Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Family Guy: Good or Bad?

Tellyn

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've loved it unconditionally since I first seen it. It's definitely my favourite animated show. I used to be pretty obsessed, not a day would go by without me using a quote or comparing something in real life to something that happened in the show, although I'm not that bad anymore ;)

agreed! awesom-o says: awesome!

awesomo.gif

"AWESOME!"

yeah the most fun part are things like "peter, remember the time when you..." or the evil monkey or the fighting chicken... awesome!

i agree totally. fighting chicken rules - especially when its defeated and then its eyes open like in the movies etc!

American Dad > Family Guy.

'Nuff said.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard from a Europe person, seriously.

American Dad is just a lame spin off from Family and only has 2% of the funniness from it. It's not funny, seriously.

Seriously, I hope you're joking indeed I do.

Seriously,

Shoe

:nono::(:blank:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard from a Europe person, seriously.

American Dad is just a lame spin off from Family and only has 2% of the funniness from it. It's not funny, seriously.

Seriously, I hope you're joking indeed I do.

Seriously,

Shoe

:nono::(:blank:

Family Guy has gotten old and boring.

American Dad has a far more interesting cast in my opinion. Its politically funny with the CIA sometimes and the jokes are you know, actually contextual. If you haven't seen season 2 of American Dad you really can't judge, the quality is eons ahead of what Family Guy is currently pumping out.

well im a huge Simpsons and Futurama fan and out of more seasons to buy I picked up the first season of family guy.. I was a bit dissapointed.. but I must admit it grows on you and has it's moments.. but comes no where near groening.. but maybee ill pick up a season more if I find it cheap enough

Family Guy is very good, the storylines are witty and the comedy oozes out of it. However, it does suffer from over-rateditis a little, and the spinoffs in the script when Peter goes, "oh remember when I did this..." are a little annoying.

As for beating the older seasons of the Simpsons? HAHAHAHAHAHA. No.

And as for the Family Guy-American Dad arguement, its a tough pickle. American Dad is quite politcally funny, which Family Guy tends to avoid. Which has the edge? Hmm, I dunno'.

Oh, and Futurama is boss.

South Park sucks.

The Wii Episodes were pretty good....mainly because it was Nintendo and Sci-Fi. But yea, South Park sucks as much as the guy I'm quoting*

*Bad attempt at a "Dyson sucks" joke. The guy himself is ace

It's good yeah,but in no way is great. I did think it was at first. I just think it's become tired and weary already owing to the formula being quite repetitive. I don't think it should ever have come back, I think it should have been left at just 3 series cos after then it has felt like it's lurching along. For me it just isn't consitently as great as south park and simpsons have been, even though yes it could be argued that neither of them are as great as they once were they are still awesome.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!