NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Virtual Boy and Mario Sunshine say otherwise.

Mario Sunshine wasn't that bad...

Agreed.

Virtual Boy and Mario Sunshine say otherwise.

When it comes to games, everyone knows Nintendo can be trusted. Virtual Boy is more than just a game and nintendo are known for making mistakes when it comes to hardware. SNES add-on cum Playstation, nintendo's biggest rival now, anyone?

RARE used to be in the same boat but the people that made RARE what it was have already left but I am sure you know this.

Just out of curiosity people are aware that the original Banjo team are working on this right?

RARE used to be in the same boat but the people that made RARE what it was have already left but I am sure you know this.

Kameo and Viva Pinata say otherwise. Yes I loved them games and to me they felt like they both had that Rare magic.

I'm only moaning about it because it's not really a Banjo game and not the game we we're waiting for. That aside though, as a non-Banjo platforing game though, it does look good. The vehicle part looks like it'll be pretty well done and care in it. But the vehicle part doesn't interest me much.

Just out of curiosity people are aware that the original Banjo team are working on this right?

But the heads of RARE [the ones who created RARE] have left haven't they? Also, back in the N64 days, RARE had the support of Nintendo too so some of the game ideas would have seen some input from them.

I'm only moaning about it because it's not really a Banjo game and not the game we we're waiting for. That aside though, as a non-Banjo platforing game though, it does look good. The vehicle part looks like it'll be pretty well done and care in it. But the vehicle part doesn't interest me much.

Of course it's a proper Banjo game, just because it isn't exactly like the N64 ones doesn't mean it's not a true successor. It's not like it's a sports game or a point and click game or something. It's still a platforming game just with a focus on vehicles too.

This thread is literally jammed with amateur dramatics!

Give the game a bloody chance! It's not like the lords of everything (aka Nintendo) have never made a game with one of their franchises that makes you go "wtf?" to start with. Yes, it looks like a dramatic change, but it could turn out to be a very good game.

So far this thread is mostly speculative bullshit based on very, very little info...

We know it will likely be awesome, but it's not what was expected/anticipated, leading to alot of pissed off people.

Of course it's a proper Banjo game,
Yeah except it's not though is it!

They've taken away the trademark partnership moves of Banjo & Kazooie, there aren't loads of individually themed platforming worlds [there's just one expansive 'hub'], the visual aspects have completely changed, there's no sign there'll be any of the classic transformations etc...

In the same way you wouldn't have accepted Pokemon Snap being "the next pokemon game", you can't call this "the next Banjo game".

A spin off Banjo game, Yes, but when everyone was expecting a classic Banjo platformer [only brought into and revitalised for this generation, a la Super Mario Galaxy], surely you can see why there's dissapointment!

You obviously don't get my point.
OK then what's your point? because it almost is an entirely different genre of game!

Caris' point is that it is Banjo 3, because the team are making it as a Banjo 3, correct?

But to me, the definition of a sequel is something which is very similar in nature, keeping the same rough formula. For example, Zelda games.

I would class this more as a spin-off, something that takes place in the same world but which has a very different focus. For example, Metroid Prime is a spin off (imo) of the Metroid series, because it is played in a very different way. Still the same series, the same universe, but a different play style.

They also said at first Nuts and Bolts wasn't even a Banjo game at first. It might have some platforming in it, but the focus is on the vehicle aspect inseat, and by the looks so far, it will be heavily focused on that instead of the platforming.

The best way to explain would be by using the Jak and Daxter series.

Jak and Daxter was a normal and excellent platform game then Jak 2 came along and added vehicles, races and a massive central world. They basically took Jak and Daxter and gave it a GTA feel but this didnt make it any less of a J&D game.

there aren't loads of individually themed platforming worlds [there's just one expansive 'hub']

Instead of a load of levels we get a load of levels sewn together into one massive one.

They also said at first Nuts and Bolts wasn't even a Banjo game at first. It might have some platforming in it, but the focus is on the vehicle aspect inseat, and by the looks so far, it will be heavily focused on that instead of the platforming.

I thought they said that they were making an HD, high-polycount Banjo then decided to shift towards the vehicle-component idea, because they weren't liking the outcome?

Anyway i'm really liking the premise of this game. Rareware seem to feel confident it adds to the experience, rather than detract from it; I'm confident they'll pull it off.

Instead of a load of levels we get a load of levels sewn together into one massive one.

So there's all the more space to drive and fly in :heh:

So really you're all complaining at yourselves. You're annoyed at yourselves for assuming that this game would be Banjo Kazooie 3, when in fact it probably isn't (afaik BK3 hasn't been mentioned at all).

The moral of the story? Stop speculating. You lot have built yourselves up for a fall and are now blaming it on a game that, in all honesty, looks fantastic!

Hold yourselves safe in the knowledge that BK3 probably will happen one day, and just enjoy this game for what it is!

Neither was Star Fox Adventures, but that game gets slagged off constantly. Odd really, Sunshine wasn't any better than it, yet that game gets excused constantly...

Neither was Star Fox Adventures, but that game gets slagged off constantly. Odd really, Sunshine wasn't any better than it, yet that game gets excused constantly...

Mario can do no wrong apparently. Tell that to the people that actually bought the virtual boy, although maybe they deserved it for buying such a horrible machine. If looks could kill...

The moral of the story? Stop speculating. You lot have built yourselves up for a fall and are now blaming it on a game that, in all honesty, looks fantastic!

Hold yourselves safe in the knowledge that BK3 probably will happen one day, and just enjoy this game for what it is!

I agree the game looks fantastic. They're doing what they think is best for the series, even if it will upset the fans.

I personally really enjoyed SFA and SMS. An aquired taste I guess.

So really you're all complaining at yourselves. You're annoyed at yourselves for assuming that this game would be Banjo Kazooie 3, when in fact it probably isn't (afaik BK3 hasn't been mentioned at all).

That's bullshit. By the generalised response this got, its pretty clear they did something wrong. They liked the hype it had with "Banjo-Threeie" and didn't have the guts to tell us it was nothing like it, or even worse, this IS Banjo-Threeie!

How do you know this new vehicle mechanic won't be a fantastic addition to the series that evolves the series as a whole?

Then again I couldn't care less if it stays 'faithful' the originals because I'm just interested in the quality of the game...

I'm not saying it won't be a good and fun game, but its certainly isn't Banjo AND Kazooie.

How do you know this new vehicle mechanic won't be a fantastic addition to the series that evolves the series as a whole?

Then again I couldn't care less if it stays 'faithful' the originals because I'm just interested in the quality of the game...

I for one, would have preferred running jumping gliding to what it is now, which is driving boosting flying mechanics. Ah well I have already stated I wanted less reasons to get a 360 so I am sorta happy it's this way.

Also, ratchet and clank isn't really like this as it has a focus on weapons and platforming. Dunno why some mentioned ratchet and clank cos they really are different.

Can't wait for the first in-depth hands on so we can see how this mechanic really fares. For me it sounds like an intuitive and accessible/fun replacement to the jumping/gliding.