NEurope

Ah it's nice to see someone out there likes Em too :D

I prefer his serious shit far more (hence why The Eminem Show is the perfect album for me; Sing For The Moment, Soldier, Cleaning Out My Closet), but i really like this album. His flow and delivery is easily the best on the planet. It's quite scary to think he's so talented, makes you wonder if we'll ever see someone as good as him.

Oh. and Hello is great! I really like 3.A.M too (it's terrifying lol), Same song and dance, Stay Wide Awake, Beautiful and Insane. Kinda gets me in the mood to listen to Slim Shady LP again...

Yeah, he angry stuff is the best. I think The Marshall Mathers LP is my favourite album. Songs like 'Kill You' are just excellent.

He is just a f*cking joy to listen to. :D

Really weird, I totally missed Encore and Curtain Call. So I've got three albums to listen to. :heh:

Definitely need to give this another couple listens to settle into it.

However, I've got this Moby song stuck in my head. Driing me a bit mad in a good way.

Moby - One of These Mornings

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Just found this song completely by accident while looking for something else and it's awesome:

Love the guitar in it. The Scandanavian countries seem to put out a considerable amount of really good rock/metal bands, more so than any other region in the world. Wonder why that is?

Yeah, he angry stuff is the best. I think The Marshall Mathers LP is my favourite album. Songs like 'Kill You' are just excellent.

He is just a f*cking joy to listen to. :D

Really weird, I totally missed Encore and Curtain Call. So I've got three albums to listen to. :heh:

Definitely need to give this another couple listens to settle into it.

However, I've got this Moby song stuck in my head. Driing me a bit mad in a good way.

Moby - One of These Mornings

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

'I said you don't, wanna fuck with shady...(cos why?)

Cos shady, will fucking KILL YOU!'.

haha quality song, quality album :D 'Who Knew' is my favourite song of Marshal Mathers LP, though Stan is an obvious classic.

Encore is actually pretty good, just let down by a few weak tracks. Still got some classic tracks on it (Mockingbird, Toy Soldiers, Yellow Brick Road, Most)...get it daft!

My sister's lent me a cd to listen to of 'monk rock' that she was given in Bournemouth town centre.

Not the greatest track/vid;

... but good fun :)

Really like Calvin Harris' new dance choon I'm Not Alone. Was very good raving to it at big weekend.

I think it's boring and crap.

The "beats" sound like they were taken from dance anthem X from the 90's, and the rest is dull as ditchwater. Never liked him though. Acceptable In The 80's was decent for the 5 minutes when it WASN'T used everywhere. The album was less than inspiring too. I'd prefer he just produced people, In My Arms by Kylie Minogue was good, and his production works.

Maybe it's just me though. :p

Really like Calvin Harris' new dance choon I'm Not Alone. Was very good raving to it at big weekend.

You see it came on somewhere I went and me and my friends just made fun of the lyrics because it's a terrible track.

Acceptable in the 80s is good but too long I feel. Tbh the band makes Calvin Harris, he just has a decent voice for his music. I think it's just groovy tbh. No complaints when he played it live!

Lyrics aren't everything. I don't really know what the lyrics are. Apart from bad.

I think it's slightly egotistical that it's him doing the vocals/shit lyrics though. In a way the kinda simplistic lyrics/nonchalant voice works, but then again, it's shit. He should just do what other producers do, and collaborate with other singers/writers.

Well if you don't think of it too much I like it as shallow music. Not everything has to make sense, not everything has to be read into. His music isn't deep but for me along with the main-stream I find it good to dance to as well as singing the odd chorus without thinking about the words but just the general vibe.

If every artist did this yeah it would suck, but I guess he's a niche. Probably will become popularised now.

And I don't know how you can not like him for being egotistical when you're a fan of Gaga.

Just searched to see if he was a dickhead in interviews, but I don't think he is, it's just like he comes across as a bit of a dipshit. However he is honest by the sounds of things, admitting he can't really sing and doesn't think about the words too much. Pretty much how I summed it up!

Edited by dwarf

I posted this when they played it for the first time about 3 months ago. It is f*cking epic. I love it.

YES DAFT! Good lad. Forgive me for saying it but do you (and I/me) have a taste for techno/repetitive music? Cause I love Daft Punk and Calvin. Having said that I like any music. Not ashamed of it either. if you like it, you like it. Ya know?

And I don't know how you can not like him for being egotistical when you're a fan of Gaga.

:blank"

I think everytime I've mentioned her name, I've mentioned the fact I hate her personality/image more and more, and that she acts like an idiot with ideas above her station. So that comment holds no weight. I enjoy her actual music every so often as catchy pop. But it's not much other than that. Her grating image doesn't permeate into the music (half the reason she annoys me) so I can take it for what it is, harmless electro-pop.

---

Also, why would you be "ashamed" of liking all kinda of music? Surely that shows an open mind?

YES DAFT! Good lad. Forgive me for saying it but do you (and I/me) have a taste for techno/repetitive music? Cause I love Daft Punk and Calvin. Having said that I like any music. Not ashamed of it either. if you like it, you like it. Ya know?

House music is my home. :D

Yeah, people who yammer on about lyrics do my fucking nut in. It's about how music makes you feel and if a beat can get you thoughtlessly moving then that interpretation is always going to be more natural and direct than 'I like this song because it says this blah blah BLAH BLAH BLAH'.

Then again, my favourite song ever consist of two words.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Oh right maybe in one post I got the impression you were a fan. And no, obviously having an open mind in terms or what you listen to it great, but say if I enjoyed the Spice Girls (which I don't btw) I wouldn't be ashamed to listen to them ya know?

And Daft you summed that up well. Loads of people chant lyrics with purpose even though they don't understand what they mean. Sometimes I don't even think the artists know what they mean.

While I love lyrics, I also love music that has simplistic/no lyrics.

However, I take issue when the lyrics hinder a song.

Which in Calvin Harris' case I don't think the lyrics do detract. He said himself that he wanted to add some sort of lyrical element to his songs 'without ruining it', which I think he did.

In songs I like:

anthemic chorus'

bass

repetition (to a certain degree)

gradual adding of instruments and sounds(don't know what it's called)

a break in the song where theres a slightly different tone

where noise builds up to a sort of climax part (hard to avoid innuendo with that word)

a bit of craziness

ability to sing to it

just what came into my head at the time.

i like the lyrics to Maximo Park - Let's Get Clinical:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Let’s go back to your house

And finish off the gin

Your dishevelled room

We’re gonna wash ourselves in sin

Ooh! It’s criminal when you whisper in my ear

Let’s get clinical the words delivered with a smear

Let’s get clinical

I’d like to map your body out

Inch by inch

North to south

And I’m free for circumnavigation

Re-awaken my delight

Your fingerprints upon my skin

Your voice has twisted how we sink

Tonight I’ll let desire win

Let’s get clinical the words delivered with a smear

Let’s get clinical

Inch by inch

North to south

Inch by inch

Head to toe

Bare ankles used to mean adventure

Last nights dirty lips were wrapped around that glass

Creeping past your flatmates door

The empty bottles on the floor

Ooh! It’s criminal

Woah! Lets get clinical

Inch by inch

North to south

Inch by inch

Head to toe

Bare ankles used to mean adventure

With you they still do

With you they still do

With you they still do

Edited by Dante

^^^ Seconded Dante, easily one of my favourite tracks off their new album :) one thing though, wherever those lyrics were cut n pasted from theres a typo in them :o - possibly sad that I noticed I know but w/e - as I'm sure it's...

Let’s get clinical the words delivered with a sneer

Let’s get clinical

Not smear as it's written there, it did make me lol though so... *shrugs* ^^

The other track I really like is "In another world (you would have found me by now)" as that has some awesome lyrics too. :)

^^^ Seconded Dante, easily one of my favourite tracks off their new album :) one thing though, wherever those lyrics were cut n pasted from theres a typo in them :o - possibly sad that I noticed I know but w/e - as I'm sure it's...

You think that's sad?

http://360cube.blogspot.com/2009/04/lyrics-quicken-heart.html

(They have been updated since I got the actual album, but they were laregly correct beforehand)

I think I'd rate the songs:

Cloud of Mystery - The Penultimate Clinch - In Another World (You Would’ve Found Yourself By Now) - Roller Disco Dreams - Tanned - Calm - Questing, Not Coasting - The Kids Are Sick Again - Let’s Get Clinical - Overland, West Of Suez - Wraithlike - I Haven’t Seen Her In Ages.

Well...from TPC to QNC are all my favourites, and I still really like the others.

You think that's sad?

Well I just meant that there probably wouldn't have been many people aside from me and you that would have spotted the typo / corrected it, I'm not bothered if people find that sad or not, was just noting that some may consider it that way, that's all. : peace:

It's an awesome album though, each of their tracks is performed in an awesome style that never seems consistent, someone recently said to me - when discussing the band - that their music is kind of like an opera because they play a bit of their song that you may really like then partway through the veer off in a completely different direction, I think there's a lot of truth in that but I think it's part of what makes their style different and personally I love it. ^^

Also I love the lyric that you've got quoted in your sig from "In Another World (you'd have found me by now)"

'You'll still end up on a revolving dance floor in the middle of the river.'

:D

Edited by S.C.G

I like the sound of Regina Spektor's new single, and like the lyrics, just not the message. The Chorus is fine, and they make sense, but I have no faith in god, so it falls a little flat. It might sell in America though.

Regina Spektor - Laughing With

No one commented on her other new song I posted, Dance Anthem of The 80's, with I prefer.

I like the sound of Regina Spektor's new single, and like the lyrics, just not the message. The Chorus is fine, and they make sense, but I have no faith in god, so it falls a little flat. It might sell in America though.

Regina Spektor - Laughing With

No one commented on her other new song I posted, Dance Anthem of The 80's, with I prefer.

Quite like that it's a bit more like her Soviet Kitsch stuff which I love but not believing in god does kind of make the song a little bit meaningless to me.

Didn't see you post that song, care to link?

Quite like that it's a bit more like her Soviet Kitsch stuff which I love but not believing in god does kind of make the song a little bit meaningless to me.

Didn't see you post that song, care to link?

Dance Anthem Of The 80's

A lot more like her earlier stuff in terms of experimenting/unusualness. But still cute/simple. I love the 'Sleeee-e-e-e-e-e-ee-p" bit.

I prefer it to Laughing With.

Yeah I managed to hunt it down after I posted (but only after I decided to check when her new album is out) and I much prefer it to laughing with.

Hypem failed at finding me the song though :(