NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

So now it's Grand Theft Banjo? BanjoKart? GummiShip Banjo?

Sorry, just been in /v/.

I think it looks mint! As long as it's about 50/50 with platforming and driving/flying I'm happy.

After watching the video I think it looks a lot of fun, but it's definitely proved my point that they have just stuck Banjo into a completely un-BK-related game.

I think it's gonna be tipped more to the vehicle building side of things since that part looks like it's pretty well done.

I think it looks mint! As long as it's about 50/50 with platforming and driving/flying I'm happy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

TBH, even with Mario Galaxy, platform games have hardly evolved since SM64.

Also, I'm certain that I saw Freezeezy Peak's scarf in that video.

but I completely disagree with the camera part, you cold control it entirely with the C-stick! It was only as bad as the person controlling it.

I also disagree with the camera part, it only gave me trouble in one part of the game and the control with the C-Stick was very good, but the best type of camera is the one you don't need to move.

. That being said, despite the vehicles, it still looks like a Banjo game to me.

Looks like Ratchet and Clank or something like that to me.

Also, I'm certain that I saw Freezeezy Peak's scarf in that video.

They confirmed that he was in it a while back.

lol what? Not to mention I don't any platorming here. Calling a game a platformer and taking the platforming out makes it a... non-platforming game. Of course, it's not like I played the game already, but from what I see, it's not a platformer at all. Sticking vehicles in the genre won't make it evolve.

Looks like it's going to be about 90/10 to me. I mean once you've made a car, you're not going to run everywhere are you? Once it can fly, you're not going to jump anywhere or swim anywhere....

Again we don't know exactly how it works, if you need to collect an item you and it's down a narrow tunnel. You can't take a car through can you?

I agree with that statement! : peace:

After watching the video I think it looks a lot of fun, but it's definitely proved my point that they have just stuck Banjo into a completely un-BK-related game.

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/18830

More proof: Rare themselves have said that it started as a non-BK game.

Rare have ruined banjo! Its more a sequel to banjo pilot than banjo kazooie. Im not saying that this wont be fun, i just wanted a platformer, I wanted to break kazooies back as she would walk up a hill. Looks like that isn't going to happen. 8 years waiting for a new game wasted.

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/18830

More proof: Rare themselves have said that it started as a non-BK game.

I thought so.

On the X06 trailer...

The teaser trailer showed Spiral Mountain, a Jiggy, a note. I think it was kind of tongue in cheek, purposely done to make people think we were doing a hi-res version of Tooie.

On team-moves...

What we wanted to do was cut back on Banjo and Kazooie's teamwork moves, because for every move the characters had, it took away one of the reasons for people to build something

:blank: :blank:

On giving Banjo a voice...

It was a big decision. Should we go with speech or stick with that Banjo tradition. In the end we thought that having speech would take it away from being a Banjo game. We tried it, and it was rubbish.

Well I'm glad they at least didn't give him a voice. That would've been the nail in the coffin really.

Kazzoie's moves were removed and he just a uses a "gravity gun"! WTF Rare

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

banjo_kazooie_logo.jpg

Famed game developer Rare Ltd. is reviving one of its most beloved and successful franchises exclusively on Xbox 360 with the third installment of the “Banjo-Kazooie” series. “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” embraces new and old fans alike, as the famous bear and bird duo return in stunning high definition for a unique adventure of epic proportions. The Lord of the Games (aka LOG) is tired of the petty squabbling between Banjo and the evil witch Gruntilda (aka Grunty) over the years, and has arranged a showdown to decide the rightful owner of Spiral Mountain. Claiming to have created every video game ever made, LOG has built the game worlds in which the contest’s challenges take place. Banjo must complete LOG’s challenges to win, while Grunty tries to stop him using every method her devious mind can muster.

Throughout their adventure, players create their own abilities by building vehicles for Banjo to pilot over land, water and air. Vehicle parts, which range from simple devices such as engines and wheels to more unusual equipment such as springs and egg guns, are earned and collected throughout the game. Players use their imagination to combine parts in any order to create whatever vehicle they choose. LOG’s challenges have one goal, but players’ choice of vehicle and tactics will determine how they get there. By exploring worlds and solving puzzles, players both young and old will be rewarded with more advanced and diverse vehicle parts in their quest to defeat Grunty once and for all.

With the power of Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE, “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” brings an entirely new experience to the console and takes the franchise to a whole new level of enjoyment. High-definition graphics, user-created content and online gameplay are just three of the many advances people of all ages and skill levels will discover as they embark on their adventure.

Features: Top features include the following:

An adventure that starts with your imagination. If you can imagine it, you can build it in the Mumbo’s Motors easy-to-use workshop. Then put your creation to the test as you take on Grunty in your quest for Spiral Mountain. Unlike other games, where the player progressively picks up new skills or abilities at points pre-determined by the game’s creator, “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” puts the power of improving Banjo’s abilities into the hands of the players as they build vehicles that allow Banjo to progress through the game. Vehicle parts include a wide variety of body panels, engines, wheels, wings, propellers, fuel and weapons, plus many more weird and wonderful gadgets such as floaters, Mumbo Bombos and the versatile sticky ball, from which players can design and create anything from a simple object-carrying truck to a space-age flying saucer. Once you’ve designed your creation, give it the finishing touch by painting it and choosing a suitable name before Banjo jumps in and pilots it into action.

Customizable experience. With more than 100 contraption parts and unlimited combinations possible, no two players will have the same experience in “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.” By exploring the vast game worlds, discovering hidden secrets and solving puzzles to win rewards, players continually find more and more ways to customize and improve their contraptions, creating an unprecedented level of user-generated content for a 3-D platform adventure game.

Fun right out of the box. Don’t worry if you aren’t the world’s greatest inventor or want to skip the workshop and get straight to the action, because “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” comes with a fully loaded experience right out of the box. Pre-built vehicles are included so players can jump right in and get started, with many more contraptions available for purchase throughout the adventure using the in-game currency system of musical notes.

Engaging storyline and entertaining characters. Two of Rare’s most beloved characters have returned from retirement, making their debut on Xbox 360. To win the deed to their homeland and prevent the evil witch Gruntilda from developing it into tower blocks and malls, Banjo and his best friend Kazooie battle over land, sea and air against their longtime rival. Familiar faces such as Mumbo Jumbo, Bottles, Captain Blubber and the Jinjos are also back to lend a hand, along with an equally colorful cast of new friends and foes. Look out for Trophy Thomas, Piddles, Lord of the Games and Grunty’s mechanically menacing army of Gruntbots.

Enjoy alone or with friends. “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts” offers complete single-player and multiplayer experiences. You can play through the adventure alone in the single-player campaign, or play with friends in competitive or cooperative challenges on your own or in teams.

Fun for everyone. Xbox 360 is the home to the best entertainment experiences for everyone. With “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts,” Xbox 360 continues to build its impressive lineup of content that appeals to people of all ages and types.

I thought Kazooie was a she...

I thought it said it somewhere aswell. Have I been wrong all these years?

No wait a second, bottles or whatever the moles name is calls her a she does he not?

Why is Kazooie even in this game if she has her moves taken away?

Its Rare so lets wait for the gameplay. Their games always look good. so far i am not sold on this. Vehicles in these kinds of games especially with so many combinations are clunky and frustrating. Seems like there isnt any actual platforming.

I think the game looks quite good. I've had very little experience with Banjo games so maybe thats why I like the look of it more than others.

I'm just really hoping this isn't the real "Banjo 3" and that somewhere down the road we will see a game released called "Banjo Threeie" with the classic gameplay. Hopefully this is just a spin off, like Grunty's Revenge or Banjo Pilot.

Edit: The rubbish character design isn't just restricted to Banjo and Kazooie either ;-;

cast-list-bottles.jpg