Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Stocka

Woah I don't have a problem with Primark because of it.

I won't lie, I haven't purchased anything from Primark but its because I do prefer better things and can afford them easily. I don't take notice of slave labour and all that stuff. Give me Topman/River Island/ Lyle and Scott etc any day :)

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't lie, I haven't purchased anything from Primark but its because I do prefer better things and can afford them easily. I don't take notice of slave labour and all that stuff. Give me Topman/River Island/ Lyle and Scott etc any day :)

You are really gonna have some trouble at Uni... :indeed:

Elaborate, I think I'm going to do fine actually. You haven't even been university yet so how could you know?

Obviously because I haven't been to Uni, no one I've ever spoken to can have either.

People do fine at Uni by buying cheaply. Most of your money will go on accommodation, what you have left has to go mainly on food. The remainder wont be much at all, so don't expect to be making many trips to River Island.

I do have parents, I'm sure they will give me money for clothes. I will never buy fro Primarks unless desperate times call for desperate measures. Just because I prefer to buy nice clothes doesn't automatically mean I'm going to struggle at uni >_>

Oh, I'm sorry, I was assuming that you would be living off the loan, and not getting free money.

I don't shop at primark. I dont have lots of money, and I wish I could buy clothes for that cheap. But overall, I don't like the clothes they sell for men in primark, they look cheap, and also, they dont fit me. Their 'small' clothes are too big and the smallest size of jeans I've found in there is a 32". I'm 28" or less even. Also, they've been widely criticised for their ethics and slavery.

It means I cant buy as many clothes, but when I do, I can get something that's good quality, and fits. Also, I can shop in H&M kids :) which is great

Actually Primark is one of the few stores that tries effortlessly to make sure it's clothes are ethically sourced. (Or at least it does now anyway after the problems it had)

Anyway, I don't shop at Primark either because like others have said I just don't like the mens clothes. I prefer to shop at Topman, River Island, H&M and then little independent stores like the Culture Vulture in Leeds. (Their T-shirts rock)

But yeah, I don't think people will have trouble at Uni if they don't shop at Primark. There's getting a job, there's help from parents etc. It's not like the shops are massively expensive.

@Dyson - Erm, I don't shop at these places so I can parade the label round and show people where I shop. I buy the clothes becuase I like them, simple as. If they sold clothes like that for cheap in Primark, I'd be there like a shot.

--

cobrastarshipcovernewqv9.jpg

cobra.bmp

It isn't about whether the clothes are ethically sourced or not, its the quality of clothes that I'm interested in, and how well they fit.

I don't shop at Primark, because I don't like the quality of the clothes there. Its not the designs (which are very good) or the prices (also extremely good) that affect my decision. Its the quality...and I don't like the material nor the feel of Primark clothes (I have tried clothes from there before).

Its got nothing to do with the cheapo image it might have or anything else like that. Personally I prefer River Island (my absolute fave shop!) but as the fish mentioned, I may have to stop going as often since I'm going Uni this year!

As long as it's not Jack Wills/Abercrombie, any of that lot, one can wear whatever they want. It's their choice whether they investigate where their cothes came from.

Though I hate how everyone seems to wear the same thing since everyone shops in Topman/shop, they at least try to make interesting T-shirts. However, as Fresh said, labels like Supreme Being and Chunk are far more interesting.

Theres a whole bunch of cool shops with amazing clothes in Edinburgh.

I think I bought a pair of jeans/trousers from Primark once, maybe Peacocks. We don't have either in Edinburgh.

Agreed with Ellmeister, Primark stuff not only looks a bit rubbish, but is also crap quality aswell.

As much as I love ya chicken I'm going to shout ''LIES!'' everything I've bought from primark has lasted me yonks, literally. But then I only buy from the female section rather than the males, so can't really back one half of the shop.

I've got to say it beats buying from river island, the only good thing about river island are the jeans, the rest bad humbug.

I like both topshop and primark, both seem decent enough, except plain tshirts I'd buy from primark, because I'm not paying £20 for the same tshirt :yay:

Everything I've bought from Primark has lasted me years. I don't see the problem.

Hell I found some t-shirts in my drawer I've not worn for ages, that I'm taking to Uni with me, that were from Primark. They look fine.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!