N-Europe

Wii Sports - full game details with new logo

Cookyman

x1pxOYwqu4SjF4_92NRw4M9119OJofouiBWPw7yshH_7y6kL6_lNDLp3RYjKxkaOSI_cvri0HskAjgrMWpkvHwJrPIKXZRR8CCYvyh-CFJZdyhJ6stHr-cLb4QalHHibAdCUP766MSLZjDtwgnhdSTTDA

Thanks to: Aussie Nintendo

Wii Sports offers five distinct sports experiences, each using the Wii Remote to provide a natural, intuitive and realistic feel. Players can use their own Mii™ caricatures in the game and play them against their friends’ Miis for a more personalized experience. As players improve, their Miis’ skill levels will increase, so that they can see exactly how much better they’ve become.

* Baseball (1-2 players): Players grip the Wii Remote like a bat and swat fastballs out of the park, or fire a fastball over the plate with a flick of their wrist. Timing and bat speed will make all the difference between going yard and whiffing, so keep an eye on the ball and swing for the fences. In the two-player game, one player pitches and the other bats – all fielding and running is automatic, so that players can focus on the action.

* Boxing (1-2 players): Using the Nunchuk™ controller as one glove and the Wii Remote as the other, players dodge, weave and punch their opponents. Players hold their hands high to guard their faces or low to block their torsos. They punch high to hit their opponents’ faces or low to get under their guard for a body blow. Swing both arms left or right to sidestep oncoming blows and move into position for a devastating knockout.

* Bowling (1-4 players): Players raise the Wii Remote in their hand just like a bowling ball, and then swing their arms to roll the ball. The speed of the swing and the angle at which they release the ball affects the ball’s spin, so it will take some practice to master control over the ball and knock down the pins.

* Golf (1-4 players): Step up to the tee, hold the Wii Remote like a golf club and swing naturally to smack the ball onto the green. The harder players swing the club, the farther the ball will fly. Be careful, though – if players swing too hard, their ball will fly out of control, so they should be sure to take some practice swings before going for the pin. After reaching the green, line up putts carefully, practice the stroke and try to hole out.

* Tennis (1-4 players): Players grab the Wii Remote like a racket and swing – the game registers forehands, backhands, volleys, lobs, slices, spin and power depending on how fast the user swings and at what angle. Don’t worry about moving around the court to get to the ball – the game automatically moves players into position.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would've been fun if you could move the characters.

As a result Tennis is flawed, Baseball is flawed and Boxing is flawed just because the concept is shit.

Golf could be fun, but I'm guessing the courses will be very limited and the physics even more so.

Which club would you like?

A- Putter

B- 1 Wood

You selected Putter, swing.

Mergh, Bowling seems to be the only gaming concept that hasn't been screwed with to make it more simple.

I guess I'll get a few hours out of bowling providing it takes more than 20 minutes to master the art of getting a strike every bowl.

Fin.

i wont play this game much by my self mostly as a multiplayer exept for gulf mainly (the only fun thing about bowling is changing your friends names to somthing embarassing when there not looking.) and not moving will ruin the others for single player at least maybe the multiplayer it depends on the limit on controlls

not sure about boxing

i wouldn't buy this game if it was'nt free

Nintendo are hoping that this will be wii's Nintendogs or Brain Training .

They are?

I don't think so at all, I think it's just a collection of simple games to show what the wiimote is about to new people. I now I've talked about Wii sports tot my parents and they want to play, but if I showed them the nunchuk and the wiimote and started telling them lots of commands and stuff they'd just move away.

Wii Sports = Non Gamer Heaven, and Wii Sports is an ideal game to show the capabilities of the controller. Virtually no learning curve. Think of it as Wiis equivalent to Luigis Mansion in the sense that its just a tech demo, except that with Luigis Mansion, the focus was on the cubes graphical capabilities, and not so much the controller like Wii Sports as Wii Sports certainly isn't a good graphical showcase for the Wii. I would only buy this game if it were $25US.

(+[___]·:·)

All reports of Wii Sports have been good. I can't say it's my most anticipated game either, in fact, if it weren't packaged in I probably wouldn't buy it. But I won't dismiss it like a number of people above. I'm sure it will be more fun than you imagine it to be.

i always forget Wii golf! hope its not too sensitive :S

thank god we're getting this for free, it saves me 40 quid :D

I don't think they have given it to us 'free' they would of costed it into the bundle as they know most gamers if given the choice wouldn't buy it.

And for non-gamers they would need a demo of how to get to grips with the controller.

Seems really could demo - shame it hasn't got online hopefully they will patch it

I don't see how online suits this game at all....

It's not. People just want NintendoConnect24 to be there at launch (WHICH IT WON'T BE)

On another note, if you want to be gay and play Pong online there's a Firefox plugin that allows you to do so.

I really don't think there will be loads of patches in the way you guys are thinking also.

Patches won't be like ones on Steam.. they'll probably be minor bolt on content and expansion packs.

Nothing core to the gameplay experience.

It's not. People just want NintendoConnect24 to be there at launch (WHICH IT WON'T BE)

Connect24 isn't online play, Connect24 is the fact that the Wii is connected to the internet 24/7 and can do things whilst it's 'asleep'. It will be there at launch, for the likes of Opera, the news and weather channels.

The Wii could be online at launch... Everything's there - the libraries, the capability in the Wii and all software (Connect 24 and Opera) is included.

The libraries got released too late however and no developer can implement them on time for launch. Only Nintendo 2nd party GameFreak is managing to make Pokemon Battle Revolution online for launch in Japan.