NEurope

Coles Corner is absolutely amazing. I love it so much.

Longpigs are obviously a very different band but you can hear Hawley's signature sound in there. The guy plays some seriously sexy guitar.

bump

how's this for an album title?

No more stories

Are told today

I'm sorry

They washed away

No more stories

The world is grey

I'm tired

Let's wash away

I'm going through my Eminem albums again. Just got a bit of a craving after seeing him on Jonathan Ross. Love it.

I've been having a bit of an Eminem craving as well. Listened to the Slim Shady LP yesterday for the first time in about 8 years.

Got the Marshall Mathers LP as well. Forgot how excellent "Kill You" is.

You don't,

wanna fuck with Shady.

('cause why?)

'Cause Shady,

will fucking kill you!

:D

While I find Eminem more tolerable than most rap I've ever heard, I haven't listened to the only album I own of his in years. The one with Stan on it.

That's the Marshall Mathers LP, that 'un. Great album.

Though one of the skits does have the sound of a dude being fellated by two people. Then one of the suckers mutters "Eminem" and the guy being fellated gets angry and leaves.

Ooh-err, missus. :blush:

Oh yeah! I deleted that from my iTunes cause I was scared it would come on shuffle when someone else was in the room!

(I was..13 or something)

Yeah, there is a great sense of humour about Eminem. I still remember most the lyrics which is quite amusing.

Anyways, been hooked on this track as well,

Love it to death.

It's been on one of my playlists for months now and only just gave it a listen. :heh:

Dyson's Album-A-Day Extravaganza!

Continues!

Part 4 of 7 - Ladyhawke by Ladyhawke

I went in to this album not knowing anything about Ladyhawke. I didn't know what the genre was going to be, whether I already knew any of her songs or anything. A completely random selection that I've seen pop up a few times in this thread and thought I'd give a whirl.

Turns out it was a good choice. Listening to the album itself I didn't get bored of the music style as it progressed and on top of that I could see myself listening to an odd song here and there when it comes up in library shuffle. Very catchy stuff and just a generally good album. Better Than Sunday reminded me of Embrace by PNAU, but I don't know why. I think it's her voice. She sounds like she could pull it off. And Another Runaway had to take direct inspiration from Video Killed The Radio Star.

Next time, whatever. Havn't made up my mind just yet, it'll probably be another completely random pick.

Why is Black Eyed Peas new song so shit? It's not even a song.

^ I think the real question is why are Black Eyed Peas still releasing music. I mean, their first single at least had a good message behind it but I doubt they've still got that with them now. ::shrug: Meh, not really my area of music anyway.

As for what I've been listening to, like Dyson I've been listening to Ladyhawke by Ladyhawke and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. Bought it yesterday because I had the song 'Dusk Til Dawn' stuck in my head and wasn't hoping for much but it's actually a really good album. Really enjoying it. On my second playthrough already this morning.

Also been listening to Haloo Helsinki! thanks to getting an EMI voucher from the Nintendo Stars catalogue. Just thought I'd download something different with the voucher so picked them and it turned out to be a good choice as I really like their stuff. Of course, they're singing in Finnish and in my attempts to translate some of it I've only got a few words out of their songs so I don't really know what their singing about but it sounds good.

I seem to be the only one who expected Ladyhawke to be better than she is. Maybe I need more time with the album but it leaves me a bit cold. I like the album art though.

I do love Magic though.

However, I prefer this B-Side to a lot of the album;

----

Anyone who is up for Dyson's "Listening to a random album" thing, I'd be interested in what you made of A Kiss In The Dreamhouse by Siouxsie & The Banshees.

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost

Completely agree, though I think Fergie's verse is hilarious. Makes me giggle everytime I hear it.

Hey!! You guys can't like Sick Of It All. I forbid it!

Out of genuine interest (because I'm a forgetful sod), are you the person who said there's no possible way I could like Devendra Banhart (or words to that affect)?

Hey!! You guys can't like Sick Of It All. I forbid it!

Well I've been told. *toddles off to buy some Girls Aloud*

It is so bad! BUT it makes me laugh so much as do most of BEP's songs. I actually like them. :)

"my beats are so big I'm stepping on leprechauns, Sh**ting on you with my boom boom!" :laughing: or something like that!

I've never minded them up till now. A lot of their stuff is enjoyable. This is a BAD hitchhike of the electro bandwagon though. And it's no.1? WTF.

---

Got my Deluxe Edition of Abnormally Attracted To Sin by Tori Amos today. :)

.... O_o

The advert on the side of the bus at the end won it for me.

Also 1am is the perfect time for a Music Sounds Better With You/Lady (Hear Me Tonight) combo.

Edited by Ashley

Out of genuine interest (because I'm a forgetful sod), are you the person who said there's no possible way I could like Devendra Banhart (or words to that affect)?

Nope. I'm just kidding about SOIA, too, I ain't pretentious to the point of thinking I can only like what others don't. Devandra's awesome, and everyone should enjoy it.

I love how Tori Amos' new album has about 3 different albums going on within it.

But that's one of her flaws, her unwillingness to edit. She admitted a few weeks ago to putting what would be B-sides in the old days on the album.

I don't agree...it just drags an album down having lots of "ok" tracks.

Nope. I'm just kidding about SOIA, too, I ain't pretentious to the point of thinking I can only like what others don't. Devandra's awesome, and everyone should enjoy it.

Hmm damn my poor memory. I know (well, presume) whoever said it wasn't particularly being serious but just wish I could remember who it was.

I love how Tori Amos' new album has about 3 different albums going on within it.

But that's one of her flaws, her unwillingness to edit. She admitted a few weeks ago to putting what would be B-sides in the old days on the album.

I don't agree...it just drags an album down having lots of "ok" tracks.

I don't get why people whine though. You can just make a playlist of the good songs on the albums and you'd have a normal sized album right there. There's enough of them to do that.

I love all of them apart from about 2 personally though.

the counter argument is that, by exercising restraint, Amos would have crafted a tighter, more complete album rather than releasing a series of songs on disc.

Bought Waited Up Til It Was Light by Johnny Foreigner today! :yay: Been looking for the CD for ages and so happy I bought it as it's awesome. A really good British band who really should have a bigger fan base than they do. Check them out. Do it. Do eeeeeeeeetttttt naw!

Also have a couple other albums to run through. Bought the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album on a whim and because I love the song Maps so if there's stuff like that on the album then it should be good.