All the songs flowed in to one another, not simply in album ordering but the start of one song would be the end of another and because of this it was hard to distinguish between songs I liked and songs I wasn't fond of, meaning I was left with a very bland taste in my mouth following it. Everything was just a bit too similar, it sounds like they came up with ideas for 4 or 5 good songs and then used the rest of the album to connect them.

It's not an offensive album so to speak. Just a bit disappointing. Speaking of offense, however, I've decided that tomorrow's album shall be You Have No Ides What You're Getting Yourself Into by Does It Offend You, Yeah?, a band I know very little about and havn't heard any songs by them. Should be interesting.

Nobody has ever heard them?

I'm always amazed at your lack of knowledge outside of Sci-Fi and gaming! When the Oscar nominees came out, you said the same thing. Last week or so when Moot won the Time internet poll, you didn't know the people on the list. And the list goes on.

Seriously, I get it, Omicron Persei 8 is an awesome planet and all, but you're living on Earth, Cube!!!

I still love you, mind... in a non gay way.

Well Gizmo, Ellmeister! I've listened to the new mwY album about 10 times now. The cheeky games of the fox and the beetle king and the fig are all well and truly embedded into my mind... but the album is too short, they're still all too fucking happy and I don't feel that they're as unique as they were before.

In terms of evolution, they've certainly matured over the albums from whining about a girl, to god, to a quizzical submission to their fate and -- now? There's a sort of drone-like, apathetic monotony to what they have to sing about. Folkish and drunk with sweet puddle-lane style fairy tales, they've dismissed their Grimm jacket and are fiddling for children now. They are grown ups and I, for one, feel they got through their adolescence far too quickly, and without nay nearly enough scars.

Their fanciful, sneaky-parenting terms of "mammory glands" cervical canals has no thump that can be called kin to the carnal line "where midnight needles go to work" or even the brutal imagery of "january 1979, I saw a terrible crash, I couldn't help but laugh". It is like they are actively seeking to avoid conflict. Where the spider trilogy webbed Brother, Sister with joy, inevitability and then loss, they instead turn to accordian ditties that resurface occasionally to reel the listener back into an entropical state of bland bliss and, for the worse, insist on repeatedly repeating themselves which stinks of bible-bashing high-on-life that only serves to leave the band standing firmly but propped on the legs of their religion.

Don't get me wrong; I love the band. Maybe I just think that they seem to sound too happy, considering it is widely believed that this will be their final album together.

I'm always amazed at your lack of knowledge outside of Sci-Fi and gaming! When the Oscar nominees came out, you said the same thing. Last week or so when Moot won the Time internet poll, you didn't know the people on the list. And the list goes on.

Seriously, I get it, Omicron Persei 8 is an awesome planet and all, but you're living on Earth, Cube!!!

I still love you, mind... in a non gay way.

I gotta agree with Cube, no ones heard them. Hell I haven't even heard of them until now. Then again I'm a tone def musical reject who only listens to the radio.