mario114

How much would you pay for a next gen game  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a next gen game

• £0-£30
    • £0-£40
    • £0-50
    • £0-60
    • £100+ (now wheres my gun, and map to the bank)

The most I will pay is £40. The planned £50 for next gen games is way too high and I doubt it will last. If I remember correctly, when XBox and Gamecube came out the price for a game was £45, but very few retailers sold it at this price. Most sold games for £40 so gamers would not be put off. Eventually, £40 became the accepted price for an XBox or Gamecube.

Masaki86 strikes a chord , long time gamers really are accustomed to paying extortionate prices .Developers of QUALITY games know hardcore gamers such as ourselves would pay over the odds for their titles .If nintendo asked for £70 for twilight princess i know most of us guys would pay it rather than wait for second hands eh!, maybe we should blame ourselves because we are the ones who pay it.Monopolyman also says something important ,sony & microsoft are offering more or less the same type of game as this current generation has already (it only looks better) WOW. Meanwhile , nintendo are offering a totaly new way to play them and laying down the gaunlet for developers to be more creative at the same time, they are constantly evolving the games industry to keep it fresh and i think it is worth paying them (sensible prices) to keep it that way. by the way "harribo" i was talking with god the other day and i asked him what team he supports . He grabbed me by the collar ,looked into my eyes and said " THE CELTIC , THE MIGHTY GLASGOW CELTIC".

I remember reading an article(can't rememeber where) about how microsoft and sony are just trying to sell consoles and games to the hardcore fan base, because its easy, reliable money, make a game you know most hardcore fans like and the $$$$ come rolling in any time you like. We're seeing this happening with the next generation, the consoles and games are being priced to pray on this hardcore gaming money pot, that they know will pay whatever they want them too, to get hold of certain game titles. The problem with this is at a point this hardcore sector is gonna get board of the same old shit that looks nicer (how many bows can you put on a turd before people realise its just shit?) and then their in trouble, sorry about the rant but this is the point, I think nintendo realise this and are going in the right direction, but they need to price the games to make more people think, "well it's cheap enough might as well give it a try" which is what they need and want with rev and that is not gonna happen if the price goes over £40!

Just my point of view.

Ahhhhh, I remember the days with my trusty rubber keyboarded ZX Spectrum, buying Codemaster games for under £5 and enjoying the brilliant little games that Mastertronic sold for £1.99. Top of the range games went for about £10 with the really special ones, usually with loads of stuff thrown in, would be about £15.

Ahhhhh, I remember the days with my trusty rubber keyboarded ZX Spectrum, buying Codemaster games for under £5 and enjoying the brilliant little games that Mastertronic sold for £1.99. Top of the range games went for about £10 with the really special ones, usually with loads of stuff thrown in, would be about £15.
Indeed, those were the days my friend. I got many a C64 game from John Menzies for £1.99. (After moaning to my Mum about it for half an hour beforehand or course!) :heh: Memories...

As far as the future is concerned, well I don't think Revolution buyers will have much to worry about in terms of high game prices. Nintendo have made it very clear that development costs will be low on Revolution, therefore I think prices are all but guaranteed to remain the same, if not drop a little.

360 and PS3 games though, that's a different story altogether.

$$$! :wink: