N-Europe

Wii Adverts

Gaijin von Snikbah

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! I really liked that advert, it actually shows what the Wii can do, unlike the men in cubes for the Gamecube launch. It seems a bit long for TV, do you reckon it will be shortened?

I hope they shorten it into 2 or 3 adverts. Maybe the blokes visiting each house can be one seperate ad?

There's quite a lot of double page spread adverts in mags such as Games TM and Edge, but all they say is Wii in huge letters, and a date. It's not really helpful to people who don't know what a wii is. Still, it was a games mag, so I doubt there's really anyone who didn't know what a wii was...

Also: I didn't like that advert very much, but I think it'd be quite good for cinemas.

There have bein ads hanging around on gamesindustry.biz for about a month now, but outside of that I thought that the huge 'Wii' with the date in magazines (I saw it in NGamer) was just an introduction courtesy of the staff, because they're huge fans or something like that. Because there ain't even an Nintendo logo on the ad, nopr any trademark or copyrighjt issues, so it's a poor ad this way. We'll jsut see how that works out, but with roughly four weeks to ge (and on in the Americas), it's about time they started the ad-wagon.

Offtopic: IE is a worldwide standard, but it interpretets the HTML wrongly, even if it's writin correctly. And IE has a incredible insecure system were virusses and SPAM just walk through without problem. Luckily, MicroSoft IE 7.0 will be beter for support with HTML and more secure thanks to it's seperation for the normal explorer. Microsoft does listen every once in a while - and most of the while when it's starting to lose market share to firefox and other browsers...

Microsoft does listen every once in a while - and most of the while when it's starting to lose market share to firefox and other browsers...

More like they get a bit miffed when some company releases a product which is better than Micro$oft's and that product actually starts to beat Micro$oft's.

You would be surprised how many products come out which are better than M$'s but no one knows about them.

I'm in Art School, and ask anyone what program they are using for their digital imagery, they'll all answer paint. Paint. Paint. Not photoshop. 'Too complex' - but Photoshop is not complex, it's just english (most of the versions) and therefore harder to use (I'm from Belgium). But if you know WHAT you're doing, it should be no problem. They all are, however, talking about 'photoshopping'... But okay, back to topic now would be a good idea.