NEurope

The Pretty Reckless - Blender Listen on HQ, sounds so much clearer)

The chorus is horifically catchy. "I don't la la la la la like you, I la la la la love you. I used to ha ha ha ha hate you, but now I really fucking love you!"

Has the Gossip Girl cast been infected with some musical bug or something? Leighton Meester is releasing an album, Chace Crawford is in Footloose and now Taylor Momsen has been signed with her band The Pretty Reckless.

...that sounds like an amateur band. Hate when people are allowed to release stuff because they're famous. They sound very polished though.

----

In other news, Regina Spektor has put up a video of Dance Anthem Of The 80s on MySpace. At first I was like "Whoa wtf if this shit it's crazy" then I loved. Very intriguing, and a strange returns to the kookier days of Regina?

---

Strong Black Vine by Tori Amos is pedal to the floor greatness. I love how energetic it gets towards to end, and you just feel like you can't catch your breath before she burst back into "It's a MISSION!".

Listening now. Love this one too. Right now my edited AATS is only missing Fire To Your Plain, 500 Miles and Maybe California, the rest I love.

...that sounds like an amateur band. Hate when people are allowed to release stuff because they're famous. They sound very polished though.

Oh yeah, that's just a demo they made months before they got signed. But, apparently she writes all the stuff (she's the same age as Cyrus) and I quite like her voice, though it's obviously not the best. Will be interesting to see how the album turns out, but for now, they're touring with *whispers so Paj doesn't hear* The Veronicas.

Oh god. Haggis you've just reminded me that Crawford is doing the remake of Footloose. Why the hell are they bothering? It doesn't need an update. And yeh, it's strange that quite a few of the GG cast are going into music. The show isn't that heavily influenced by it so it's even stranger. You would have through something like The OC would have had it's cast going into music because of the constant contact with music there but that didn't happen. Oh well, it gives them something to do when they're not filming and possibly something to do should the show not go further than a 3rd season which, given the current viewing figures for season 2, is always a possibility.

Oh yeah, that's just a demo they made months before they got signed. But, apparently she writes all the stuff (she's the same age as Cyrus) and I quite like her voice, though it's obviously not the best. Will be interesting to see how the album turns out, but for now, they're touring with *whispers so Paj doesn't hear* The Veronicas.

I suppose. I'm not at all interested, I'm not going to lie! :p

Oh lord, a girl I was hanging out with at lunch yesterday/Wednesday was singing Untouched. I refrained from saying anything, as with her lovely singing voice, it got stuck in my head. :cry:

The Pretty Reckless - Blender Listen on HQ, sounds so much clearer)

The chorus is horifically catchy. "I don't la la la la la like you, I la la la la love you. I used to ha ha ha ha hate you, but now I really fucking love you!"

Has the Gossip Girl cast been infected with some musical bug or something? Leighton Meester is releasing an album, Chace Crawford is in Footloose and now Taylor Momsen has been signed with her band The Pretty Reckless.

And Ed Westwick is in a London-based band too.

Oh god. Haggis you've just reminded me that Crawford is doing the remake of Footloose. Why the hell are they bothering? It doesn't need an update. And yeh, it's strange that quite a few of the GG cast are going into music. The show isn't that heavily influenced by it so it's even stranger. You would have through something like The OC would have had it's cast going into music because of the constant contact with music there but that didn't happen. Oh well, it gives them something to do when they're not filming and possibly something to do should the show not go further than a 3rd season which, given the current viewing figures for season 2, is always a possibility.

The figures average at higher than the first season, so it'll probably still be going. But yeah, it's a little wierd that so many of them are doing it. But, I love Leighton Meesters stuff so damn much, so I don't mind. Gossip Girl has some great music on it though, a fair amount of the time.

Edited by Slaggis

1) viewing figures for a network like The CW is not comparitable with other bigger networks. As a network their shows tend to rank in the bottom 20 (if not lower) of all 160ish shows per season, so expectations are lower. With that in mind, and given their relative success on iTunes and Hulu, and factoring in the social impact/buzz it has unless Schwartz calls it quits or the ratings plummet further next year its safe for a few years yet.

2) Gossip Girl has a similar level of music as The OC. Granted they don't often go see bands play (although No Doubt did kinda play in the episode before last) but music is still important to the show.

3) What? These people can't have more than one interest/passion :heh: Lord knows if I was allowed to do any project I want I'd be hopping between films, tv, video games, comics, novels and just about everything else :heh:

I need another piano-master like Tori Amos that isn't Tori Amos to feed my new-found lust for piano music.

I just love how Tori Amos makes the song up as she goes along. I was watching a live performance of Cornflake Girl today, and she just randomly started playing a new bridge that I've never heard before in my life, but sounded so appropriate.

And I love how there's interviews where she's at her piano, and when she's talking she's absent-mindedly playing the piano, and it sounds so brilliant! Better than mosts pianists could do with their full concentration.

So yeah - I need someone as good as her to expand my musical life.

We recently got rid of my synth as it was taking up too much space :mad:

Now I can't get off all this musical steam I have building up. I love just improvising to something I'm listening to. Now I have to go round the corner to a friend's house. So inconvenient.

And the title of the new Muse album is.... The Resistance. Interesting, if a bit bland. Oh, and the 15 minute symphonic monster is called The United States of Eurasia. I think this might be a concept album, judging by those titles.

And the title of the new Muse album is.... The Resistance. Interesting, if a bit bland. Oh, and the 15 minute symphonic monster is called The United States of Eurasia. I think this might be a concept album, judging by those titles.

Awesome! I'm just glad that the details are being finalised, the name doesn't matter to me that much, afterall their first album was merely called Showbiz... as an album title that could be seen as a bit bland but I loved the album itself. :)

I'm more excited about the news of that 15 minute(?) track you just mentioned... is it really that long? Knights of Cydonia was only like 7 mins... not that I'm complaining, far from it, I just hope that it lives up to expectations, even if it doesn't I'm sure I'll still love it though. ^^

Coulda sworn it was meant to be longer than 15minutes, in fact.

Got the new Eminem album today. It's interesting, his flow is still the best on the planet and although I prefer The Eminem Show, this is a classic and i can definately can see myself liking it more with more listens.

There's a song on it called 'Beautiful', i suggest everyone listen to it. It's absolutely stunning and I have to admit, it brought a tear to my eye, and music pretty much never does that to me.

'Don't let them say you ain't beautiful,

they can all get fucked, just stay true to you'.

:)

I'm more excited about the news of that 15 minute(?) track you just mentioned... is it really that long? Knights of Cydonia was only like 7 mins... not that I'm complaining, far from it, I just hope that it lives up to expectations, even if it doesn't I'm sure I'll still love it though. ^^

Yup! The song is said to be split into three tracks that blend into each other, and they will be the final three tracks of the album. Muse have said that it starts of quite orchestral and symphonic, then gets "very heavy indeed" by the end. Matt Bellamy says he's spent years arranging it.

Coulda sworn it was meant to be longer than 15minutes, in fact.

Coolness! I can't bloody wait to hear it, I'm sure it'll be epic! :grin:

EDIT: Infact, here's Matt with the score for it in Milan...

9126327-a96e2c2499839e282e879c6746b6578a.4a16cad3-full.jpg

Lol at his expression! xD

Edited by CoolFunkMan

There's a song on it called 'Beautiful', i suggest everyone listen to it. It's absolutely stunning and I have to admit, it brought a tear to my eye, and music pretty much never does that to me.

It's alright, but I think your exaggerating it a bit!

Ridden with cliches "What it's like to be me" "in my shoes" the stuff about a clown crying.

Eminem is one of the few rap artists I actually like though. I might listen to the whole album at some point. Not desperate atm though.

Yup! The song is said to be split into three tracks that blend into each other, and they will be the final three tracks of the album. Muse have said that it starts of quite orchestral and symphonic, then gets "very heavy indeed" by the end. Matt Bellamy says he's spent years arranging it.

Ah in a similar way to the final song on Snow Patrol's last album then, that was a three part song listed under one track, so I'm assuming something along those lines, either way it sounds like it'll be worth the wait. :)

Nobody cares but I need a place to have a quick rant;

fun.'s album won't be released til August 25th. Was originally meant to be like...now. Grr. Annoying. Oh well, August ain't that far off...eh?

fun._Aim&Ignite_lores.jpg

(not sure how I feel about the cover either...they(well, TF) have done better)

Got the new Eminem album today. It's interesting, his flow is still the best on the planet and although I prefer The Eminem Show, this is a classic and i can definately can see myself liking it more with more listens.

I'm not too keen on that song. It's good but not really stand out for me personally.

I really like 'Hello'. Plus 'Crack a Bottle' and 'We Made You', which were good choices of singles. I'm only half way through though. Also 'Stay Wide Awake', like this.

I do love Eminem.

Edited by Daft

Yay, Chair just got Row D seats 7 and 8 at Glasgow Concert Hall (or wherever it is) for Tori Amos.

Happy, and so in celebration;

<3

...And to wash away the taste of Tori Amos, here's some Psychedelic Furs:

Great song that and the vid suits it well. Would have been a good song to include on the sound track. (And I'm only jesting Paj/Chair in case that first comment starts something)

...And to wash away the taste of Tori Amos, here's some Psychedelic Furs:

(And I'm only jesting Paj/Chair in case that first comment starts something)

:mad:

:angry:

:sad:

:cry:

At the moment I really seem to be into The Dillinger Escape Plan and The Number Twelve Looks Like You (and Johnny Foreigner but they're quite different to them two).

In particular I'm finding myself quite liking these 2 Number Twelve songs a lot:

I don't suppose anyone can recommend any bands similar to Dillinger and The Number Twelve

I'm not too keen on that song. It's good but not really stand out for me personally.

I really like 'Hello'. Plus 'Crack a Bottle' and 'We Made You', which were good choices of singles. I'm only half way through though. Also 'Stay Wide Awake', like this.

I do love Eminem.

Ah it's nice to see someone out there likes Em too :D

I prefer his serious shit far more (hence why The Eminem Show is the perfect album for me; Sing For The Moment, Soldier, Cleaning Out My Closet), but i really like this album. His flow and delivery is easily the best on the planet. It's quite scary to think he's so talented, makes you wonder if we'll ever see someone as good as him.

Oh. and Hello is great! I really like 3.A.M too (it's terrifying lol), Same song and dance, Stay Wide Awake, Beautiful and Insane. Kinda gets me in the mood to listen to Slim Shady LP again...

Marrow by St. Vincent is one of the best songs of this year so far. So good to dance to.