N-Europe

Racing Soundtracks

Cube

With the upcoming release of Exite Truck, I was wondering, rather than just bunging my favourite songs into the game, that it would be better to chose music that suits the game.

What music would you chose for a racing game?

(I'll add some later)

You basically need songs with fast riffs, like:

Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlott

Burning Brides - Heart Full of Black

Motorhead - Ace of Spades

Ozzy Osbourne - Bark At The Moon

Anthrax - Madhouse (personal favourite)

Dick Dale - Misirlou

My driving playlist inlcudes:

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

Bat Out Of Hell - Meat Loaf

Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen

Buck Rogers - Feeder

Bohemian Rhaphsody - Queen

All Revved Up With No Place To Go - Meat Loaf

Paradise By The Dashboard Light - Meat Loaf

You want really fast songs, I've been listening to Fall Out Boy's new song (something like "This Ain't a scene its an arms race") whilst driving recently.

Guest Stefkov

Cars - Gary Numan

Ok Go - Here it goes again

Performance - Surrender

Queen - Dont stop me now

All American Rejects - Move along

Most probably the songs I will listen to when I eventually drive.

One song I'm gonna have is stickin in my eye by rancid, there was an awesome moment once when I was on my way home from uni and it came on, it has a little bit of a mild intro thing, and then JUST as it was about to kick in I saw my train pulling in and had to start running, it was such a fitting tune, and I thought it would be awesome for a racing game, unfortunately it's a bit short. I'd suggest a few good meatloaf songs, and I dunno how it'd work out, but maybe some drum and bass.(Pendulum, High Contrast), they're awesome tunes to get you pumping, and would add the euphoria of playing the game, maybe.

I was gonna suggest it in my last post, but I didn't, but I was playing burnout revenge last night and they had it so I will;

Helicopter by Bloc Party

Revenge has some other good ones too, like Red Flag, On Top of the World, some other ones I like but can't remember.

Let me add Initial D fourth stage: The Fire's on me.

I would say any Initial D music will go great with a racing game (maybe except mario kart).

Song is included in said album. Initial D rocks. Apart from that movie drift racer. Kinda sucked.