NEurope
Gaijin von Snikbah

Wii Adverts

How about a thread collecting all the Wii adverts we can find? You got it!

Example A: Found this on Eurogamer today, when clicking on a preview of Rayman.

wiiadsnp7.jpg

Since there will be many ads like this one, hearing where and when it was seen, will be all the more interesting.

Well, I just posted this pic in the "Wii worldwide ardvertising" thread:

wii_ad.jpg

Somehow that thread slipped the radar. But this one is nice also. I hope the mods woke up on the right side of bed.

That advert is BIG.

I cant see that times square one.

I havnt seen any adverts around where i live. Gamestation have a banner above some shelves for there they're gonna out it, and thats all ive seen.

I saw one on gamespot. But what the hell's the use of advertising there when basically everyone who visits that site is a gaming nerd?

I spotted one yesterday in Comet. It might not be advertising, but where the games are stocked, they had a little display up with Wii at the top. I was surprised to see it there, and i even took a picture of it on my phone. I'll try and post it when i get credit.

The day Nintendo of Norway do any advertising.. I'll be surprised. There's stuff in Spiderman, but other than that.. Nothing. I don't think I've ever seen a Nintendo advert outside of gaming magazines and whatnot. Only a select few (pretty much just EA) games are ever advertised here.

The Wii Move You adverts are really hitting the web now. Ive seen them on multiple sites including Gamespot, CVG, Gamesradar and Eurogamer.

Hmm why are they only on game websites? Surely everyone on there will already heard of it?

They should put it on stuff like bebo and myspace. Then it would be seen by MILLIONS of people!

The Wii Move You adverts are really hitting the web now. Ive seen them on multiple sites including Gamespot, CVG, Gamesradar and Eurogamer.

On IGN now too.

I saw an advertising video on all the HD TVs in Comet this weekend...does that count?

I saw an advertising video on all the HD TVs in Comet this weekend...does that count?

But was it simply the video preview from E3 or whenever? If so, then no, as that advertising was Comets choice...kinda thing..

just got in from work, and I saw the Toys R Us booklet that will go in to this Sundays paper. The Wii had most of a whole page to its self: peace: , less then 25% of the page was for GC, where as the PS3 had to share a page with the 360:heh: , they both had half.

My local Game has had stuff in for ages, they seem to be really pushing the Wii but they are situated inside Debenhams, the one in town just has a video running on the screen.

Haven't really seen much online however, and Nintendo definately need to advertise on sites such as myspace, faceparty etc, along with news outlets and the like.

offtopic:

I see people here using IE, please go download a standards compliant browser such as Opera or FireFox you will wonder how you ever used IE, and it makes my job that little bit easier every time someone switches away from IE.

Thanking you :)

offtopic:

I see people here using IE, please go download a standards compliant browser such as Opera or FireFox you will wonder how you ever used IE, and it makes my job that little bit easier every time someone switches away from IE.

Thanking you :)

But surely, if IE is used by ~90% of internet users, then IE is the standard you should be working to? :santa:

retro whats that skin for x-fire, whered you get it from? (never midn ive found it :D)

also listening to Wierd al, lol, good on you.

Also I agree with Cold Fire, all you IE userd should get firefox or opera. Its way better, i cant rememeber the last time iused IE. twas long ago.

But surely, if IE is used by ~90% of internet users, then IE is the standard you should be working to? :santa:

Unfortunately you are about right with the numbers, however W3C set the standard for coding XHTML and i do not want to lower my skill set and only work to a lower standard. Its just unfortunate that M$ bundle IE with Windows.

I design and develop for standards compliant browsers and fix for IE, but if more people switch then maybe (one day) we will see that number reversed. The revolution must start now :D