NEurope

Ok, Haggis;

I've enjoyed my first listen of The Fame, going back around now, on Just Dance, which is still fun and fresh. Glad I bought the album, it all sounds much better in context. I mean, few of the album tracks match up to the heights of Just Dance and (to a lesser extent Poker Face) except maybe Paparazzi and The Fame, and maybe Boys Boys Boys.

There is a lot of Uffie influence in this album, never a bad thing.

(Uffie being the girl who is most famous for singing on The Party on Justice's first album)

I mean some just feel like well executed filler. Like Love Game. And Beautiful Dirty Rich. It sounds like she thought of the titles before the actual content (In fact i'd bet on it). And it doesn't quite mesh.

I did think you would enjoy it all more, when you had heard it all in context like you say. That's what both Razz and I discussed earlier. I still disagree on both Lovegame and Beautiful Dirty Rich being "filler". I'd say Brown Eyes and then maybe to a lesser extent "Eh Eh..." were "filler".

I agree on the standout tracks you picked, definitely. Boys Boys Boys is just so much fun, and The Fame is pretty damn great too. I think the studio version of Poker Face sounds a hell of a lot better, once you've listened to the rest of the album. Still, I love it too bits now. Both the studio, and the acoustic version.

I did think you would enjoy it all more, when you had heard it all in context like you say. That's what both Razz and I discussed earlier. I still disagree on both Lovegame and Beautiful Dirty Rich being "filler". I'd say Brown Eyes and then maybe to a lesser extent "Eh Eh..." were "filler".

I agree on the standout tracks you picked, definitely. Boys Boys Boys is just so much fun, and The Fame is pretty damn great too. I think the studio version of Poker Face sounds a hell of a lot better, once you've listened to the rest of the album. Still, I love it too bits now. Both the studio, and the acoustic version.

Hmm yeah, though it doesn't come across as such from hearing the singles standalone, it reminds me of Madonna's Confessions On A Dancefloor, in that it's an electropop/dance album that works extremely well/better as one big whole.

As I said, just on second listen now, so I'll think about some of the ones I initially didn't warm to this time round.

War Tapes - Mind Is Ugly

Anyone know this band? I think they're great. Love this kinda dark music.

Kate_Bush_The_Sensual_World.jpg

The Sensual World by Kate Bush

The only album by her I feel I've neglected. I've adjusted the track volume a bit, I hated how quiet my version of it was...I've never listened the whole way through to each one individually, and of course, the "famous" one, This Woman's Work. It is however, terribly sad.

It evokes an emotion that you're having all your loved ones taken away from you or something absolutely awful. Her cries are like a lone wolf.

When has it ever not been about the album?

I completely agree, a band should focus on making an amazing, consistent album where each song compliments each other. Glasvegas' album really stood out to me last year as each song seems to mould into the next. Also Death Cabs latest album and Intimacy by Bloc Party were great IMO, the order of the songs really make the album sound exciting.

However IIRC, in ye olden days, singles where the selling point of a band, an album was just made to promote their singles. So things haven't really changed much...

Sounds like Pink, only not as good (and Pink isn't great) =/

P!nk is one of the few mainstream/popular solo female that I truly respect...Kelly Clarkson moreso than some, but nowhere near as much as P!nk.

I like how My Life Would Suck Without You jumps on the "popular" wagon, of electro-pop...shame.

Britneys new single is facing an "American Radio ban" apparently. The lyrics which sound like "fuck me" when said quicky (If You Seek Amy) are too "racy" for radio.

Hah. What about all the shitty rap music nowadays then? Utter bollocks.

--

For people who couldn't play Triforce's link. (I couldn't. The plugin messed up)

Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You

I actually rather like it. If we're comparing her to Pink, then it at least beats "So What" hands down. Loathe that song.

^^^^ I lol'd... the lyrics couldn't sound any different and even if they did so what... it's not if it hasn't been said on the radio before, then again this is America we're talking about >> personally I'd rather not hear the song on the radio full-stop but thats just me, Womaniser was bad enough... I had to change station at work today when that track came on to save my ears from possible bleedage. :blank:

Coolness, been listening to Nickelbacks new album, still not sure if I like it yet, it's certainly ok..but hmm. I've been trying to get all of Lorene Drives songs, my friend has them but I forgot to get them yesterday.

edit: I also quite like Kayne's new album, he seems to get better as time goes on.

Kanye West's new album is excellent in my eyes. :)

Cool, I don't think I've ever listened to Nickleback really! I was just wondering what kind of music you might be into!

If you've got a complaint..

Lykke Li got me through the day today! :yay:

I've been using Spotify recently which isn't half bad. It's like a music player but you can search for music on it then listen and it scrobbles. :D

So yeah I've been using it recently. I think it makes its money and the artists/record companies from having 1 Advert every few hours for about 20 seconds before continuing with the next song. It doesn't have everyone but the majority of songs it does have! :)

The con seems to be the only song I'm really interested in when it comes to Tegan and Sara.

Coolness, been listening to Nickelbacks new album, still not sure if I like it yet, it's certainly ok..but hmm. I've been trying to get all of Lorene Drives songs, my friend has them but I forgot to get them yesterday.

edit: I also quite like Kayne's new album, he seems to get better as time goes on.

What's your favourite on the new Nickelback album? I think "This Afternoon" is pretty awesome. Not your typical Nickelback song.

^^^^ I lol'd... the lyrics couldn't sound any different and even if they did so what... it's not if it hasn't been said on the radio before, then again this is America we're talking about >> personally I'd rather not hear the song on the radio full-stop but thats just me, Womaniser was bad enough... I had to change station at work today when that track came on to save my ears from possible bleedage. :blank:

Yeah, but Womanizer is the worst song on her new album, whereas If U Seek Amy is actually a good little pop song.

America needs an enema, or something. It fawns over it's guns but is scared of sex.

Myleene Klass playing Daft Punk's Aerodynamic on piano? Oh yes.It isn't Bach.

Just saw this on TV.

Edit: Wish I still had my piano...

Been listening to Appeal to Reason more lately (mainly because Nightwolf is going to see Rise Against (Damn her!)).

Some of the songs have grown on me. I still don't like the way that Rise Against have gone down, I prefer the old stuff but still the new stuff isn't toooooooo bad.

Hero of war me likey :)

Holy crap! New Damone album is up for download on iTunes and Amazon. How in the hell did that slip past me? :shakehead Need to download it from their now but have no money. Think it's time to persuade the parents to fund it.

been listening to the Into THe Wild soundtrack the last few days which is awesome, like the film. Great tracks by Eddie Vedder, anyone else heard it?

The UK has gone mental for Lady GaGa is seems.

Just Dance will be number one easily again, going by midweeks. Also "Poker Face" will be in the top 20, with no radio play, no cd release and no music channel airing. The album, is also going to debut somewhere in the top 3.

I love it. I've not heard anyone have a bad word against her as of yet. Poker Face might just be the most addictive song since I Kissed a Girl.

--

The next single, after Poker Face will be "Lovegame" and "Eh Eh..." (apparently a double A-Side). She just filmed two video's, so that's what is being presumed.

I've still not bothered. She looks like Alphabeat who were quickly forgotten, and rightly so. Will give it a try at some point though.

But right now :heart: Higher by The Cardigans (which I think is Daft's doing).

Also :heart:ing

Greycoats - Watchman, What Is Left of the Night?

The Faint - Mirror Error

And also liking Cake's 'Short Skirt Long Jacket' (part of which is the theme tune for Chuck).

Alphabeat...*shivers*

Nah, Lady Gaga will be around for a long time, I can feel it.

Glad to hear Lovegame is the 3rd single, one of my favourites :D

I love it. I've not heard anyone have a bad word against her as of yet. Poker Face might just be the most addictive song since I Kissed a Girl.

I've said severla bad words against her.

Her image can't last, as it's so very bling and hip that it ends up overtly fake, as if it all might fall off at any moment.

I'm not sure that until you prove yourself with a really good album behind ou, you should be waltzing around dressed as a pyramid.

The Fame has good production, but it only glosses over some standout rubbish ones.

That kinda taints her for me, I wish she'd do something more visceral and personal, seeing as she obviously can.