NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

If you close your eyes it looks like Jak and Daxter! :heh:

Finally! some screens without vehicles, though after seeing more of those vehicle screens they will obviously play a part in the single player but maybe not so much I think Rare just wants to show us the "new" stuff they have added, I'm thinking the vehicles will be a more prominent feature in online multiplayer maybe? :wtf:

It looks really nice, different from everything else out there (I think it looks a world apart from Jak and Daxter personally, compare two screenshots, both games are quite different visually, maybe it's all the vehicles though :heh: ) but yeah it looks good, so Banjo and Kazooie look a bit different *shrugs* was bound to happen and besides they still look good and you have to bear in mind (sorry >>) that the originals were on the N64 and styles of games change a lot especially if they are on entirely different pieces of hardware.

Well I'm quite hopeful for this but I need to see some footage and some convincing yet that the vehicles won't completely ruin the game. :(

But until then I remain open minded. :smile:

That one where they're standing on the tightrope.

Holy shit at the draw distance...

That one where they're standing on the tightrope.

Holy shit at the draw distance...

I thought that was one of the best screens and is now my desktop wallpaper. :smile:

Someone on NeoGAF pointed this out and I can kinda see it.

i_467431-1.jpg

What we're seeing in this shot is Spiral Mountain being built.

Edit-

All the racing shots are from the multiplayer.

All the singleplayer screens are only from one level.

Holy fuck.

It seems that this Banjo has taken inspiration from the later Jak and Daxter games.

Why does everything look so un-organic?

This is my issue too, I think I really preferred the look of the n64 game. Here it looks like everything is made out of metal and rubber and felt, nothing looks like real grass. Maybe that is the idea of the story, they're trapped in some kind of fake copy of the world or something (hence why that could actually be Spiral Mountain being built, although I'm not sure I completely buy that), but if not I don't think I'm going to be that happy with this style.

That said, it does look very cool and very impressive for what they've aimed for. Even if I don't like the style, it's obviously taken a lot of work and is very pleasing on the eye. Nice to see Banjo out of the vehicles too, for a moment I was worried that you couldn't actually run anywhere.

Why have we suddenly received these shots anyway? One minute it's all hush-hush and scribes denies anybody any news, and a day later we have about 10 screenies?

Amazingly, someone at MS put them up on the press site which is open to the public. Poor guy, he is so fired.

DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT

Vehicles = Do not want

Tightrope screen + others = DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT

Hmm...if you look at this then this it looks like there could be some size-changing involved.
I hate to state the epically obvious, but I think Banjo is just closer to the camera in the second one :heh:

I don't like the look of the style much. It doesn't feel like it's going to be like the first 2. It's so fake looking, especially compared to the other games. Banjo looks like he's made from blocks of sponge, the world/levels seem to technological and everythings made from metal, and as Mcmad said, un-organic. It could be this way for a specific reason which i'll wait for, but the style isn't for me.

It looks more techy than Ratchet and Clank even since the organic bits are metalic objects. Nice way to save on polygons. Even Banjo looks angular.

Hopefully gameplay is good. No doubting Rare's graphic prowess.

I can't help but see Kazooie as a Pinata from Viva Pinata.

It looks beautiful though.

Oh wow... I think, I think I found God in these screens.

Looks beautiful.

Banjo looks so cool, from a art point. I love the new look of the Bear and Bird duo.

I hope the new vehicles don't play out too much single player wise, though.

I don't like the look of the style much. It doesn't feel like it's going to be like the first 2. It's so fake looking, especially compared to the other games. Banjo looks like he's made from blocks of sponge, the world/levels seem to technological and everythings made from metal, and as Mcmad said, un-organic. It could be this way for a specific reason which i'll wait for, but the style isn't for me.
Agreed.

I really don't like the art style the games taken, I just don't like the visual look of anything really in those screens.

It doesn't remind me in any way of the originals and I've just lost so much interest in this game!

I'm a bit aprehensive about all the machines too, but I like the design though.

I hate how Rare usually style their games, with the exception of Viva Pinata, but this looks fantastic.

Well the big new mechanic gets revealed tomorrow, what's the predictions?

I'm betting it's something to do with collecting parts and building these vehicles, customizing them etc. That explains all the vehicles in the screens and the "Bear At Work" and blue print theme of the teaser site.