N-Europe

What games/system were you playing in 95/96

sagat

At the time i was ever only playing SNES. 1995 was a drought for me as i was playing crap games i had like demolition man, the flintstones etc. I played the megadrive but never played any CD based system like the PS2, Saturn etc. Those were the days:)

Ninety-six had to be the last days of the SNES didnt it? What year was the N64 out? It was Easterish '97...? Prior to Shadows of t'Empire, Yoshi's Island and the almighty Dixie Kongs Double Trouble were the order of the day. Great memories, itll soon be time to dig out the SNES for a pre-chrimbo bash. Pop n Twinbee, Buster Busts Loose, Cybernator... the list would go on and on if I allowed it. :geek:

I was a naive 7 year old with a Sega Master System back then. Hardly had any games either, we just spent months trying to complete the in-built Alex the Kid game. Ah simpler (and cheaper) times.

Alex the Kidd was so cool, remember the level on the motor bike? It was a good game, and really a nice touch to have it in built. Do you know a Mickey Mouse game for Master System?

Alex the Kidd was so cool, remember the level on the motor bike? It was a good game, and really a nice touch to have it in built. Do you know a Mickey Mouse game for Master System?

Yeah i know the game your talking about, Ive got that! I cant remember the full name of the game though. It was a brilliant game!

I was probably still playing james pond.

My snes was broke about a year before we got a n64 so I was playing my old sega games(one of the james bonds, think it was thunderball) and the amiga (James Pond) before it got stolen somehow...still think that was just parental lies.

How could an amiga just disappear in the middle of the night? And why an amiga? Surely a VCR or something would have appeared tastier? I bet some poverty child is out there selling my amiga games for crack.

I miss james pond.

Yeah i know the game your talking about, Ive got that! I cant remember the full name of the game though. It was a brilliant game!

I remember the mickey mouse game, i think. The fisrt level was like.. a forest, and you collected apples?

Yeah Im pretty sure we're on the same wavelength here. I got to the end of it a few times - a big fight against a Wizard... but never vanquished him. :blank: I think my Master System knowledge is being stretched to its max, you guys remember a Simpsons game for it? I played it a few times but couldnt play it properly due to using Megadrive controllers instead of proper Master System ones. If thats a valid reason, maybe the Mega Drive and Master System had the same controller anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing the last few Megadrive and SNES games I ever bought, and had begun moving over to PC gaming. But even then, I mostly just played the demos I found on magazine cover disks. I had become a bit bored of video gaming at the time. It wasn't until some way into 1997 that I begun exploring the world of PC gaming proper.

I didnt have any consoles of my own, but I basically lived at my friends house, playing the Megadrive. Lion king, a jurrasic park game I cant remember the name of, aforementioned mickey mouse one(Fantasia I think), and this one, although I cant remember for the life of me what it waS:

sega_mega_drive_collection_1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I was mostly playing these on my Megadrive back then...

• Desert & Jungle Strike
  • RoboCop Vs Terminator
  • StreetFighter II CE
  • Jurassic Park
  • Flashback
  • Sonic 1 & 2
  • SplatterHouse 2
  • Mortal Kombat II
  • Where In Time is Carmen Sandiego
  • MegaGames 2 (Streets of Rage, Rev of Shinobi, Golden Axe)
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Another World

and many more.......